Fellowship of the Homebrew IX: Better Bring Beer Because Birthday Boys' Bellies Be Bone-dry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d be interested but I don’t have any trader rating so I’d be ineligible, right?

Nice, well if you guys are short and need someone, and there’s a consensus, I’m in....just let me know.

I’ve never shipped beer before, I’d there a preferred method (ie fed ex, ups, pony express)?

I’ve never shipped beer before, I’d there a preferred method (ie fed ex, ups, pony express)?
Some info I gave in last round. Video about packing and my advice.

https://homebrewacademy.com/how-to-ship-beer/
Screenshot_2019-08-24-18-47-35.jpeg

Sorry, guys. I've been out of touch for a while now. Really too busy at work to "hang out" like I used to. Plus, I recently found out that my HBT email was not flowing so I was missing notifications for a while. I would be in for this if I had anything, but I'm questioning my quality right now. The last batch moved too quickly to the keg, I think.

Anyway, have fun and keep me in mind for next time.

Are you guys okay with a pick day change from Thursday (my bday) to Tuesday? The time will remain the same (6pm PST / 9pm EST) unless we need to adjust that to accommodate you East Coasters. Let me know if that works for everyone's schedules.

Oh...the offers...

@camonick offer

NOTE: Includes 2 12oz bottles of each

• Hell's Bells Munich Helles (Biermuncher's recipe)
Pilsner, Vienna, & Munich Malt
Tettnang hops
19.4 IBUs 4.0 SRM 5.0% ABV

• 100 Shilling (My version of Odell 90 Shilling)
2 row, Crystal 45, Munich, Carapils, Red Wheat malt & Chocolate Malt
Nugget & Perle hops
32.1 IBUs 14.7 SRM 5.4% ABV
Very close clone that is just a touch darker than the original. I served this keg at my brother's wedding reception and had very positive feedback.

The following are kegged and carbonating: (I will bottle when I'm satisfied with carbonation and clarity)

• Putt-Putt Pilsner
Pilsner, Crystal 10 & carapils
Saaz hops
21.9 IBUs 3.7 SRM 5.5% ABV
A favorite beer of mine that goes down too easy on a hot day

• Lacey's Red Irish Red Ale (2nd version)
2 row, Crystal 120, Caramunich I, Aromatic malt, Special B & black barley
Northern Brewer & Willamette hops
28 IBUs 19.6 SRM 5.1% ABV

• DUNK!!! Munich Dunkel (internet recipes researched and modified by me)
Munich malt, Pilsner malt, melanoiden, Carafa I
Tettnang hops
25.4 IBUs 15.5 SRM 5.2% ABV

@PianoMan offer

• Peanut Butter Milk Stout: 6.5% This one used Extract Peanut Butter for the 1st time. Easy PB for sure.

• Wood Roasted Coffee Milk Stout: 6.5%. Used a local wood roasting company, Summermoon, for their dark roasted coffee. Same base as the PB MS.

• Dubbel: 6.5%. Used to build yeast cake for 2 quads. My best dubbel yet.

• Journeyman Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout. About 11%. Ten Fidy inspired clone and aged in the whiskey barrel for about 1 week. Approx 3 months old.

• Pinthouse 16oz glass will be included

@aharri1 offer

• Czechoslovakian Black Pilsner abv 7%.
Recipe from E'Fleku brewery

• Halo Halo Milkshake IPA 8%
Filipino style dessert with jackfruit, mango, coconut, and sweet red beans

• Tentative Belgian Dubbel 7.5%

@ehk089 offer

• german Pilsner- 100% pils malt hopped w a mix of tettnag and sazz

• west coast grapefruit ipa...hopped primarily with chinook and cascade, pale malt with a dash of crystal, San Diego super yeast. Dry hopped with cascade and conditioned on ~1 lb per 5 gal of fresh ruby red grapefruit for a week.

• neipa - primarily Madrid otter grist, imperial yeast kveiking fermented at 90 for 3 days...15 min ctz charge, whirlpool citra, African queen and southern passion, dry hopped in keg southern passion and African queen

• Vienna lager- 100% Vienna grist, tettnang hops, imperial harvest

@fourfarthing offer

• Sophie Pale Ale

• Arthur Witte

• Stray Paddington Brett IPA

New!!!
• Paddington Brett Saison - Saison brewed with European hops and conditioned on Brett. Lightly dryhopped.

• Golden Perch Bier de Miel - Honey saison. Based on last years version, I would highly suggest cellaring for at least six months to find the ideal flavor. Will send 2. One for fresh one for aging.

• Ivy Bush Bitter - ESB. Brewing this weekend but last years was finally where I wanted it. Mainly EKG with some Fuggles.

@TBC offer

• Sangria Blush Wine-WineExpert Kit

• Lemon Skeeter Pee-recipe at skeeterpee.com

• Lime Skeeter Pee-same as above but substituted lime juice for lemon

• Belgian White Ale
5lbs Pilsner
2.5 flaked wheat
2.5 torrified wheat
2oz Celeia 60min
1oz coriander primary
1oz sweet orange peel primary
Danstar Munich Ale yeast

• Lemondrop Wheat-5.5%
5lb 6-row
6lb white wheat
1lb flaked wheat
1lb torrified wheat
14oz corn sugar to boost ABV
1oz Lemon drop 60min
1oz Lemon drop 30min
1oz Lemon drop 5min
WLP 320

• Lemondrop Wheat IPA
Same as above except I dry hopped with an additional 3oz lemon drop. Probably should have used 6oz.

• Blueberry Melomel-semidry. If you're a sweet tooth just added a teaspoon of sugar/Splenda to a glass.

@Dgallo offer

• NEIPA with Azacca & Mosaic

• Milkshake style sour with passion fruit and vanilla dryhopped with Galaxy

• possibly a hoppy red. That’s tentative thoughNEIPA with Azacca & Mosaic

@JCasey1992 offer

• Top Of The Order Porter W/ Hazelnut, Chocolate, and Vanilla [American Porter]
American Porter with chocolate flavoring, hazelnut flavoring, and pure vanilla extract added at packaging. This recipe was the first dark beer I’ve made that I actually enjoyed. I not only liked it though. I loved it! It was so good that when we lost the first one to the bottom of the keezer due to a leak, I had to brew it again. Since then, I try to keep it on tap at all times and it always goes fast!
ABV - 6.4%
IBU - 42
SRM - 28.5

• 5280 Stout W/ Coconut, Almond, and Chocolate [Milk Stout]
A solid milk stout. I added almond flavoring, chocolate flavoring, and a coconut/rum tincture at packaging. The coconut doesn’t show through like I’d like it but it’s still pretty tasty.
ABV - 5%
IBU - 36
SRM - 40

• Hopping Mad Pale Ale [American Pale Ale]
A hoppy Pale Ale with Cascade, Mosaic, and Citra hops. Nothing fancy here but still a great beer for a hot summer day.
ABV - 5.6%
IBU - 36
SRM - 6.1

• Peach Hat Trick Hefeweizen [German Weisbier]
My basic German hefeweizen recipe with peach flavor added. While I don’t know if it’s necessary, I performed an extensive step mash on this one with rests at 109, 122, 144, 153, and 168. The final product is an easy drinking weisbier with a nice refreshing peach flavor that isn’t overbearing. I intentionally underpitched the yeast to get the ester profile I wanted and this time I think I finally nailed it!
ABV - 5.1%
IBU - 11
SRM - 3

@jaymosbeershack offer

• Blackberry sour: 6.5%
My first sour. Wheat and 2row. Mixed fermentation with 001 and lactobacillus plantarum. Local blackberries.

• Infatuated Rye Pale: 5.2%
Pale ale, Munich, rye malt, flaked rye. All Cascade.

• Shack Amber: 5.4%
2 row, Munich, C20, C40, C60, C80. Magnum &Hallertau

• Breakfast stout: 9.2% brewed Nov 2018
2row, flaked oats, chocolate malt, C80, patent, victory, molasses, lactose, coffee. Magnum

@TwistedGray offer

A six pack of of hard ciders (all hovering around the 5-6% ABV range
• Rooibos tea (pour through small cocktail strainer and/or BIAB if you have one)
• Plantain tea (same as above - note: this is not the fruit but the plant)
• Spiced (cinnamon, cloves, ...)
• Lacto x2 (lactob. and lactose - low doses on both)
• Pomegranate
• Black Cherry

Non-ciders
• Pluot sour (This was made using the co-pitch method, lightly soured - very approachable. It will be bottled next week after being on the pluots for a month. It had an extremely low ABV, as in 1% or less. You wouldn't know it was "non-alcoholic" unless I told you though...mouthfeel is good as is the sour level for being that low ABV.)

• 1776 Ale (This pale ale was brewed on July 4th, and is only 3% ABV - very quenchable. All amarillo hops plus about 1.5lbs of frozen, picked-by-me apricots for about three weeks. May or may not include - some are a bit over carbonated due to fruit getting into the bottle. I'll see what I have...)

And here is the picking order - no beginners luck for @ehk089 and the host of this one gets hosed to...I call a redraw!
Random.jpg

Are you guys okay with a pick day change from Thursday (my bday) to Tuesday? The time will remain the same (6pm PST / 9pm EST) unless we need to adjust that to accommodate you East Coasters. Let me know if that works for everyone's schedules.

Oh...the offers...

@camonick offer

NOTE: Includes 2 12oz bottles of each

• Hell's Bells Munich Helles (Biermuncher's recipe)
Pilsner, Vienna, & Munich Malt
Tettnang hops
19.4 IBUs 4.0 SRM 5.0% ABV

• 100 Shilling (My version of Odell 90 Shilling)
2 row, Crystal 45, Munich, Carapils, Red Wheat malt & Chocolate Malt
Nugget & Perle hops
32.1 IBUs 14.7 SRM 5.4% ABV
Very close clone that is just a touch darker than the original. I served this keg at my brother's wedding reception and had very positive feedback.

The following are kegged and carbonating: (I will bottle when I'm satisfied with carbonation and clarity)

• Putt-Putt Pilsner
Pilsner, Crystal 10 & carapils
Saaz hops
21.9 IBUs 3.7 SRM 5.5% ABV
A favorite beer of mine that goes down too easy on a hot day

• Lacey's Red Irish Red Ale (2nd version)
2 row, Crystal 120, Caramunich I, Aromatic malt, Special B & black barley
Northern Brewer & Willamette hops
28 IBUs 19.6 SRM 5.1% ABV

• DUNK!!! Munich Dunkel (internet recipes researched and modified by me)
Munich malt, Pilsner malt, melanoiden, Carafa I
Tettnang hops
25.4 IBUs 15.5 SRM 5.2% ABV

@PianoMan offer

• Peanut Butter Milk Stout: 6.5% This one used Extract Peanut Butter for the 1st time. Easy PB for sure.

• Wood Roasted Coffee Milk Stout: 6.5%. Used a local wood roasting company, Summermoon, for their dark roasted coffee. Same base as the PB MS.

• Dubbel: 6.5%. Used to build yeast cake for 2 quads. My best dubbel yet.

• Journeyman Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout. About 11%. Ten Fidy inspired clone and aged in the whiskey barrel for about 1 week. Approx 3 months old.

• Pinthouse 16oz glass will be included

@aharri1 offer

• Czechoslovakian Black Pilsner abv 7%.
Recipe from E'Fleku brewery

• Halo Halo Milkshake IPA 8%
Filipino style dessert with jackfruit, mango, coconut, and sweet red beans

• Tentative Belgian Dubbel 7.5%

@ehk089 offer

• german Pilsner- 100% pils malt hopped w a mix of tettnag and sazz

• west coast grapefruit ipa...hopped primarily with chinook and cascade, pale malt with a dash of crystal, San Diego super yeast. Dry hopped with cascade and conditioned on ~1 lb per 5 gal of fresh ruby red grapefruit for a week.

• neipa - primarily Madrid otter grist, imperial yeast kveiking fermented at 90 for 3 days...15 min ctz charge, whirlpool citra, African queen and southern passion, dry hopped in keg southern passion and African queen

• Vienna lager- 100% Vienna grist, tettnang hops, imperial harvest

@fourfarthing offer

• Sophie Pale Ale

• Arthur Witte

• Stray Paddington Brett IPA

New!!!
• Paddington Brett Saison - Saison brewed with European hops and conditioned on Brett. Lightly dryhopped.

• Golden Perch Bier de Miel - Honey saison. Based on last years version, I would highly suggest cellaring for at least six months to find the ideal flavor. Will send 2. One for fresh one for aging.

• Ivy Bush Bitter - ESB. Brewing this weekend but last years was finally where I wanted it. Mainly EKG with some Fuggles.

@TBC offer

• Sangria Blush Wine-WineExpert Kit

• Lemon Skeeter Pee-recipe at skeeterpee.com

• Lime Skeeter Pee-same as above but substituted lime juice for lemon

• Belgian White Ale
5lbs Pilsner
2.5 flaked wheat
2.5 torrified wheat
2oz Celeia 60min
1oz coriander primary
1oz sweet orange peel primary
Danstar Munich Ale yeast

• Lemondrop Wheat-5.5%
5lb 6-row
6lb white wheat
1lb flaked wheat
1lb torrified wheat
14oz corn sugar to boost ABV
1oz Lemon drop 60min
1oz Lemon drop 30min
1oz Lemon drop 5min
WLP 320

• Lemondrop Wheat IPA
Same as above except I dry hopped with an additional 3oz lemon drop. Probably should have used 6oz.

• Blueberry Melomel-semidry. If you're a sweet tooth just added a teaspoon of sugar/Splenda to a glass.

@Dgallo offer

• NEIPA with Azacca & Mosaic

• Milkshake style sour with passion fruit and vanilla dryhopped with Galaxy

• possibly a hoppy red. That’s tentative thoughNEIPA with Azacca & Mosaic

@JCasey1992 offer

• Top Of The Order Porter W/ Hazelnut, Chocolate, and Vanilla [American Porter]
American Porter with chocolate flavoring, hazelnut flavoring, and pure vanilla extract added at packaging. This recipe was the first dark beer I’ve made that I actually enjoyed. I not only liked it though. I loved it! It was so good that when we lost the first one to the bottom of the keezer due to a leak, I had to brew it again. Since then, I try to keep it on tap at all times and it always goes fast!
ABV - 6.4%
IBU - 42
SRM - 28.5

• 5280 Stout W/ Coconut, Almond, and Chocolate [Milk Stout]
A solid milk stout. I added almond flavoring, chocolate flavoring, and a coconut/rum tincture at packaging. The coconut doesn’t show through like I’d like it but it’s still pretty tasty.
ABV - 5%
IBU - 36
SRM - 40

• Hopping Mad Pale Ale [American Pale Ale]
A hoppy Pale Ale with Cascade, Mosaic, and Citra hops. Nothing fancy here but still a great beer for a hot summer day.
ABV - 5.6%
IBU - 36
SRM - 6.1

• Peach Hat Trick Hefeweizen [German Weisbier]
My basic German hefeweizen recipe with peach flavor added. While I don’t know if it’s necessary, I performed an extensive step mash on this one with rests at 109, 122, 144, 153, and 168. The final product is an easy drinking weisbier with a nice refreshing peach flavor that isn’t overbearing. I intentionally underpitched the yeast to get the ester profile I wanted and this time I think I finally nailed it!
ABV - 5.1%
IBU - 11
SRM - 3

@jaymosbeershack offer

• Blackberry sour: 6.5%
My first sour. Wheat and 2row. Mixed fermentation with 001 and lactobacillus plantarum. Local blackberries.

• Infatuated Rye Pale: 5.2%
Pale ale, Munich, rye malt, flaked rye. All Cascade.

• Shack Amber: 5.4%
2 row, Munich, C20, C40, C60, C80. Magnum &Hallertau

• Breakfast stout: 9.2% brewed Nov 2018
2row, flaked oats, chocolate malt, C80, patent, victory, molasses, lactose, coffee. Magnum

@TwistedGray offer

A six pack of of hard ciders (all hovering around the 5-6% ABV range
• Rooibos tea (pour through small cocktail strainer and/or BIAB if you have one)
• Plantain tea (same as above - note: this is not the fruit but the plant)
• Spiced (cinnamon, cloves, ...)
• Lacto x2 (lactob. and lactose - low doses on both)
• Pomegranate
• Black Cherry

Non-ciders
• Pluot sour (This was made using the co-pitch method, lightly soured - very approachable. It will be bottled next week after being on the pluots for a month. It had an extremely low ABV, as in 1% or less. You wouldn't know it was "non-alcoholic" unless I told you though...mouthfeel is good as is the sour level for being that low ABV.)

• 1776 Ale (This pale ale was brewed on July 4th, and is only 3% ABV - very quenchable. All amarillo hops plus about 1.5lbs of frozen, picked-by-me apricots for about three weeks. May or may not include - some are a bit over carbonated due to fruit getting into the bottle. I'll see what I have...)

And here is the picking order - no beginners luck for @ehk089 and the host of this one gets hosed to...I call a redraw!
View attachment 642122
Nice looking offers!

Tuesday works fine for me. Whatever makes it easier for you is great!

Can't wait till pick day!

Cheers!

Back