Fellowship of the Drink XII: The Bad News Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@pshankstar should be getting a package today! unless UPS' version of Doug is lurking.

IMG_1768.jpg

SCOOOOOORRRRE!!! Thanks @LoneTreeFarms!! Looks like everything made it intact. I just placed them in the fridge and will crack one open tomorrow. Tonight I have our Homebrew club meeting, so they will wait till tomorrow.

Where should I start? That’s the hard part now.

EDIT - Feedback just left for you too! Woohoo!

Last edited:
View attachment 576055

SCOOOOOORRRRE!!! Thanks @LoneTreeFarms!! Looks like everything made it intact. I just placed them in the fridge and will crack one open tomorrow. Tonight I have our Homebrew club meeting, so they will wait till tomorrow.

Where should I start? That’s the hard part now.

EDIT - Feedback just left for you too! Woohoo!

anywhere!

The Dirties beer selection must be better than Algona's. Haven't seen first ave or heat slayer yet. Or bombers of naughty 90

Naughty 90 came from Ames. First ave in my opinion was a little underwhelming but heat slayer was solid! Was looking at going to algona tomorrow. You saying I'd be better off heading to Ames?

Twas my Anniversary, I thought with satisfaction,
I was buried in work and needing a distraction.

When out in the driveway came a loud roar,
I sprang from my desk to the front porch door.

When what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a FedEx driver, and in his arms a box of cheer.

IMG_20180622_120220.jpg

I spoke not a word, but ran quickly inside,
Opened it up, and so happy nearly cried.

A box full of beer with a glass and a koozie,
I though to myself wow, what a doozy.

IMG_20180622_120339.jpg

There were Pales and Browns and Reds intertwined,
And an Oatmeal Coffee Stout to which my wife said "That's mine."

There was Rye Wheat, a Brown and even a gose,
A killer selection that @jekeane had chose-a.

IMG_20180622_122033.jpg

Though one poor Grand Cru made a great sacrifice,
So the rest of the package would be sure to entice.

I exclaimed very loud (right in my wife's ear),
Tonight we will celebrate with great Florida beer.

Figured this was a good enough place to post this. I’m looking for a small side trade for either zombie dust or Pliny the elder (or both).

Got a family member having a birthday in late July and would like to try one or both of them. I’m thinking a 4 or six pack if possible.

I can send nebco, sip o sunshine, bad sins, two roads, or something like that. Let me know if anyone can help hook me up.

Figured this was a good enough place to post this. I’m looking for a small side trade for either zombie dust or Pliny the elder (or both).

Got a family member having a birthday in late July and would like to try one or both of them. I’m thinking a 4 or six pack if possible.

I can send nebco, sip o sunshine, bad sins, two roads, or something like that. Let me know if anyone can help hook me up.

Isn’t everyone looking for Pliny? If that’s a possibility I want in on it too!

Lucky for you @wstbrewing we have an awesome person who is close to RR :) @afro_lou

PM me bros!!! RR is 20 minutes from my front door. Happy to hook it up! @Boomer I think i was gonna get you some too, yeah?

Just so everyone knows, Pliny/Blind Pig are $5.50/ea to me, with a 12/6 bottle limit daily, respectively. If you check out the website, they should have an up-to-date listing of what bottles are available.

Just so everyone knows, Pliny/Blind Pig are $5.50/ea to me, with a 12/6 bottle limit daily, respectively. If you check out the website, they should have an up-to-date listing of what bottles are available.
Shoot $5.50 in California is like $1.25 in Austin. Looks like an Andrew Jackson should get me an 18pk! [emoji16]

I think I know the card you mean. I think I stopped using it as much as a result :no:
When one is past 2/3rds of their life, "Ah Fuque It let's do it" gets said a lot!
I hear Atrial is releasing soon. I’d take out a loan for some of that!
You had it? As a non-JK fan, have to admit pretty damn good/well done. Unfortunately, I charge $40/hour for standing in line! [emoji39]

I wait till Sunday after work and do an 8oz-er.

When one is past 2/3rds of their life, "Ah Fuque It let's do it" gets said a lot!You had it? As a non-JK fan, have to admit pretty damn good/well done. Unfortunately, I charge $40/hour for standing in line! [emoji39]

I wait till Sunday after work and do an 8oz-er.

They have JKing at the specialty bottle shop here ($18-19 each, not too bad?)

Yeah fruit sours prices are out of control. Goal is to mimic some this summer. Will be starting with Berliner Wiess fruit styles. Got to get past this home improvement work and brew pub build.

Yeah fruit sours prices are out of control. Goal is to mimic some this summer. Will be starting with Berliner Wiess fruit styles. Got tp get past this home improvement work and brew pub build.

The training wheels thread is a great start. Reminds me I need to brew the next one before my DME goes bad.

RevKev delivered a porch bomb today. I don’t even know where to start.

Still deciding which ones to chill and which ones to cellar.

[emoji482]

Thank you Kev!View attachment 576420
Drink the Nimble, ASAP. The Impending Descent, in my experience, is good either fresh , or cellared. It's rich, and a meal in a bottle. You shouldn't regret it, either way. It's fantastic. But not a summr beer. At least hold onto it until the leaves fall.

Drink the Nimble, ASAP. The Impending Descent, in my experience, is good either fresh , or cellared. It's rich, and a meal in a bottle. You shouldn't regret it, either way. It's fantastic. But not a summr beer. At least hold onto it until the leaves fall.

I've got the one you sent me cellared from the last fotd! I'll remember this for the fall. Or at least I'll try to remember.

Back