Fellowship of the Drink XII: The Bad News Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up in MA and moved up to NH after college for a bit. MA is backwards in theor liquor laws. One of the best feelings you ever get when you first move to NH is on a Sunday afternoon shopping for something to throw on the bbq. Then you think "hey I'm low on beer I'll pick up some in the same store" MA has changed the laws on sales on Sunday and non liquor stores but for some reason in NH you still cant sell beer in the same store as hard liquor. There are literally liqour stores. No beer. There's even liquor stores at rest areas off the highway. So when you go in there you're getting hard stuff.

Don't know how many times I've pulled off of a traffic jam to get some Macallen to put on the passengers seat.
The first time I went to Missouri I was shocked when I saw an end cap at Walmart stacked full of vodka. They need it though, Missouri sucks. I call it misery. Sorry to any Missourians LOL.

It's a good day to be @jimyson ! Brown has delivered. Hopefully intact.

I’m a little nervous about this one.

[emoji51]

IMG_1529445802.004019.jpg

Flocc. If I can score another one of those, you'll get it.

I'll be honest, I'll a little sad that I gave away a four pack of Nimble. It's so freaking good, and sold out so quickly. Still waiting for Troeg's to make that a year round offering.

Flocc. If I can score another one of those, you'll get it.

I'll be honest, I'll a little sad that I gave away a four pack of Nimble. It's so freaking good, and sold out so quickly. Still waiting for Troeg's to make that a year round offering.

I think I got some from you last year too and it was great.

Acting like you aren’t sitting at home waiting for my package to arrive. Pfffft.

I wish I was, I would’ve got to this beauty much sooner! But boy oh boy was it worth the wait!
IMG_2270.jpg

Splendidly stupendous side trades, Batman! @jimyson definitely got the short side of this trade! I feel bad about my measly box, now! I think I saw the “key” for the little bottles, but I’ve got to go back and find it. Can’t wait to get to sippin!

I was secretly hoping that there might be a bag of coffee too [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] Yirgacheffe is one of our favorites! I haven’t opened the bag, but what level of roast are these? We do cold brew every day, but we might save this for a pour-over kind of afternoon. [emoji16]

Also, the wife loves the shirt!
IMG_2264.jpg

You rule, @jimyson!

I wish I was, I would’ve got to this beauty much sooner! But boy oh boy was it worth the wait!
View attachment 575891

Splendidly stupendous side trades, Batman! @jimyson definitely got the short side of this trade! I feel bad about my measly box, now! I think I saw the “key” for the little bottles, but I’ve got to go back and find it. Can’t wait to get to sippin!

I was secretly hoping that there might be a bag of coffee too [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] Yirgacheffe is one of our favorites! I haven’t opened the bag, but what level of roast are these? We do cold brew every day, but we might save this for a pour-over kind of afternoon. [emoji16]

View attachment 575892

You rule, @jimyson!

Yes, the key is out there. Or you could just sip and guess first. I should have held off until you and @fourfarthing had them.

Glad everything made it ok!

The Yirgacheffe should be around a city to city+. I try and stop just after first crack finishes with a little development time added. I think you should try it both ways. Best when enjoyed freshly ground with beans that are younger than a month. Get sippin.

Enjoy and let me know what you think of everything!!

View attachment 575827

Side trade from @orionol73 arrived today. It’s a beautiful thing!

Dig in and enjoy! I’m a bit bummed cuz the Boss Tweed was everywhere so I didn’t grab it immediately and then I had to leave town for a funeral and it sold out! From cases in every location on Thursday to gone on Monday... ugh!

Anyone want to trade for some Alvarado IPAs? I can easily whip together a box to trade for some sours. Oh, I could pitch in some ticking time bombs, too. Either way, I have so many IPAs that I won't get around to cleaning out the ASBs in any due time, so wanting to pawn them off on someone else.

View attachment 575891

View attachment 575892

You rule, @jimyson!

Dude! That coffee is delicious every way! Overall I think versions that see some heat on the process are best. Like to do a pour over (strong) in quantity and drink a cup hot and then chill the rest and pour over ice.

Anyone want to trade for some Alvarado IPAs? I can easily whip together a box to trade for some sours. Oh, I could pitch in some ticking time bombs, too. Either way, I have so many IPAs that I won't get around to cleaning out the ASBs in any due time, so wanting to pawn them off on someone else.
I drank the Tayberry tonight and that thing was fantastic. Highly recommended for anyone out there who loves sours.

Dude! That coffee is delicious every way! Overall I think versions that see some heat on the process are best. Like to do a pour over (strong) in quantity and drink a cup hot and then chill the rest and pour over ice.

Thanks!!

Once I get my grinder rebuilt, I’ll be testing the bean with espresso on the La Pavoni.

Why must you ask this question right before my California escapades?!
Literally any other time I would’ve done that shizzz

Yes, the key is out there. Or you could just sip and guess first. I should have held off until you and @fourfarthing had them.

Glad everything made it ok!

The Yirgacheffe should be around a city to city+. I try and stop just after first crack finishes with a little development time added. I think you should try it both ways. Best when enjoyed freshly ground with beans that are younger than a month. Get sippin.

Enjoy and let me know what you think of everything!!

The key is in the what showed ip for you in the mail thread I believe.

Dig in and enjoy! I’m a bit bummed cuz the Boss Tweed was everywhere so I didn’t grab it immediately and then I had to leave town for a funeral and it sold out! From cases in every location on Thursday to gone on Monday... ugh!

No worries. I’m sure I’ll get to try Boss Tweed at some point. Seems like it’s one of their regulars & will be back.

Looking forward to trying these this weekend. Trying to take the week off, since there will be non-stop drinking in Portland next week. Need to take a little break before the liver olympics start.

Thanks again!

Arrived yesterday evening! Thanks a ton for the extras! Watching the tracking number it seemed to disappear for a couple days in Georgia.

Excellent! I was a little nervous about the Georgia detour. Hope you enjoy the goodies.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back