Fellowship of the Drink XI: Lunar Landings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha. We have enough rules in our lives for me to give a **** about this. You had until tip off to make your changes. Just don’t blame me if your number is screwed up. [emoji23]

Name Number
Br3w4u 112
TwistedGray 115
Imasickboy 120
Afro_lou 125
Jschm19 133
Fourfarthing 134
CTownBrewer 136
TBC 137
Orionol73 141
EcuPirate07 145
Calaeb 146
Jerbrew 149
Boomer 152
RevKev 153
wstbrewing 154
LoneTreeFarms 157
Pshankstar 160
Pianoman 162
Redtab78 169
Thorrak 174

Last edited:
Status update for you all. If you send anything through today I will probably respond but headed to NYC (weather permitting) :ban: in the morning so I may not respond quickly until Monday
Fellowship of the Drink - Fellowship of the Drink XI: Lunar Landings:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Participation & Offer Status

Active Participants with Offers:
orionol73
TwistedGray
pshankstar
TBC
phofmann
afro_lou
br3w4u
bferullo
RevKev
LoneTreeFarms
Redtab78

Active Participants without Offers:
imasickboy
JamesonFan
fourfarthing
CTownBrewer
calaeb
jschm19
wstbrewing
cegan09
Thorrak
gromitdj
jimmyson
jerbrew
Boomer
EcuPirate07

I should have mine in by Friday. One last trip tomorrow and hoping a buddy can bring me back a few goodies from LA this week.

So how exactly does local only trade work? (Not that I need more beer at this point...)

You offer to grant someone some local beer. The idea is that there is no list of beers they're asking for. Of course, they can tell you "I hate this or that" or "gimme all of these you can find". Once you grant beer to someone, you are up next and someone will do the same for you. People try and diversify as in, not granting beers someone has access too. Pretty nice way to get a few unexpected goodies. My first trade on here was a LOT grant to TBC. Been thinking about jumping back in soon.

Grabbed the rest of my offer yesterday. Gonna check one more place this afternoon for one more beer and then submit.

May get some new stuff this weekend? Can we change our offering if needed or does that make things too much of a PITA?

I wish there was a separate rating for people’s “surprise rating” so if you’re on the fence about someone’s offer but you know they’re big time with surprises, you roll the dice.

I wish there was a separate rating for people’s “surprise rating” so if you’re on the fence about someone’s offer but you know they’re big time with surprises, you roll the dice.

I walked away with a 2015 bcbs rare with matching glass because I rolled the dice a few rounds ago.

The dice roll is really just having a complete stranger pick out beers that they think are good. I guess you just have to be ok with getting some stuff that you might not care for but someone else thinks is gold. I like the mystery. Life is like a box of craft beer, you never know what you will get.

Back