Favorite Brewing Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old blues music. Tommy Johnson, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Charlie Patton, Robert Johnson. Sometimes newer stuff too. It reminds of me of grandpa homebrewing and the prohibition era.

If I'm brewing really early in the morning, I absolutely love listening to Pink Floyd's Division Bell.

Regularly, though, I've got a few playlists specifically for brewing. I've got a Beatles one that's timed out to around 5 hours in length that I really like.

Every now and then I get a hankering for something random and will put on Dixieland or Bluegrass.

Lots of Chevelle (Face to the Floor), Hard Rock, and Dubstep. Keeps me motivated and drunk on music.

Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Robert Earl Keen, North Mississippi All-Stars and Old Crow Medicine Show.........Usually a mix of these with some old standard Blues :)

I like to listen to classical music while creating artwork, be it brewing or photography. I especially enjoy works by Czech composer Antonín Dvořák. ;) It's in my blood.

Vital Remains. Cephalic Carnage. Down. Fear Factory. Trampled by Turtles. Veil of Maya. Alestorm. Necrophagia. Old Crow Medicine Show. Dying Fetus. Waking the Cadaver. Earl Scruggs and Lester Flatt. Morbid Angel.

I've been listening to some current country while brewing.

Here's a fun one I like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Robert Earl Keen, North Mississippi All-Stars and Old Crow Medicine Show.........Usually a mix of these with some old standard Blues :)

Hell yes, blugrass, blues and brewin'. OCMS, Splitlip Rayfield, and Kris Lager Band

I'm cooking up an APA and have the iPod on shuffle. It's been a very nice eclectic and tastey mix so far - But it just played the Black Crowes "let me share the ride" from their Freak n' Roll live album. Marc Ford, Eddie Harcsh and that Horn Section freaking Rock! So do the other guys but there was something magical to that line up. Switching to Freak n Roll immediately!

What do you folks like to listen to?

shutupjojo said:
I'm boring. Don't like to have music playing while I brew. I like the sound of the pumps and elements firing .

It's hard to make out on my phone but it looks like your avatar is Iron Maiden's "The Trooper"? If that's the case your avatar suggests you are not boring!

It's funny, but I recently started listening to channels 38 and 39 on Sirius, which is their classic hard rock and 80s hair band stations. In listening to some of the music I loved when I was in my late teens and early twenties, I'm surprised by which ones I still like, and which ones I don't. I've rekindled a love for Maiden and Tesla, but can't stand Queensryche anymore.

Anyway, I rarely listen to music while brewing, only because I don't want to miss a temp or timer alarm.

I have my ipod on shuffle, but my next batch will have a Dead theme. Beer and the dead just go together well for me. (music and beer goes together well in general)

Agreed....I always seem to gravitate towards Jerry and the boys whenever I brew.

Rock! Alternate rock mostly.

Also at the brewery we have a lot of rock, some hip hop and other stuff... and I don't know who's iPod it is, but we seem to get a lot of Elvis lol

Usually I have a football game on in the other room (Cornhuskers or Seahawks, depending on the day)
bye weeks and weekday brews, P.O.S. and Atmosphere have been my recent go-tos, but I'm all over the board for music, rock, hiphop, folk, metal, whatever.

Flogging Molly
Dawes
Dropkick Murphys
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
Drive by Truckers
BB King
Rory Gallagher
SRV

Dropkick Murphy's Five finger death punch. Bullet for my valentine. As I lay dying. August burns red. Demon hunter

Typically a Drum n Bass Arena podcast, a new dubstep mix, a Slackers record, or a new dnb/dubstep album that came out recently I never found the time to listen to

Cake, Old Crow Medicine Show or podcasts: the Survival Podcast or Basic Brewing

Back