Favorite Brewing Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually put on some Charlie Mingus, Louie Armstrong, Dukes of Dixieland or Charlie Parker...of course the wort always boils over when I change records.

I also Pandora while brewing. I think it's cool to see so many others doing the same. As far as what I listen to...I have a few channels. Brewing tends to be more upbeat dance music but when the wife isn't in the room I also listen to metal. I think it would be cool to do a mead with Amon Amarth but I'm not a huge fan of mead :p

Shuffle mode on the iPod of Doom.
If that doesn't satisfy, then it's Pandora on the 'Fates Warning' Channel.

Never fails to find some Prog Metal that I've never heard before.

I like to listen to pandora. For my brewing station i put in Flogging Molly. I get a great mix of Irish folk music and stuff that can only be described as Irish Punk. It really gets ya in the mood to make some beer and drink it :)

If I'm brewing by myself it's Bach. If I'm brewing with someone else, I'm nice and put something else on.

I throw my music library on random. I get a nice mix of music that way from Metal to Country (the real stuff like Johnny Cash, not this Toby Kieth or Pop Country crap) to Celtic Worship. It's nice seeing as my music library currently takes up 238.8 GB of space.

Laisse le bon temps rouler

ill eat my fill of jambalaya and crawfish etoufe
ill drink the mississippi dry, laisse le bon temps rouler

texasSpartan has nailed it though, red dirt is 95% of what i listen to these days, brewing, sleeping, working or #&*$ing. thats good tunesl.

otherwise its pandora, most of which is red dirt, classic rock, old CW or just good old rock

I'm all over the place. Last time I brewed I listened to Les Claypool, Coheed and Cambria, Blood Simple, and Dethklok. Variety, in music as in beer, is the spice of life!

Aneurysm, you an I need to brew some beer together. Throw in some Mastodon and a touch of Lamb of God, and you have my brew day line-up.

Some good ideas here on the Floyd, Rush, Bach, and modern country, i'm lookin foward to a brew session now. :mug: last good listen I had was Smile empty Soul-Conciousness.

I wonder what Zydeco sounds like now....

The Go Go's, Spice Girls, Culture Club, Madonna, or anything from Debbie Gibson...

...holy crap I could barely type this without getting nauseous.

I actually listen to a little of everything thats on my iPod (old Guns N Roses, Collective Soul, 3EB, Beastie Boys, 80's Rock, Zydeco, R&B, etc.)

I mix up Drive By Truckers, Two Cow Garage, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Willie Nelson, and a bit of Waylon Jennings.

started up a batch of American Brown Ale tonight

threw on some Talking Heads (Remain in Light) and Crosseyed and Painless came on and thought it was a perfect song for what we do, esp while waiting for my water to boil on my weak stove top

...still waiting...

what do you enjoy listening to while you brew?

Yoko Ono.. dead rat song...
Macarena
Kung Fu fighting
Chicken Dance
Can't touch this...
Take me out to the ball game...
North Korean National Anthem
Jonathan Livingston Seagull
Bee Gees.. Saturday Night Fever...
I'm too sexy...
:rockin:

Back