Fantasy Football 2014 #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finsfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This year will be a little different set up. Only 16 teams will be allowed, which should give each team a better opportunity to have depth, while still keeping the league competitive.

www.homebrewtalkers.league.fantasy.nfl.com

This is only open to HBT members in the Contiguous United States.

By signing up for this league, you agree to be active for the entire season. If something does come up, please let me know and we can get another member to take over you team.

You are also agreeing to send the winner of this league beer. We will keep this the same as last year and only require to send a bomber (or 22oz) of quality commercial craft beer. Of course, extras and home brews are always welcome. The winner of the league will be responsible for getting their shipping information out to the other 15 of us.

A new rule for this year, you must send beer to the winner to be able to join in next year. Last year the winner said he did not care if everyone sent him something, which is perfectly fine, but this year it will be different. If you do fail to send a small congratulatory box of beer to the winner, you will not be able to participate in this league in 2015.

The current draft date is set for August 17, at 2:00 EASTERN. It is a live draft, and participation is recommended but not required. If you cannot make it, your team will still be drafted automatically.

If there is anything you have questions on or concerns about, please dont hesitate to PM me.

Fantasy Football names and HBT names:

cornelius kings ------- fermentnething
kansas cultures ------ finsfan-----------------Beer sent and received
hopcones ------------ mcbaumannerb--------Beer sent and received
montucky ------------ LoloMT7----------------Beer sent and received.
marshmallow blues ---- marshmellowblue
sacks of life ---------- Hello------------------Beer Sent and received
Blitzkrieg ------------ dobe12
beer city lions ------- sternamagraph------- Beer sent and received
cliff's mongoloids ---- cliffmongoloid--------Beer sent and received
SmartyPints --------- No_Party
Heckabrood --------- heckabrew
drunk monkeys ------ baseballsmitty--------WINNER!
Big Green Machine --- BGBC-------------------Beer sent and received
Bog Water Bruizers -- Punity
whirlfloc yourself ---- fuzzymittenbrewing
Phillip Rivers --------- sandstonecitybrewing----- Beer sent and Received

It seems weird that the real draft is so late ...

You are talking about the NFL draft, right? If so, I agree. Im used to it being in April.

Edit: if you are talking about our draft, I thought that would give us close to 2 weeks before the first NFL game to figure out who is hurt and who is going to start. I can always change that if enough people request it though.

And I predict that Browns will trade away a lot to get some stiff/convict/dud/loser. At least the suspense will be over by October for me :drunk:

I thought I had it bad as a Dolphins fan. :cross: The Browns showed a lot of promise at the beginning of last season and have some great talent, just failed to go anywhere with it.

Im assuming you are Dan?

Yes sir. All signed up and looking forward to it! I'm the commish of a 12 team, auction draft, non-ppr that's heading into our 14th season and also in 2 other leagues for the past few years. One of which I'm leaving due to some BS that has gone on. I wanted to get into something like this, thanks!

Yes sir. All signed up and looking forward to it! I'm the commish of a 12 team, auction draft, non-ppr that's heading into our 14th season and also in 2 other leagues for the past few years. One of which I'm leaving due to some BS that has gone on. I wanted to get into something like this, thanks!

Well im glad you could join in! I have changed a few of the default rules and scoring, but nothing too drastic. Should be a good season.

I have changed a few of the default rules and scoring, but nothing too drastic.

So just to make sure i know ahead of time this year.. Say my WR is also a returner and takes it back 99 yard for a TD do i get any points or just get the shaft like last year ? :D

So just to make sure i know ahead of time this year.. Say my WR is also a returner and takes it back 99 yard for a TD do i get any points or just get the shaft like last year ? :D

I did change that this year, he will get the points for a touchdown, but if he goes 99 yards and he is tackling on the 1 yard line, you get shafted :D

that is always been turned on for this year ;)

lemme see if I understand this ...

no shaft.jpg

Are you leaving a space for the MIA TN Gabe and others who played last season?

I am holding one spot right now for BGBC and I can hold the other for fuzzy since he said he is in, but cant hold others for people who arent around right now. If need be, I can always start up a second league as well.

Back