Fantasy Baseball 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're looking for another team. I'm in. All my other fantasy teams have some pretty whack rules so I'm looking for a more normal one. Let me know.

To anyone that was on the waitlist to get a team, or in the on-deck circle so to speak, sorry but the league is full.

To all in the league, please remember that our LIVE draft will take place this coming Sunday at 7pm.

Does it make any sense to designate a meeting place like HBT chat or a conference call line for the draft? If anyone's interested, I can set up a dial-in conference line. Gauging interest only at this point.

Tomorrow night's the Draft!! Sunday at 7pm! Be there! (or the computer will pick for you. You don't trust computers, do you??)

For anyone that has never participated in a Live Draft (or fantasy baseball for that matter), I recommend that you go to our league's homepage on ESPN. Up top there should be some link about a 'Mock Draft' or 'Mock Draft Lobby'. If you go to that link, you can enter yourself into a Live Mock Draft with other users to see how the ESPN live draft is set up. I did this last night, and it was really helpful. You can go in, participate in as much or as little of the draft as you want, and sign off. It's a pretty cool set up. There is a chatbox in the page, a draft summary, you have your blank rostercard, so you can see who you've signed and what positions you still have open. It also has a timeclock.

Another great option is the 'Auto-Pick'. If you can only stay for, say, the first five rounds, but need to leave to go transfer your IPA to secondary, you can click on the AutoPick button, and the system knows you're not there, and will choose a player for you. This is very nice to the other people who won't have to wait the 90 seconds for your draft slot to countdown. The Autopick happens immediately as your turn comes up. So, please click that box if you have to leave.

Best of luck everyone. If anyone has questions, feel free to post them up here or shoot me a PM.

Well, my stats are close at hand, my browser's ready to rock, and all I need to do is hit the basement for a beer. It's draft day! See y'all in the draft app.

Using two computers, IE and Firefox on 1 and IE on the other I finally connected 1 pick before I was up! Whew!
I thought the draft went well.

Definitely agreed! Had a great time with the draft tonight. I'm pretty stoked about baseball starting up. I'm actually pretty happy with how my team turned out. Although, I missed out on a few choices within 1-2 picks (Wieters/Strasburg), all-in-all I thought it went well.

For those of you who weren't able to participate in the live draft, sorry you missed out.

If anyone has any problems with the league, or if any issues come up during the season. I hope that we can handle things diplomatically either through this thread or through the league page.

If anyone has ideas on doing some type of prize for the end of the year to help keep people interested, why don't we start throwing some out.

I like how my brew buddy Carson got something like 15 of the first pics in each of the 23 rounds....some guys have all the luck!

Definitely agreed! Had a great time with the draft tonight. I'm pretty stoked about baseball starting up. I'm actually pretty happy with how my team turned out. Although, I missed out on a few choices within 1-2 picks (Wieters/Strasburg), all-in-all I thought it went well.

Wieters and Strasburg went in the first few rounds? Really?

No. Strasburg went in the 24th, just 2-3 picks before I was going to snag him. Wieters didn't go until somewhere in the mid-late teens. Same story though. A few picks before I was about to snag him.

I am hoping Soto picks it up this year.

Being a complete noob at FB, I put some players on waivers already thinking I could replace them. I can, but it's not instantaneous. When will the free agents be available?

Typically players stay on the waiver wire for 2 days (48 hours). The first few days after the draft all players are on the waiver wire. After that initial period all un-drafted players will become free agents and will be available immediately. Any player dropped after that will be on the waiver wire for 48 hours.

my draft was awful...Brian Roberts in the fourth round WTF? Nice auto-draft ESPN!

Roberts in the fourth round isn't that bad. Injured Roberts isn't good, but Roberts healthy is easily a top 4-6 2b player.

yeah....can you tell its been like 3 years since I've played? I wouldn't know **** if it hit me in the face.

Well, it is supposed to be a keeper league. But in order for that to happen we really need consistent team management.

Consistency is the key. It can be very easy for someone to lose interest if they're 0-4 after the first month with 2-3 key players on the DL. I was hoping we could come up with some form of prize for the winners of the year where everyone contributed to either the gift of homebrew from members or monetary toward a giftcard to a place like Brewmaster's Warehouse.

I was hoping we could come up with some form of prize for the winners of the year where everyone contributed to either the gift of homebrew from members or monetary toward a giftcard to a place like Brewmaster's Warehouse.

I second this.....because of course I am going to dominate this league.

No. Strasburg went in the 24th, just 2-3 picks before I was going to snag him. Wieters didn't go until somewhere in the mid-late teens. Same story though. A few picks before I was about to snag him.

I am hoping Soto picks it up this year.

That was me who snagged Wieters out from under you. He's a quality catcher, and there isn't a lot of depth in that position in all of baseball. Assuming we're going to have a keeper league, there's a lot of upside to owning Wieters.

C and SS seemed to me to be two of the positions worth filling either very early (as in my first round pick was Hanley Ramirez), or fairly late (Ianetta in the late rounds), assuming you can pick up a comer from free agency early in the season.

Anyhow, I'm sure looking forward to it.

Opening day is finally here! I know the Yankees and Red Sox played a great game last night, but I view today as the "real deal".
Made some moves last night to strengthen my team! Picked up some good arms to strengthen my rotation....got 4 starters on the mound today....Go Dodgers!

Ahhh.. The joys of fantasy baseball, like wondering why in hell I started Washington's Adam Dunn (-1 for today) over the Cubs' Marlon Byrd, who's got 12 points against Atlanta by the 3rd inning, thanks to a first-inning three-run homer.

Good thing it's my bye week.

YES!!! Baseball is back!!

Has anyone made any trades yet?

I traded Votto for Josh Hamilton. I think Hambone is set for another MVP type season.

Also, I feel really bad about this, but someone straight up released Pablo Sandoval and I picked him up off waivers. Someone made a bad, bad mistake.

I traded Votto for Josh Hamilton. I think Hambone is set for another MVP type season.

Also, I feel really bad about this, but someone straight up released Pablo Sandoval and I picked him up off waivers. Someone made a bad, bad mistake.

I saw that too!! I put in a claim, but I guess you were above me in the order.

Um, that was me:eek:. I realized what I did a little too late. Hey, what can I say, I'm new at this. Plus it's a long season....

Thanks again for giving me Joey Votto...He's netted me 14 points opening day:rockin:

Back