Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wildwest450 said:
How they recover? It's only 6 games in for crying out loud, everyone gets blown out in the regular season more than once. They recover by winning the Central, then going out in the second round.

_

Out in the second round?! Come on man we are due for a Wings and Pens final. Those are fun. One more time before that match up becomes impossible due to realignment.

How they recover? It's only 6 games in for crying out loud, everyone gets blown out in the regular season more than once. They recover by winning the Central, then going out in the second round.
Well, yeah, not in the "season record" sense of recover, but in the "how's our team morale after a severe beating by the Caps (and Mike Babcock afterwards)" kind of recover...

Tiber_Brew said:
Well, yeah, not in the "season record" sense of recover, but in the "how's our team morale after a severe beating by the Caps (and Mike Babcock afterwards)" kind of recover...

It's a veteran team. Hard for me to believe they even think about next game.

Did anyone else laugh when they heard Pronger almost got his eye tore out. I did. That just proves what a dick he really is, cause i'm a nice guy. Wear a visor you dildo.

_

Saw this picture today and had a good laugh.

clashofthetitans_large.jpg

wildwest450 said:
Did anyone else laugh when they heard Pronger almost got his eye tore out. I did. That just proves what a dick he really is, cause i'm a nice guy. Wear a visor you dildo.

_

That's awesome. Be a ****** when someone almost lost vision in an eye. You probably cheered when Ian Laperriere took a puck off the face twice two years ago.

You probably cheered when someone threw a banana at Wayne Simmonds during a preseason shootout.

Did you cheer when Dan Wheldon was killed in the Indy race at Las Vegas?

Did you call Clint Malarchuk or Richard Zednik a dildo for not wearing a throat/neck protector?

Serious injury and racism are awesome and should be applauded, right?

I hope your comment was a bad attempt at a joke/sarcasm.

Pronger's injury is a product of karma coming for payback for all the injuries he has caused over his career. I like how all the philly fans are butt hurt over it. All I have to say is quit being a babies cuz your flyers lost their star defensemen and wipe your tears. It's funny when the bullies get a taste of their own medicine.

DangerRoss said:
Pronger's injury is a product of karma coming for payback for all the injuries he has caused over his career. I like how all the philly fans are butt hurt over it. All I have to say is quit being a babies cuz your flyers lost their star defensemen and wipe your tears. It's funny when the bullies get a taste of their own medicine.

There's a difference between a run of the mill injury and a life-changing, permanent one. Pronger's been with Philly fora few seasons. Who has he hurt while with the Flyers?

It was Hatcher who made Crosby spit teeth and broke Roenick's jaw during a preseason game.

Big players hurt people from time to time. You all, like everyone else, like to b*tch about the Flyers, even if the player has a reputation prior to joining the team. I don't hear any complaints about Chara crushing people.

And taste of his own medicine? It's not like the injury happened on a hit or fight, it was a play that happens every game.

It's idiotic to cheer and be happy someone got seriously hurt.

wildwest450 said:

_

Wouldn't be so sure the wings take central this year.

jtkratzer said:
There's a difference between a run of the mill injury and a life-changing, permanent one. Pronger's been with Philly fora few seasons. Who has he hurt while with the Flyers?

It was Hatcher who made Crosby spit teeth and broke Roenick's jaw during a preseason game.

Big players hurt people from time to time. You all, like everyone else, like to b*tch about the Flyers, even if the player has a reputation prior to joining the team. I don't hear any complaints about Chara crushing people.

And taste of his own medicine? It's not like the injury happened on a hit or fight, it was a play that happens every game.

It's idiotic to cheer and be happy someone got seriously hurt.

Just a tad bit sensitive I see. You probably shouldn't be reading a trash talk thread. I wouldn't want you to start crying. Actually that would be funny.

Yup.

_

Hey Detroiters, why is Conklin playing so much? Is Howard hurt? Man he stinks.

_

Howard has time off to be with his wife and new baby.

I'm not being a fan of Conklin right now either, but he did have a shutout in his first game. He better settle down, or he might be taking a vacation to beautiful Grand Rapids.

Defense has not been responsible getting the puck out of the Detroit end either. They used to be so good at it.

I was a huge fan of Conks when he was in Pittsburgh. The backup is the most popular guy in town. Until he starts anyway. He did have a nice little run here tho.

Beezy said:
Just a tad bit sensitive I see. You probably shouldn't be reading a trash talk thread. I wouldn't want you to start crying. Actually that would be funny.

Get over yourself and give Crosby another blowjob. That might get him in the lineup sooner.

So the Flyers score 8 points and still can't beat the JETS! That is rich. Don't worry you are only 7 points behind the Pens now.

Pittsburgh Stats:
Neal tied for 1st in goals.
Fleury tied for 1st in wins.
Pittsburgh 1st in points, 3rd in overall % wins (behind Washington and Dallas).
Pittsburgh 1st in PK% (thanks Cookie, Park, Dupuis, others) Only 1 PK goal given up. That one was in OT on a 4 on 3 situation. Three short handed goals score (league lead).
8th in PP%, but that's a heck of lot better than last year.
11th in Goals per game, without Crosby, mostly w/o Malkin. Doing ok here too.

So far, so good!

Hey, how come we only hear from Detroit, Philly, Pittsburgh, and Caps fans here. Where's everyone else?

Ooh, a professional hockey player made an assist.

_

Aw, come on, that was awesome and you know it.
I really want to get to NSH for Hawks/Preds game. I think there is one in March I may try for. I hear the fans at the games do know hockey and are quite friendly.
St Louis is closer but I want to travel to a real city, not just some riverside dump.
(ironically, go Cards!)

Aw, come on, that was awesome and you know it.
I really want to get to NSH for Hawks/Preds game. I think there is one in March I may try for. I hear the fans at the games don't know hockey and are quite friendly.

Nashville is a nice clean friendly city to visit. The fans are learning, but...

I'm going to the Preds/Ducks on Saturday, just to get in to the swing of things.

_

Kessel gets another point last night, MacArthur finally gets his first of the season, Mike Brown beats the piss out of Newbury, and the Monster shakes off some early jitters and out plays King Henrik for the second half of the game. Plus, they kept Brad Richards off the scoreboard. It's all coming together in TO - hopefully Reimer's neck/concussion/upper body injury gets fixed up soon.

That 8th spot is looking more and more possible - keep it up boys!

copyright1997 said:
Pittsburgh Stats:
Pittsburgh 1st in PK% (thanks Cookie, Park, Dupuis, others) Only 1 PK goal given up. That one was in OT on a 4 on 3 situation. Three short handed goals score (league lead).

So far, so good!

Hey, how come we only hear from Detroit, Philly, Pittsburgh, and Caps fans here. Where's everyone else?

You forgot 5 game win streak.

I just read an interesting article about sports gambling and betting on teams. It said that the top 5 NHL teams that most people bet on are:

1. Pittsburgh
  2. Boston
  3. Detroit
  4. Chicago
  5. Philly

Article link

copyright1997 - we only hear from Detroit, Philly, Pittsburgh, and Caps fans here cuz they are the teams people are betting on! haa

Pittsburgh Stats:

So far, so good!

ANNDDD, Pitt has also played more games than anyone in the league ... so congrats you guys win October? There 70+ games to play, talk to me after the new year.

Barnzy02 said:
ANNDDD, Pitt has also played more games than anyone in the league ... so congrats you guys win October? There 70+ games to play, talk to me after the new year.

Deal. They are only going to get stronger.

Eeeeasy there killer. They still have to make it through one of the best teams in the league on Saturday.

The Leafs just got off to a fast start but will blow it like last year. The real challenge for Pitt will be the Sharks. Big Joe will chew up the Pens as if it were shark week!

Nashville is a nice clean friendly city to visit. The fans are learning, but...

I'm going to the Preds/Ducks on Saturday, just to get in to the swing of things.

_

Yeah, I poorly phrased that. I should have said "some of the fans".
I cringe when the crowd cheers every time the Preds skate into the zone as if it were a 3 on 0 breakaway.

Back