Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one team really won though and it wasnt yours. Sharks played good clutch hockey and the Pens fell apart. They only scored one on Thomas Greiss. Anti Niemi needs to get his act together though. They wont reach the playoffs if he doesnt.

Beezy said:
Guess who will be taking that back and filleting sharks tonight?

Well, guess that didn't happen.

Pens are technically in 2nd place, while even having played one game more than Toronto has (and also having lost head-to-head last weekend).

And both Chicago AND Edmonton are merely a single point behind, while having played 2 games less.

So realistically, the Pens are 4th at best. Really 5th, IMO, when you consider that the Caps are behind by 3 points, but 4 games played.

Basically, they only *look* like they're near the top because they have played more games so far than ANY of the other 29 teams in the league.

Did you really just say you gave them up? That's a joke, right?

Bwahahahaha........dude.

Maybe it isn't that you didn't read the earlier posts. Maybe it just that you don't know HOW to read and comprehend. When I left Pittsburgh, I moved 400 miles away. At that time, keeping season tickets didn't mean anything, as they regularly got about 3000-5000 people in an arena that held 18,000.

So, Mr Long Time Fan - when was your first hockey game, where, and why don't you have season tickets? At least I have an excuse, being 500 miles from my team. :)

Classic Pens fan complaining about the lack of penalties called.

I wasn't really complaining about penalties (well, except for the one called on Oprick). It was just interesting and surprising compared to the typical way games are being called this year.

The Sharks played well after the goalie change, and deserved to get the extra point.

emjay said:
Well, guess that didn't happen.

Pens are technically in 2nd place, while even having played one game more than Toronto has (and also having lost head-to-head last weekend).

And both Chicago AND Edmonton are merely a single point behind, while having played 2 games less.

So realistically, the Pens are 4th at best. Really 5th, IMO, when you consider that the Caps are behind by 3 points, but 4 games played.

Basically, they only *look* like they're near the top because they have played more games so far than ANY of the other 29 teams in the league.

Enjoy it while it lasts buddy.

MN Wild are getting it done lately. Josh Harding is on fire between the pipes, we gotta ride this for as long as we can. Even had a bit of scoring last night vs Vancouver which was nice to see. I like our new look first line, and scoring should continue to improve as players adjust to Yeo's new system.

Hoping for 2 against the Blues before we head on the road. Trying to catch Edmonton who doesn't seem to let in any goals. Strange results so far, to say the least. I would have predicted Vancouver having a 6 point lead by now.

Last night was EXCELLENT!!!!

Flyers LOSE!!!
Wings LOST!!!
Wild WIN!!!
and the Sharks came back to beat the Pens!!!!!

Since no one other than solbes watches the Wild, I'll treat you all to Clutterbuck punching a Zebra in the face. Enjoy!
[ame="http://youtu.be/vp3XfT67uPY"]http://youtu.be/vp3XfT67uPY[/ame]

Danger,

This was my fav from last night. The Tenderness skates around the Canuck guy who lays down, then bangs one off of the goalie mask from a backhander. Too bad goalie masks aren't metallic. You would have heard the CLANG all the way to Vancouver!

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to the Laughs? Pens #1 again FYI

Boston only plays well against the Leafs this season for some reason. That said - YIKES. Glad I opted for a dinner date than watching the game. Blinked at the bar and it was 3-0. Gross.

Leafs need their #1 goalie back so they can start playing properly again. For whatever reason they can't do this with anyone else in net.

Boston only plays well against the Leafs this season for some reason. That said - YIKES. Glad I opted for a dinner date than watching the game. Blinked at the bar and it was 3-0. Gross.

Leafs need their #1 goalie back so they can start playing properly again. For whatever reason they can't do this with anyone else in net.

They've won two in a row.. Hopefully there back on track..They definitely have Toronto's number..We beat Ottawa last Tuesday 5-3.

Damn, the Hawks got spanked by the 'Nuckleheads. Giving up 5 goals while killing penalties cost them their first regulation loss at home and their first losing streak of the season. They've been looking pretty promising, but if their PK is going to be so weak, they really can't afford to be taking so many penalties.

They hired a guy in the Blue Jackets system? Does that make any sense? Usually you try yo take from a winning org.

Armstrong and Hitchcock won a cup in Dallas.

Yes, a hundred years ago. Hell, goals could be called back for a foot in the crease back then, provided they weren't of the 'Stanley Cup winning' variety. Times have changed, my friend.

Yeah, Hawks sucked bad last night.
I hope Emery plays next game against VAN just to see him take care of the snowshower sisters before the d-men can even grab 'em. I guess Carcillo made up for it later by accidentally "falling" into Luongo from 8 feet away (after he just got up, haha).

Sucks for Toews playing with slugs like Brunette & Stalberg.

I don't know it Hitch is right fit for Blues or not but Payne sucked.

Awesome. The Leafs know that MW3 just came out, so they're giving me a good reason to stop watching and just play video games for a couple months. Just like last year!

Beezy said:
They hired a guy in the Blue Jackets system? Does that make any sense? Usually you try yo take from a winning org.

The people in winning organizations already have a job.

Wild win 5 in a row! Now Backstrom wants in on the goaltending party, awesome shutout for him too last night. If you're Yeo, who do you play in the net? Guess it might not matter with how they've both been playing. Lets shoot for 6 in San Jose.

Anyone see the projected realignment situation presented by Fox Sports Detroit last night?

No more East vs West. It will be 4 "regions" (divisions, essentially), mostly playing near each other geographically, with the top 4 teams from each starting the playoffs. After the first round, they reseed or whatever, and move on.

I liked the look of it. It keeps teams playing those close to them most of the time, and also playing a couple of distant teams a year. I'm tired of the Wings playing so many 10:30 games out west.

Since there doesn't seem to be a decent way to realign the existing format, might as well reboot the whole thing.

Wild win 5 in a row! Now Backstrom wants in on the goaltending party, awesome shutout for him too last night.

Backstrom had to work last night stopping 41 shots!!! It was a crazy game. That headbutt was total Busch league. If you can't fight at least get knockout like a man. The NHL isn't soccer and doesn't need a Zinedine Zidane.

If you're Yeo, who do you play in the net?

I would ride Backstrom's 41 shot shutout for the next game and then start a rotation or something. Switch between Harding and Backstrom every 2-3 games. I know goalies are weird and would rather not do a rotation, I have played with some.

Lets shoot for 6 in San Jose.

The only time I cheer against the Sharks is when the Wild play them. I have to cheer for my hometown boys! Especially when they are on a 5 game hot streak!:rockin:

I liked the look of it. It keeps teams playing those close to them most of the time, and also playing a couple of distant teams a year.

I think they play enough division games a year. How many times can play the same team in a season before the fans get bored and want to see other teams? I like having division rivials but when you play a team more then 5-6 times a year it kinda exploits them. I'm just saying it makes a boring year of hockey when you have 82 games split up between like 10 teams.

I'm tired of the Wings playing so many 10:30 games out west.

QYB and get TiVo or a VCR and record the game.

DangerRoss said:
I think they play enough division games a year. How many times can play the same team in a season before the fans get bored and want to see other teams? I like having division rivials but when you play a team more then 5-6 times a year it kinda exploits them. I'm just saying it makes a boring year of hockey when you have 82 games split up between like 10 teams.

I agree with this. I'm not necessarily opposed to a complete restructuring, and even elimination of conferences, but playing the same small group of teams (6 or 7, in this case) most of the time just isn't very interesting.

Back