EJWOX hydropress?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AzOr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone hear of this hydropress?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07789PV7Q/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

For next year I was thinking of tweaking a Harbor Freight hydraulic press. But by the time I build the trays, table etc- the project would probably run me at least $400. And that’s not including my time (I’m not the handiest person-so projects take me a bit longer).

Plus- a traditional press and trays etc takes up a lot of garage space.

If this thing works almost as good as a Speidel, it may be worth looking into.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully someone finds this response useful.

I own a 20ltr EJWOX press and it has survived 2 apple seasons and is working well. the bag is beginning to show its age and I'm looking to replace it.

Pros:
- It works well
- Is well priced

Cons:
- a bit of mucking around to get the pipework to fit Australian standards
- sourcing replacement bits (bags) is difficult as there are limited suppliers

I don't have any experience with Speidel but I am curious, it's twice the cost and is full stainless steel rather than enamel coated.

If the enamel chips the EJWOX will begin to rust, but is that a big deal...

I might upgrade to a 40 or 90 litre Speidel as they are available in Australia at the moment but I'm quite undecided as my "little press that could" has worked quite well.

I do have the Speidel crusher, and its brilliant.

Attachments

• 20200301_163533.mp4
    17.5 MB
Additional information:

If you live in Australia, EJWOX doesn't ship or have official suppliers here, I'll need to find a filter bag that fits which is a shame.
It looks like my upgrade will be Speidel after all.

Hopefully someone finds this response useful.

I own a 20ltr EJWOX press and it has survived 2 apple seasons and is working well. the bag is beginning to show its age and I'm looking to replace it.

Pros:
- It works well
- Is well priced

Cons:
- a bit of mucking around to get the pipework to fit Australian standards
- sourcing replacement bits (bags) is difficult as there are limited suppliers

I don't have any experience with Speidel but I am curious, it's twice the cost and is full stainless steel rather than enamel coated.

If the enamel chips the EJWOX will begin to rust, but is that a big deal...

I might upgrade to a 40 or 90 litre Speidel as they are available in Australia at the moment but I'm quite undecided as my "little press that could" has worked quite well.

I do have the Speidel crusher, and its brilliant.
That’s helpful thank you. I ended up purchasing a hydropress from Pleasant Hill Grain. I’ve been very happy with it.
I do need to upgrade my grinder though. I’m using a garbage disposal build. It works just ok.

After many emails to EJWOX they just won't post the bags, won't even entertain the idea of allowing me to pay for postage.

Its a real shame as the press works well, if you live in the US or Canada I'd have no issue recommending this to a homebrewer.

Additional information:

If you live in Australia, EJWOX doesn't ship or have official suppliers here, I'll need to find a filter bag that fits which is a shame.
It looks like my upgrade will be Speidel after all.
Look at pleasanthillgrain.com
They have bags available for there hydropress. As long as you don’t go too small, you should be ok. A precise fit is t necessary.

After finding a supply of bags (and buying a bunch) the little press that could finished another season.

About 450 litres of juice pressed so areasonable workload.

Back