South Carolina Eastern Carolinas Trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OTTB

Reaction score
Making a trip through the eastern Carolinas in about a week. Wilson, Greenville, Fayetteville, Wilmington, Lumberton, Florence, Manning, Orangeburg, Aiken. Realize it's quite rural. Looking for brew pub recommendations in those areas. Saw some near Charleston in a SC travel guide. Seems like not many options in the more rural locals, based on the travel guides.:tank::mug:

I've been to Mother Earth Brewery in Kinston, NC twice. They do brewery tours at no charge, and I like their beer. If I remember right, they don't serve food because of some regulations, but you can bring in food. (Their website doesn't mention bringing in food, so maybe that has changed.)

I'll second duck rabbit. If you can get a little more west, Smithfield and Raleigh, check out Deep River, Double Barely, and Trophy. In Wilmington check out Fly Trap. If you're up around Nags Head go to the Outer Banks Brew Station. Good beer and excellent food.

I'll throw in on the Duck Rabbit love as well... As Rehlgood said - there's a ton a bit further west - about an hour to hour and a half drive from wilson you can get Deep River, Double Barley, Trophy, Aviator, Draftline, Fainting Goat, Bombshell, Bruprint - and quite a few others.

There's also a great bottle shop in Wilson, called Brewmasters - decent grub too

Back