Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mother came over to hang out with my wife and puppy over the weekend while I was gone. After a half dozen beers while I'm at a bachelor party, I get this picture from my mom:

muaiyt.jpg

I have a feeling the girls were hitting the wine pretty hard.

I grew up in a strict, "no dogs!" household. Naturally, the first thing that I did once getting myself established was get a dog! It's amazing how fast parents come around. Now my dogs (that's right: 2, now!) are treated like freecken' royalty at their place. Lucky dogs, I say.

I grew up in a strict, "no dogs!" household. Naturally, the first thing that I did once getting myself established was get a dog! It's amazing how fast parents come around. Now my dogs (that's right: 2, now!) are treated like freecken' royalty at their place. Lucky dogs, I say.

It's ridiculous. We grew up in an all dogs household, except it was Golden Retrievers. My mother raised and would stud/breed them. There was a time we had 5 goldens, although living on a small farm made it plausible. I thought for sure if I didn't get a golden now that I have my own house, my mom would disown me. Instead, she's already calling Siggi her grandpuppy and she's gramma... I know she wants to be a grandmother but come on now :)

Lil' man underwent a bit of surgery today to get rid of his testicle problem. Wife brought him home and swore up and down that he was scared of the cone of shame and wouldn't move with it on. I didn't believe her until I got home, but damn it all if he's not moving an inch. The second pic was taken after a solid 10 seconds of trying to get his attention, but he wouldn't/couldn't turn and face us.
We can't tell if it's because he's a coward, he hates us now, or if it's because he's high as a kite from the pain meds.

...I hate myself but I can't stop laughing. Dude looks like a cheeseburger would cure all of his ails in the third pic.

dog 1.jpg

dog 2.jpg

dog 3.jpg

I didn't use a cone for my dog, and he didn't cause any trouble for himself after his neuter.
Oh man. After Sage had his 'procedure', I took him home, with no Cone of Shame. Got home from work the next day, and his kennel looked like a massacre happened. Blood EVERYWHERE. Thought "Crap. This can't be good." Checked him over, couldn't find any clotting near his incision, and he appeared to be fine, so we didn't make an emergency trip. Loaded him up the next morning and took him back to the vet to check it out - vet met me in the parking lot. Dropped the tailgate and opened his crate... and we both noticed the white fur on one of his paws was kind of pink. He had caught a toenail on something, and bled all over the kennel as he was running around that day. Nothing wrong with his incisions at all.

Dumb dog.

Adopted the little guy, Astro, this weekend. He is a Border Collie / Shepard mix. Playing with his older brother, Argo, our Border Collie / Karelian Bear Dog mix 7 year old.

Our one dog loves that tree stump toy. If you kept putting the chipmunks back inside for her to pull out, I think she would play with that thing all day.

How's that holding up for you? Got one for my dog and it lasted two days. Not bad...

The lobster actually lasts quite long...like two or three weeks. We're with our third lobster baby now. The shark, made by the same company is also good...but stay away from the octopus. Bailey that that thing destroyed in hours.

The lobster actually lasts quite long...like two or three weeks. We're with our third lobster baby now. The shark, made by the same company is also good...but stay away from the octopus. Bailey that that thing destroyed in hours.

Labs as a breed often have gentle jaw grips for game retrieval unless raised otherwise. My golden retriever growing up was great with plush toys like that. My current shepherd mix, not so much.

Apparently the older dog got a little sick of the pup and now they need separate places to sleep away their day.

I'm glad we crate our dogs separately while we're at work. They get along fine, but sometimes one gets in the mood to aggravate the other, and I could see things potentially becoming ugly if they were confined to the same space.

I'm glad we crate our dogs separately while we're at work. They get along fine, but sometimes one gets in the mood to aggravate the other, and I could see things potentially becoming ugly if they were confined to the same space.

The older dog spent the first 8 years of her life sharing a crate with her big brother. She seems fine in the crate with this puppy, but all of a sudden she has had enough of her today. I think tonigh I need to take old Daisy down to the basement (where the puppy cannot get) so we can have some puppy free time watching TV on the couch together (with a beer or two, of course).

My old guy, Wally-the-not-so-Wonderdog, goes for the big sleep tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM. He had been starting to lose control of his back legs for about three weeks but after a (now cured) three-day stretch of diarrhea he has pretty much given up. I won't watch him suffer when he cannot even stand long enough to do his second favorite thing (poop).

He had a great run living to twice the average age for his breed, being team captain (promoted from mascot) for our LeMons racing team the last three years and generally bringing joy to all he met. We adopted him at 11 to give him one good last year and he gave us 5 great years instead.

The picture is of him playing Princess Buttercup from "Princess Bride" at his first race. He was a confident enough black man to play a white woman convincingly.

IMG_3313.jpg

My old guy, Wally-the-not-so-Wonderdog, goes for the big sleep tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM. He had been starting to lose control of his back legs for about three weeks but after a (now cured) three-day stretch of diarrhea he has pretty much given up. I won't watch him suffer when he cannot even stand long enough to do his second favorite thing (poop).

He had a great run living to twice the average age for his breed, being team captain (promoted from mascot) for our LeMons racing team the last three years and generally bringing joy to all he met. We adopted him at 11 to give him one good last year and he gave us 5 great years instead.

The picture is of him playing Princess Buttercup from "Princess Bride" at his first race. He was a confident enough black man to play a white woman convincingly.

I'm so sorry Udo. That is indeed a long happy life, I hope you and your family are doing well.

Good job Wally. A fine end for a fine friend, I'd say.

Back