DC Group Buy #20

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All, a few snags on the order (from our buyer):

Wasn't able to find the following at all on LD Carlson or BSG:

1961C Muntons Maris Otter Extra Pale
MUN1001 Muntons Pale Maris Otter
GLO1008 Schill Cologne (Kolsch)

Substitutes? I would suggest Crisp MO if that is what you want. For the Schill, I doubt there is something comparable??

I was part of the kolsch malt split, and am cool with skipping it if my split-mate is cool with that as well

I also ordered Muntons Maris Otter extra pale, I'm good with crisp as a replacement. Also, Wgoose1 was kind enough to say that he would pick up my order for me.

I was part of the kolsch malt split, and am cool with skipping it if my split-mate is cool with that as well

Yup, let's skip it. Very unfortunate they don't carry it any longer since I've scored the Koelsch malt via this group buy in the past. And it is excellent! :(

All, a few snags on the order (from our buyer):

Wasn't able to find the following at all on LD Carlson or BSG:

1961C Muntons Maris Otter Extra Pale
MUN1001 Muntons Pale Maris Otter
GLO1008 Schill Cologne (Kolsch)

Substitutes? I would suggest Crisp MO if that is what you want. For the Schill, I doubt there is something comparable??

Lets go with the CRI100 Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter.

Tony,

Are you still sending an updated order this week for anything new? I somehow missed notifications on everything closing up and wanted to jump on some crushed grains. If not on this buy, for sure on the next one.

-Mike

Refunds sent for Schill Kolsch malt and delta between Muntons and Crisp (FARoad). The other Muntons -> Crisp was 60 cents more. Not worth the hassle of you paying me.

I will bring a scale and be there at 10am.
Also, when I go on the link to the buy it says no under the paid tab.
I haven't heard anything from you and my payment went through so I asume you just haven't updated since it closed?

Also, when I go on the link to the buy it says no under the paid tab.
I haven't heard anything from you and my payment went through so I asume you just haven't updated since it closed?

Everyone has paid. I am sometimes a bit lazy on the admin tasks...apologies for any confusion!

T

Got word this afternoon a "lot of the order" made it in. Hoping to get details tonight. Will let you all know what I find out when I hear it! Fingers crossed!

I think you're also missing the Munton MO Blend and Extra Pale. I checked the order over last night, and I couldn't find that stuff. Unless someone found it today. Normally we have two weeks to do the group order, but with the Hurricane and Labor day, this was the only order we got.

I think you're also missing the Munton MO Blend and Extra Pale. I checked the order over last night, and I couldn't find that stuff. Unless someone found it today. Normally we have two weeks to do the group order, but with the Hurricane and Labor day, this was the only order we got.

I think those got substituted for with Crisp MO and Gleneagles. Did you happen to see that we had "extra" of those? Tim may not have passed that along to whoever checked and they were only added this week. Would be good to know if they made it in or not as that affects about 4 people...

:mug:

I will help with the splits. I can bring a few bags. But I don't have a scale.

No buckets though, there's a broken link in that supply chain.

Thanks to everyone who showed up today and helped with splits. Went very smoothly! Thanks to BrewSavage for coordinating the split team and oGroat for making labels!! Apologies for the missing Dark Munich...looks like *I* screwed that up....think I fat fingered the spreadsheet and deleted the row accidentally. I feel really bad about it!! Main reason for the web site was to remove user error on my part....will double and triple check in the future! I refunded the GP split and the Dark Munich split...got a weird error for mclardass so if you don't get the refund let me know as it is in a "pending" state waiting on you to approve it???? Odd! Thanks to everyone who brought bags, scales, etc. and to the unsung heroes that did all the splitting. Lots of folks hit and ran today, which was unusual but understood! For those who did, you missed DuckBrown's "drink my beer and tell me what I did wrong" challenge!:D

Met some very nice people at the grain pickup today. Thanks to stonebrewer for organizing things.

If ever out in the Manassas area stop by for a homebrew at my house.

Thanks for sharing those pix of your brewery. Really impressive electric setup! Welcome to the group...hope you have more time next time to sip a sample or two. Cheers!

Did the Flaked Oat split 3205D happen? I had twenty lbs that I didn't grab. I didn't realize until later that day.

Back