DC Area Group Grain Buy #12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:off:
You're short,
5'11" isn't short, mister!

your bellybutton sticks out too far,
it's an innie. had you berated it for collecting lint, you'd be on a much stronger footing.

and you're a terrible burden on your poor mother.
given the amount of nagging she does about how i never call or visit, apparently i'm not enough of a burden on her!

Sorry couldnt help myself.
neither could i - the truth must be known.

please put me down for:

sacs:
1x CAS1002 Château Pilsen 2-Row 25 Kg (55 Lb.)

splits:
5# of the Weyermann® Light Munich (closes the split)
5# of the Briess DME Pilsen Light

Added.

anyone interested in a Briess Bavarian Wheat DME split? i would take 10#, initially.

I added this to the splits, let's see what happens. Robfar may want some.

i will need some more PBW eventually but i'm going to hold off on joining the split for now. i will step up if needed to close out this buy, otherwise i'd rather wait until the next buy (Aug/Sept/whatever).

OK

Awesome! I haven't had Laphroaig before, but one of the highest peated scotches I have had is Talisker do you know how that compares?

As a fan of the highly smokey and peaty scotches, Laphroaig is almost definitely the top of the bunch as far as these characteristics go in intensity. Ardbeg makes a few that come close though. I highly recommend the Quarter Cask Laphroaig - delicious.

As a fan of the highly smokey and peaty scotches, Laphroaig is almost definitely the top of the bunch as far as these characteristics go in intensity. Ardbeg makes a few that come close though. I highly recommend the Quarter Cask Laphroaig - delicious.

I find that Laphroiag is maximum peat, Ardbeg maximum smoke.

Can you also add me for another:

1 x RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb

Thanks,
Patrick

Please add onto my order -

1 x RAH1002 - Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
1 x WEY1003 - Weyermann® Pilsner 25 Kg (55 Lb.)

and add me to this split by BrewSavage -

10# BRI1022 - Briess 2-Row Carapils® 50 lb

Thanks, much appreciated!

Hi Frits,

please add for me:

1X CAS1002 Château Pilsen 2-Row 25 Kg
1X MAL1004 Patagonia Extra Pale 25 kg (55 lb) (this will be the third attempt, if they don't have it again is there anyway to replace it with MUN1003 Muntons Pale Pearl?)

then off the splits:

5# Carapils

and new splits:

10# GAM1051 Gambrinus Honey 25 kg (55 lb)
10# 3205D Flaked Oats 50 lb

Thank you!

Can you also add me for another:

Thanks,
Patrick

Added.

I'll take:

Added.

Can you add the following to my splits:

1 x RAH1005Rahr Premium Pilsner 50 lb

Cheers,

Kirk

Added.

Please add onto my order -

1 x RAH1002 - Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
1 x WEY1003 - Weyermann® Pilsner 25 Kg (55 Lb.)

and add me to this split by BrewSavage -

10# BRI1022 - Briess 2-Row Carapils® 50 lb

Thanks, much appreciated!

Added.

Hi Frits,

please add for me:

1X CAS1002 Château Pilsen 2-Row 25 Kg
1X MAL1004 Patagonia Extra Pale 25 kg (55 lb) (this will be the third attempt, if they don't have it again is there anyway to replace it with MUN1003 Muntons Pale Pearl?)

then off the splits:

5# Carapils

and new splits:

10# GAM1051 Gambrinus Honey 25 kg (55 lb)
10# 3205D Flaked Oats 50 lb

Thank you!

All added.

We won't know what the availability is (at BSG) for Patagonia until we place the order, sometimes not even until they ship and show no stock. We can ask our buyer to inquire before or when putting in the order. I've put a note in that row.

Current Status:
46 sacks, 6 of those are open splits with 225# to go.
Looks like we're ready to close by the end of the month.

Thanks!

Please put me down for a sack of:

CRI1002 Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter 25 kg (55 lb)

and 5# of the flaked oats split.

Thanks.

If this buy closes by the end of the month, what would the pick up date be?

Working it out with 3 Stars now...will post back here in a day or so with an answer.

Sorry I have been "out of touch" for a while...I have been in China for over 3 weeks on vacation and just got back last night late...jet lagged all to hades and back again!! :D In case you did not know, China has the Great Firewall which prevented me from accessing a lot of sites like HBT, Beer Advocate, Google, etc...sigh!

You have NO idea how lucky we are to be in the US with all this excellent craft beer and home brew!! I went almost a month without an ale and BOY did I miss it...

Suspect we will do a pickup mid to late May. Will let you know as soon as I hear back. Lesson from the last time was more time was better, so I may try to get the order in this weekend or next at the latest and give it 2-3 weeks to arrive at 3 Stars. Details to be worked out soon and posted here once Frits and I come up with a plan.

Cheers all!!

Please put me down for a sack of:

CRI1002 Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter 25 kg (55 lb)

and 5# of the flaked oats split.

Thanks.

Added.

please increase my Briess DME Pilsen Light to 10 lbs.

Changed to 10#

Current Status:
47 sacks, 6 of those are open splits with 215# to go.

Depending on 3 Stars' availability, we will likely close this week or next. Get your orders in now and please try to fill those open splits.

Please add 10lb for me to the
GAM1051 Gambrinus Honey 25 kg (55 lb) open split.

Added.

Current Status:
47 sacks, 6 of those are open splits with 205# to go.

Depending on 3 Stars' availability, we will likely close this Friday (4/24) or next (5/1). Get your orders in now and please try to fill those open splits.

New to the grain buy...let me know what the next step is. Thanks

New to the grain buy...let me know what the next step is. Thanks

Also
10 lbs Gambrinus Honey 25 kg split

Welcome to our group buy!

Items added.

Please pm me your:
  • First name,
  • Primary email address - where we can reach you (one you check often), and
  • Alternative email, if you have one.

Thanks!

OK folks...heard back from our friends at 3 Stars this morning. We have two options, May 16 and 23. I would like to go with May 16 which means we close this puppy down this weekend...sorta. We can always add to the buy with 3 weeks of runway, so I think that is our best option. I would not try to add anything that is not a "normal" grain though as you are likely to come away disappointed. So unless there is a roar of disapproval, we are going to do a soft close this weekend and a hard close in a week or two...

I would like to be added to German's split as well.

Please add 10# GAM1051 Gambrinus Honey split to my order.

Thanks!

We have two options, May 16 and 23. I would like to go with May 16 which means we close this puppy down this weekend...

May 23rd is the start of Memorial Day weekend and I'm going out of town (others might possibly be as well). I would prefer pickup on May 16th also.

OK folks...heard back from our friends at 3 Stars this morning. We have two options, May 16 and 23. I would like to go with May 16 which means we close this puppy down this weekend...sorta. We can always add to the buy with 3 weeks of runway, so I think that is our best option. I would not try to add anything that is not a "normal" grain though as you are likely to come away disappointed. So unless there is a roar of disapproval, we are going to do a soft close this weekend and a hard close in a week or two...

Im good with 16th. Ill send money now to you and frits.

The e-check is in the ether.

Those dates, May 16 or 23, work for me, I should be able to help with the splits too.

I'm not available for earlier dates i.e. May 2 or May 9

The e-check is in the ether.

Those dates, May 16 or 23, work for me, I should be able to help with the splits too.

I'm not available for earlier dates i.e. May 2 or May 9

Thank you. I got your (direct) payment, and FWIW, it was NOT an e-check, which is good. They can take a week or more to clear.

Hi folks,

quick question to those who have gotten in on PBW or DME splits before. How do you store them? I am inclined to help towards closing those splits but hesitant because of worries about storage.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

quick question to those who have gotten in on PBW or DME splits before. How do you store them? I am inclined to help towards closing those splits but hesitant because of worries about storage.

Thanks!

I store my homemade PBW in an airtight plastic container. Must be kept dry (and cool).

I put most bulk DME into quart ziplock freezer bags (Glad, zipper), ~1.5-2.0# a piece, used for starters. I also have a 5-10 pounds triple bagged lot, that's still dry and fine after 2 years.

Back