DC Area Group Buy #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I mistakenly sent money to the following:

Atjsparty, bigbeavk, claphamsa, and emyers

I am sorry for the inconvenience with sending a refund. I completely misread the user info tab.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Yeah, I can see how you could've interpreted it that way. Sorry for the confusion and extra work. :drunk:

closing splits a few days early seems like a reasonable idea.

another idea might be to limit splits to quarter sacks or increments thereof. would cut down on the number of participants in a split, thus the number of micro-payments that need to be lined up before we can pull the trigger.

closing splits a few days early seems like a reasonable idea.

another idea might be to limit splits to quarter sacks or increments thereof. would cut down on the number of participants in a split, thus the number of micro-payments that need to be lined up before we can pull the trigger.

I, personally, think that splits should be set for 10# increments, or above.

That said, not everyone will use 10# of Flaked corn, rye, of Honey malt in a year.

The best idea would be to close additions to the buy two weeks out and collect funds a week out. That way everyone has time to take care of business.

Any sacks/splits added after the deadline get added to the next buy.

Just sayin'

The micro splits and associated payments are not a real problem. The auto tally takes care of the arithmetic in the buyers' summaries:

Code:
Buyer #5:  sweetcell				
sweetcell ==> claphamsa		$5.91	$5.91	paid
sweetcell ==> reddskinnfan	$23.20	$23.20	5/23
sweetcell ==> stonebrewer	$6.46	$6.46	paid

Now the fewer primary buyers we have the fewer people need to get paid. Ideally there would be only one "primary buyer" collecting all the dues and submitting those to Tony. That simplifies things enormously. There is no real advantage of having more than one Primary Buyer anyway, since they don't adopt the remainder of a sack if it doesn't fill. IOW, a primary buyer is really no different than anyone else buying shares in the split.

It would help if we set the date that payments are due a week or at least a few days before ordering and send an email reminder/announcement out once or twice to those involved to keep everyone informed. Then we have a few days spare to decide what to do with the tardy ones, and fill suddenly created incomplete splits.

72 splits over 16 sacks is between 4 and 5 splits per sack on average, with most being actual 4- or 5-way splits. A 10# minimum will reduce the amount of splits slightly, yes, but also deters those who don't want 10# lots from buying.

Got money from everyone except Captain Al. Will transfer to Tony as soon as I finish work. If anyone wants to vouch for Captain Al and front $17.73 towards 15lbs oak smoked wheat and get reimbursed from him later. Otherwise I'll drop the sack and refund everybody who paid on it. Sorry I don't need 15lbs extra and I have been sending reminders since Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just paid Tony for 1 bag rahr pils, 1 bag flaked corn, 1 bag Marris Otter. Oak smoked wheat split is off. I refunded everyone who paid towards it.

Got money from everyone except Captain Al. Will transfer to Tony as soon as I finish work. If anyone wants to vouch for Captain Al and front $17.73 towards 15lbs oak smoked wheat and get reimbursed from him later. Otherwise I'll drop the sack and refund everybody who paid on it. Sorry I don't need 15lbs extra and I have been sending reminders since Monday

I've received payment for the smoked wheat.

OK, peter78 dropped the smoked wheat, but without asking if anyone else wants to pick up CaptainAl's 15# slack.

I'll be fine adopting the dropped sack and take an extra 5# or 10# of it, if anyone else wants the remainder. That is if peter78 still wants his 10# smoked wheat.

Got to hurry to get this going.

So where is CaptainAl?

Sorry for the delay........Funds have been sent!!

The following transfers were made from CaptainAl to
Petey44 $11.60 DME 5#
Peter78 $17.73 Smoked Wheat 15#

Thanks again everyone for getting this all together.

Sorry for the delay........Funds have been sent!!

The following transfers were made from CaptainAl to
Petey44 $11.60 DME 5#
Peter78 $17.73 Smoked Wheat 15#

Thanks again everyone for getting this all together.

This is all good and well, but peter78 dropped the sack of smoked wheat and now we got to find him to see if he's still interested in it.

I'll be fine adopting that sack and take peter78's 10# share, at least for now. That means he would have to refund CaptainAl, as he did ours already, and then you guys got to pay me.

We're definitely going to do this differently next time, believe me. I have some plans for that.

I sent money to Tony last night but have yet to see it marked in the spreadsheet, everything alright with my 3 sacks?

OK sheet updated, everyone came in at the last minute except for rpfuror who I don't seem to have contact info for and don't know how he got the spreadsheet, as I cannot find an email from/to him either here on HBT or my outlook account???

Anyone know rpfuror and can make contact this morning? If not, I gotta drop him from the buy.

Everyone else paid in full, and I think I owe Frits money back as Peter paid the full amount?

OK sheet updated, everyone came in at the last minute except for rpfuror who I don't seem to have contact info for and don't know how he got the spreadsheet, as I cannot find an email from/to him either here on HBT or my outlook account???

Anyone know rpfuror and can make contact this morning? If not, I gotta drop him from the buy.

Everyone else paid in full, and I think I owe Frits money back as Peter paid the full amount?

rpfuror is on your #8 bulk buy mailing list "rpfuror@HBT" <ryan.perc@....>

peter78 paid for the 3 sacks he ordered, excluding the smoked wheat he dropped. I picked it up and paid you, you don't owe me a thing. I did adjust the spreadsheet to put the sack under my account and removed it from his.

I'll send rpfuror an email right now.

Thanks Tony, awesome job!

rpfuror is on your #8 bulk buy mailing list "rpfuror@HBT" <ryan.perc@....>

peter78 paid for the 3 sacks he ordered, excluding the smoked wheat he dropped. I picked it up and paid you, you don't owe me a thing. I did adjust the spreadsheet to put the sack under my account and removed it from his.

I'll send rpfuror an email right now.

Thanks Tony, awesome job!

You guys both rock and make this buy successful. It is like another job, I'm sure.

I am really sorry that I won't be there to help this time. I always look forward to it, the chats we have and the beer. ;-)

See ya'll next time.

OK folks, I am sending the sheet in now. I am removing rpfuror's grain, however if you contact me today and pay for your sacks I will see if I can add it in later today. Got to scoot to do family stuff so will be off the grid for a while.

<EDIT> Sheet sent, payment on the way, have a great weekend all!!

Islandlizard, do I owe you for 5# of oak smoked wheat? I have $5.91 and I'm not afraid to use it ... Also willing to pick up an extra #5 if that will grease the wherls

*wheels (Just finishing an impromptu wine your of harford cty)

Islandlizard, do I owe you for 5# of oak smoked wheat? I have $5.91 and I'm not afraid to use it ... Also willing to pick up an extra #5 if that will grease the wherls

Just the $5.91 for the 5#. I took over the sack, but distribution remains the same. Are really you looking for an extra 5# or is it just an offer in case there was a leftover? Someone may be able to help you.

Make sure you got refunded by peter78 for that amount.

Thanks!

Since I've adopted peter78's sack of smoked wheat for splits, the following buyers need to pay me:
  • shoshin - $5.91 Received!
  • masonsjax - $17.73 Received!
  • CaptainAl - $17.73 Received through peter78
  • peter78 - $11.82 Received

Everyone is paid up on my splits (smoked wheat).
Thanks!

Funnycreature / Bigbeavk, if one of you is getting Reddskinnfan's grain, could you also grab my 15# and CaptainAl's 20# while you're at it please?

Funnycreature is picking up for Redskinfan.

I sure can pick up your 2 orders. Please send a note to Stonebrewer and Islandlizard and let them know I have your permission to pick up for you. Keep in mind I leave June 6th for vacation and will return the following weekend. :mug:

Funnycreature is picking up for Redskinfan.

I sure can pick up your 2 orders. Please send a note to Stonebrewer and Islandlizard and let them know I have your permission to pick up for you. Keep in mind I leave June 6th for vacation and will return the following weekend. :mug:

Bigbeavk...thanks for taking care of collecting our grains. I live 1/2 mile from Redskinfan so wherever I need to pickup my grains is fine. I have 15# of Smoked Wheat and 5# of DME coming. I can also hold Masonsjax's grains for pickup at my place. PM me if you want to make arrangements offline.

Stonebrewer/Islandlizard, just let me know if this serves as authorization for Bigbeavk/Funnycreature to pickup my grains. If not I can PM you as well.

Thanks everyone!! I really was looking forward to being there and meeting everyone. Schedule is a mess these days. Hopefully next time.

Here's what we currently (5/26) have for collecting buyers' grains:

• Bigbeavk/Funnycreature picks up for CaptainAl and masonsjax
  • funnycreature picks up for reddskinnfan
  • robfar picks up for stuppy
  • stonebrewer picks up for res291que
  • ewrzesinski picks up for TreefrogPhD
  • stonebrewer picks up for stevedasleeve
  • a proxy picks up for JodyLondon
  • shoshin picks up for Petey44

Everyone else picks up their own, unless we hear from you.

Latest posts

Back