DC Area Group Buy #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, I'll be working on the 31st. I will send a proxy to pick up my grain. I'm sad I wont get to drink a beer with all you fine gentlemen.

Tony is picking up my sacks... I'm still in the land of whiskey, hills, rain, kilts, and cask ales...!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401113543.748585.jpg

If we're keeping a list, I'm picking up for Petey44

OK.
Here's what we currently (5/26) have for collecting buyers' grains:

• Bigbeavk/funnycreature picks up for CaptainAl and masonsjax
  • funnycreature picks up for reddskinnfan
  • robfar picks up for stuppy
  • stonebrewer picks up for res291que and stevedasleeve
  • ewrzesinski picks up for TreefrogPhD
  • "aproxy" picks up for JodyLondon
  • shoshin picks up for Petey44

Everyone else picks up their own, unless we hear from you.

OK.
Here's what we currently (5/26) have for collecting buyers' grains:

• Bigbeavk/funnycreature picks up for CaptainAl and masonsjax
  • funnycreature picks up for reddskinnfan
  • robfar picks up for stuppy
  • stonebrewer picks up for res291que and stevedasleeve
  • ewrzesinski picks up for TreefrogPhD
  • "aproxy" picks up for JodyLondon
  • shoshin picks up for Petey44

Everyone else picks up their own, unless we hear from you.

Frits, will you have a list of all the splits? I'll be happy to pick up whatever fits in the car. :mug:

As I was cleaning the basement last weekend I realized that I might have more bottles than I need (since I started kegging a while back). I think I can part with at least two cases of bottles, all delabeled, cleaned, and "StarSaned". Please let me know if anyone here is interested!

BigBeavK - Will you be able to distribute some of your fancy buckets again? After my basement flooded I realized that keeping the grains in those is the way to go... Thanks!

Frits, will you have a list of all the splits? I'll be happy to pick up whatever fits in the car. :mug:

I make labels for all the splits, per sack, you've seen them. Then I make reconciliation sheets for all the splits, per buyer, so everyone can check what they're supposed to leave with.

Tony does the full sack distro.

With the back seat down, you can fit quite a lot of stuff in a Prius. 10 sacks is no problem. Now the buckets take up a relatively lot of space, but even 10 should not be a problem either, even with 6-10 sacks.

As I was cleaning the basement last weekend I realized that I might have more bottles than I need (since I started kegging a while back). I think I can part with at least two cases of bottles, all delabeled, cleaned, and "StarSaned". Please let me know if anyone here is interested!

I could find a home for any amount of bottles at this point. I'd be interested in taking them or splitting them with other folks if they're interested too.

Thanks everyone. All have paid for their portion of the wheat split I started. This grain buy all "heated" up last week when I was very ill so the timing was poor but we all got it worked out. Didn't help that I am a noobie and unsure what all to do! Thanks again Reddskinsfan, ovenfreshbread, and Ldobbs66! ewrzesinski will be there Saturday making sure you get your fair share as I will be busy judging a homebrew comp in Virginia.

Cheers! :mug: :ban:

Jim

ALERT!! ALL ON BUY #8 PLEASE READ

I just got an email from our buyer and he said there is a chance the order will not ship this week due to the holiday. We won't know for sure until Friday. I'll let you know as soon as I hear what the status is...sorry to bear potentially bad news.

Strange how things go.
6/7 is way better for many of us, from listening in to the grapevine.

Perhaps if we get enough people here saying it out loud...

ALERT!! ALL ON BUY #8 PLEASE READ

I just got an email from our buyer and he said there is a chance the order will not ship this week due to the holiday. We won't know for sure until Friday. I'll let you know as soon as I hear what the status is...sorry to bear potentially bad news.

I am all for the later pickup. I can be there that day to assist!

Thanks everyone. All have paid for their portion of the wheat split I started. This grain buy all "heated" up last week when I was very ill so the timing was poor but we all got it worked out. Didn't help that I am a noobie and unsure what all to do! Thanks again Reddskinsfan, ovenfreshbread, and Ldobbs66! ewrzesinski will be there Saturday making sure you get your fair share as I will be busy judging a homebrew comp in Virginia.

Cheers! :mug: :ban:

Jim

Excellent! Glad you've recovered.

Those 3 all marked as "received" 5/27.

6/7 won't work for me. I was going to pick up this weekend for Petey44. Petey44, would you be able to make it on 6/7 for the pickup? If so, would you be willing to pick up a sack and three splits (total: 25# splits) for me? If not, I live in Baltimore and would be willing to drive wherever needed to pick up my grain if someone else wanted to take it for me.

6/7 won't work for me. I was going to pick up this weekend for Petey44. Petey44, would you be able to make it on 6/7 for the pickup? If so, would you be willing to pick up a sack and three splits (total: 25# splits) for me? If not, I live in Baltimore and would be willing to drive wherever needed to pick up my grain if someone else wanted to take it for me.

If he can't I can I'd u want to meet in like Glen burnie

I'll be out of town from 6/6 through the next weekend. I'll arrange something when we find out more info.

Buckets will be a little scarce this time since we move to a new facility. I'm hoping they will use some this week though. I've also asked the manager if they could save all the buckets for me so I don't have to keep checking the labs to find them. Hopefully they will collect them for me so I don't miss any.

I'll be out of town from 6/6 through the next weekend. I'll arrange something when we find out more info.

Buckets will be a little scarce this time since we move to a new facility. I'm hoping they will use some this week though. I've also asked the manager if they could save all the buckets for me so I don't have to keep checking the labs to find them. Hopefully they will collect them for me so I don't miss any.

I can pick up for you if the 7th is pickup day.

:)

If the date moves to June 7, all who go to BAM or do judging that day will be delighted. :ban:

On the flip, side, the Homebrew Guild has their annual picnic at Patapsco Park from 12-6 on June 7. I intend to go there, so I prefer to get out of 3 Stars ASAP.

Either date, starting as early as possible is still best for most of us, I think.

If the date moves to June 7, all who go to BAM or do judging that day will be delighted. :ban:

On the flip, side, the Homebrew Guild has their annual picnic at Patapsco Park from 12-6 on June 7. I intend to go there, so I prefer to get out of 3 Stars ASAP.

Either date, starting as early as possible is still best for most of us, I think.

The early bird catches the grain!

6/7 is not good for those home brewers up near Frederick. That is the day of 4th annual Brewfest at the Farm, a very nice local brew fest with music, beer, AND free homebrew samples!

Cheers,

Jim

6/7 is not good for those home brewers up near Frederick. That is the day of 4th annual Brewfest at the Farm, a very nice local brew fest with music, beer, AND free homebrew samples!

Cheers,

Jim

it starts a noon, same as whatever the 5/31 event is... so no change there :)

looks like Brewfest goes on until 6:00 pm. considering how efficiently Fritz runs the splitting, you'll be back in Frederick before noon anyways!

Guys: We are RUNNING the festival on 6/7, not attending it - there is a big difference.... As much as I do not want to miss time at the BAM festival, pickup this Saturday is MUCH better.

I was under the impression that this was being bumped to the following weekend because the holiday may make it impossible to get delivery this weekend. I don't think we've just decided we like next week better.

Latest posts

Back