DC Area Group Buy #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm willing to take some Munton Dark (5-10#) if we can find a few others to help close that one out.

EDIT: I added 10 pounds for myself. 25 lbs to go on the Munton's Dark. Who? Last day!

Switch my 15# from the Extra Secial to the Munton's Dark. Sorry, but I need the Munton's more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

So about payments:

You can ignore my advice, but the way I have always done this is holding off payment until I close the order. Splits change, people drop out, refunding is a PITA. So I would wait until Fri. night to pay up, to me or any of the splits. I will send out an email on Friday to every primary buyer on the list with instructions on what they owe, how to pay, when to arrive to pickup, etc. With the list online, some of that is overkill, but I am a creature of (bad?) habit so I will probably keep doing what I have been doing.
Remember if you are not the primary buyer on a split, you pay the primary buyer (via paypal if possible). Primary buyer of any splits pays me for the entire sack. Naturally, for any non-split sack you buy, you pay me as well. I pay our middle man, he pays the warehouse. Hope this is clear...

Sorry for being a PITA :( I got antsy and wanted to pay. I won't ignore you next time :)

Switch my 15# from the Extra Secial to the Munton's Dark. Sorry, but I need the Munton's more.

You'll be on for 30# of Muntons Dark now. Is that correct?

EDIT: Briess' Extra Special is like Special B, right?

You'll be on for 30# of Muntons Dark now. Is that correct?

EDIT: Briess' Extra Special is like Special B, right?

Yup, 30#. I want to close that one. It's dark crystal, which I can DEFINITELY use.

The Extra Special was Briess' response to Special B. However, it is NOT the same. I already have Special B (15#) so no real skin off my back for the loss of that grain.

Yup, 30#. I want to close that one. It's dark crystal, which I can DEFINITELY use.

The Extra Special was Briess' response to Special B. However, it is NOT the same. I already have Special B (15#) so no real skin off my back for the loss of that grain.

OK, that sounds familiar. A few of us stocked up on that Château Special B the last time. Tasty stuff!

So we need someone to take the last 10 lbs of Muntons Dark Crystal (135-165°L). Didn't stonebrewer say earlier he was interested in this for another AB brew? <nudge>

OK, that sounds familiar. A few of us stocked up on that Château Special B the last time. Tasty stuff!

So we need someone to take the last 10 lbs of Muntons Dark Crystal (135-165°L). Didn't stonebrewer say earlier he was interested in this for another AB brew? <nudge>

I'll swap the Extra special for the Muntons then, too. But I don't need 10# right now but will take it if nobody else does by closing. LET'S EFFING TO THIS!!! :tank:

I'll swap the Extra special for the Muntons then, too. But I don't need 10# right now but will take it if nobody else does by closing. LET'S EFFING TO THIS!!! :tank:

Removed the Extra Special from the order and split lists.
5# of Dark added. 5 pounds left for grabs.

I will take 5# of acidulated malt.
Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Added. 30# to go on that one...

As noted I will take the 30#, but if anyone wants to take any of it, just let me know. There is still 5# available too.

@Tony:

Did you ever get info about whether 3 Stars can assist us with hop orders too? Just curious.

Yes. I will review the prices again, but if I recall correctly they were higher than I pay for hops mail order so I didn't bother posting them. Will double check though as I am going from my somewhat faulty memory banks...:drunk:

REMINDER: Buy ends tonight! Frits please do not add anyone after midnight tonight. Email will go out in the AM on what to do (payment, pickup, etc).

Cheers!

You heard is from the boss. All orders in by midnight EDT. 4 hours left to complete your orders.

We got 3 splits and 80 lbs to go:
  • Briess Crystal 120L - 40lb
  • Muntons Dark Crystal - 5lb or more*
  • Weyermann Acidulated - 35lb

* Don't let reddskinnfan gobble up all that Dark Crystal.
If push comes to shove, I'll take the last 5# to close the deal. I know you'll be begging us to share at the pickup. I just know. Same happened with the Honey Malt last time.

I've grabbed the last 5# of the Dark Crystal so the sack goes on the tally and order.

If anyone wants some from redd or me, let us know and we'll reappropriate the splits.

If masonsjax wants some C120 I can shed at least 5 from what I got back in January.

I've grabbed the last 5# of the Dark Crystal so the sack goes on the tally and order.

If anyone wants some from redd or me, let us know and we'll reappropriate the splits.

If masonsjax wants some C120 I can shed at least 5 from what I got back in January.

I have some C120, too, from a personal split that BigBeavK and I did. :drunk:

11th hour addition:

1 sack of Flaked Oats 3205D for me.

Looks like we'll have 39 bags in this order. Get ready for more brewing!

A little c120 goes a long way. I appreciate the offers and if reddskinnfan has a couple pounds to spare, that should be easy enough to work out, thanks.

Islandlizard, if you dont need all of those flaked oats, I wouldn't mind 10-15#. If you'll use it all, that's fine too.

I think there was a mistake on spreadsheet. I had asked for 5# acidulated but I think it was logged in under the person next to me on the chart.

A little c120 goes a long way. I appreciate the offers and if reddskinnfan has a couple pounds to spare, that should be easy enough to work out, thanks.

Islandlizard, if you dont need all of those flaked oats, I wouldn't mind 10-15#. If you'll use it all, that's fine too.

You got your 15# of oats. If that's too much let me know. I turned it into a split, since all was taken up front. Easier to distribute.

I think there was a mistake on spreadsheet. I had asked for 5# acidulated but I think it was logged in under the person next to me on the chart.

Let me look into that. Sweetcell had ordered it too. I'll post back.

OK found the answer.

The cell got blanked inadvertently while I did a couple undos.
After I removed the "Extra Special" line Google Docs played havoc with the formulas. Had to restore that.
You're 5# are back on and there's again 30# left. Sorry about that, and thanks for double checking!

Now that sack is not filled, so it may be all immaterial, huh?
Anyone wants to take the 30# balance of acidulated?

OK we are closing this puppy down. Two splits were not closed, the C120 and the acidulated. I will move them to the next buy as I still want the acidulated. If you guys don't want the 120, let me know otherwise it pushes to the next buy which will likely end in May. I will be sending an email to all the primary people this morning with further directions. Cheers all and way to close this one out!

Payment is due today! Currently only 4 people have made payment: shoshin, funnycreature, novahokie09, and IslandLizard.

Funnycreature: the amount you sent is $47.25 less than the spreadsheet. Please check.

Everyone else, please get the payment to me today so I can place the order. No payment and I will be forced to remove your sacks from this buy. reddskinnfan I have you covered.

Note: The spreadsheet seems to have a bug in it. I found 4 or 5 of the calculated amounts owed were one cent high. Not a big deal, but an oddity that I detected when verifying the sheet for accuracy. Guess we should report this to Google.

Order is most likely going in before 9PM tonight, so please get your account square by sending me some paypal or making other arrangements.

Pickup will be next Saturday and you either have to be there in person or notify Frits or I who is pickup up your stuff. Thanks!!

[...] Note: The spreadsheet seems to have a bug in it. I found 4 or 5 of the calculated amounts owed were one cent high. Not a big deal, but an oddity that I detected when verifying the sheet for accuracy. Guess we should report this to Google.[...]

It's not the GDocs spreadsheet or the calculations.

There are some weird numbers in the sack pricing, Column C, like this:
WEY1003 Weyermann® Pilsner 25 Kg (55 Lb.) $44.16
That value actually is 44.1649999999999 (!)

Add 2 of those up and there's your extra penny.

Most values there are 2 hard decimals but some are like that^
Can you take a look at the original you got from 3Stars. If that's not 2 decimals, maybe it's a conversion oddity Excel > GDocs?

Shoshin: You sent me a payment for $22.10, but owe $38.34. Please send the additional $16.24, ASAP.

Frits: Thanks for your payment! :rockin:

Tony: I will deduct the $5.58 for what I owe you.

Jason: Still waiting on the $33.26 owed.

Funnycreature: Go ahead and send me the PayPal for the $5.11 that you owe, it will just make things easier to track.

BigBeavK: We are squared up (from that Pils and C120 we split up).

Robfar: Thanks for your payment! :rockin:

Ovenfresh: Still waiting for the $5.58 owed.

Stuppy: Still waiting for the $22.10 owed.

CaptainAl: Still waiting for the $22.42 owed.

Payment should be made to [email protected], via PayPal. Please ensure you send it as "Friend or Family".

Thanks to all. Let's get these tabs all paid up so the grain order gets sent in!

Please Note:

I've removed the 2 incomplete splits, so the split tallies are accurate for this buy.

Please check your order and amounts due.
If you see anything wrong let me know ASAP.

I got payments from:
- IslandLizard
- bigbeavk
- masonsjax
- robfar
- shoshin

Thanks guys!

@stonebrewer - I sent you an email asking for clarification of the difference in payment.

Shoshin: You sent me a payment for $22.10, but owe $38.34. Please send the additional $16.24, ASAP.

Frits: Thanks for your payment! :rockin:

Tony: I will deduct the $5.58 for what I owe you.

Jason: Still waiting on the $33.26 owed.

Funnycreature: Go ahead and send me the PayPal for the $5.11 that you owe, it will just make things easier to track.

BigBeavK: We are squared up (from that Pils and C120 we split up).

Robfar: Thanks for your payment! :rockin:

Ovenfresh: Still waiting for the $5.58 owed.

Stuppy: Still waiting for the $22.10 owed.

CaptainAl: Still waiting for the $22.42 owed.

Payment should be made to [email protected], via PayPal. Please ensure you send it as "Friend or Family".

Thanks to all. Let's get these tabs all paid up so the grain order gets sent in!

Frits,

Mark the following buyers paid for what they owe me:

Frits
Stonebrewer
Masonjax
Funnycreature
BigBeavK
Robfar
Stuppy

-Mike
I am just waiting for CaptainAl, Ovenfresh and Shoshin (partially paid).

Frits,

Mark the following buyers paid for what they owe me:

Frits
Stonebrewer
Masonjax
Funnycreature
BigBeavK
Robfar
Stuppy

-Mike
I am just waiting for CaptainAl, Ovenfresh and Shoshin (partially paid).

I marked those 7 paid, they're "green"

If all recipients send me an email or a post here I'll mark those "paid" on the spreadsheet. Green fields are good.

Regarding prep work and distribution next week.

Let's hope we get all the grains we ordered. Torrified wheat was missing from the previous one.
I'll take care of the splits prep. Tony will oversee the whole sacks distro, as usual.

Just like last time, I'll prepare the split labels and split reconciliation sheets for each buyer.

@Tony, there's no need to fill in the Distro sheet for the splits.

If there's a couple of you that want to pick up some of these free screw top buckets before next week just PM me. I can get another dozen or 2 from work this week so there is plenty to go around. I have about 30 3.5 gallon ones that hold 20lbs of grain, a couple 5gal and a couple 1.5 gal :D

Back