DC Area Group Buy #13

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any updates on the buy close date?

Usually depends on the volume. Not many splits this time. I am thinking about 10 more sacks and we should wrap this up. Have 4 open splits that we need to fill:

15 Brown
10 Rye
15 Acidulated
40 MO

If these fill quickly and we add some more full sacks, we can probably close in a few weeks??

Count me in for:

1 x Simpsons Finest Pale Ale Golden Promise 25 kg (55lb) SIM1002

Also, on the splits I will take:

10# Weyermann Pale Rye 25kg
5# Weyermann Acidulated 25kg

If we end up in need of closing out the MO at the end I could be talked into it but I don't really need it at this point. I will keep an eye on it and grab up 10 - 20 of it if we are getting eager to close.

Thanks guys!

Not and order, just an observation.

I was looking at the grain sheet and there's two listings for the Avangard Munich with different SKU but identical descriptions.

Researching it, i.e. googling and taking the first result, it seems the 1854C is dark; the 1856C is light.

Good evening,
After substantial brewing these past few weeks my inventory is running low. I'd like to add the following to the order:
CRI1001 CRISP FINEST MARIST OTTER I'll finish the split of the 40 remaining pounds from Pikevillebrew

Full bags of the following (1 each):
RAH1002 RAHR STANDARD 2 ROW
1850C AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM PILSEN
1854c AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM MUNICH

Is there an anticipated order/pick-up date yet?
Sorry I haven't been following the forum as closely as usual and haven't dug through the 8 pages so I apologize in advance if it is already out there.

Prost,
Michael
(4minmile)

BrewSavage: Thanks! I updated the descriptions to match your findings.
izzie: based on the above, did you want the light munich still?
ptrack: order added - please double check the sheet
4minmile: order added - ditto

As far as when this will close, really up to people ordering. I would like to do at least 40 or 50 sacks to make it worth the time. We are getting close with 34 sacks and 2 splits that I think will close soon. With so few splits, it should make this an easy order to knock out as well.

Not and order, just an observation.

I was looking at the grain sheet and there's two listings for the Avangard Munich with different SKU but identical descriptions.

Researching it, i.e. googling and taking the first result, it seems the 1854C is dark; the 1856C is light.

Similarly with the Avangard Caramel listings: 1858C is light (8L) and 1860C is medium (30L)

With the clarification of SRM I'd like to change my bag of Munich from the dark variety to the light variety 1856C vice the 1854C I have currently placed.

Many thanks,
Michael

Hi Stonebrewer, I'll be in DC from mid-Sept to Oct 18. Depending on the timing, will either jump in on this buy or the #14 buy. I'm guessing the latter, but just wanted to gauge your estimate on close date. Thanks!

Hi Stonebrewer, I'll be in DC from mid-Sept to Oct 18. Depending on the timing, will either jump in on this buy or the #14 buy. I'm guessing the latter, but just wanted to gauge your estimate on close date. Thanks!
stoney will need to provide the final word, but i'm fairly confident in saying that buy #14 will not close & be delivered by Oct 18.

given our plodding pace, i'd put my money on you being able to get in on #13.

yes - trusted to drink it, then say thanks and possibly offer some feedback and/or ask you questions about your process (AKA "how the hell did you make this?!?!?")

I am all about repeatability! Especially when someone asks, how did you come up with this....

J/K, of course.

No new orders in a few days. I thought I'd bump the thread for some visibility. There is still 15 lbs on the Crisp Brown Split and 10 on the Aciduated Malt Split.

A couple of new folks joined this week, but I would venture only about 1 in 4 ever order. Good idea bumping the thread...I will try to keep it active by posting status. If we close those last splits soon and get about 4-5 more sacks I would be inclined to shut this down and order.

I'm planning to order within the next few days but was hoping to get a better idea on timing. Based on what some have said, this buy is the best bet. I'm hoping that I'll be around this time so that I can lend a hand at 3 stars.

Re: crisp brown is that at all like chocolate malt or is it entirely different?

OK then, we are going to close this buy next weekend. Please get your PayPal funds to me by SAT morning at 9AM on 22 AUG 15. Just send all funds to me, whole sacks and splits, and I will make sure everything checks with the spreadsheet.

Two splits left: Crisp Brown 15# and Acidulated 10#. If no one wants the acidulated, I will close that out on SAT as I use it to adjust my PH in the mash...have a bunch, but it doesn't go bad ;>. If folks could gobble up the rest of the Brown, that would be awesome.

Watch this space over the next week for closing details!

Cheers!

NOTE: I changed the sheet a bit to make it easier on you. I added your total cost on the one sheet, so you do not have to add in the splits to your full sacks. And if you only have splits, it is on the order sheet as well with your split cost.

OK, here's my order, but I'm aware that I may lose out on the new splits and have to "fold" if no one else wants the rest. (I'm flexible to take more or less of them if that convinces anyone else to join in.) BTW, are we doing hop orders? No one seems to be buying them. Stonebrewer, I'll take half of the remaining acidulated and you can take the other half.

Full bags SKU Name
1 RAH1008 Rahr White Wheat 50 lb
2 1850C AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM PILSEN 55 lb

SPLITS
10# 1937C BRIESS CHOCOLATE MALT 50 LB
20# WEY1017 Weyermann Munich Type 1 25 kg (55 lb)
20# BRI1035 Briess 2-Row Caramel 40L 50 lb
5# WEY1072 Weyermann Acidulated 25 kg (55 lb)

Thanks!

Off topic:

Does anyone have a 20-30 gallon pot that they aren't using and are willing to part with, at a reasonable cost?

PM me and let me know.

Back