Dark Lord 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my first DLD. It was also my first beer festival. We grabbed a shuttle from Chicago and got there around noon. HUGE line at the North entrance, but we knew it would be a day of lines. The rain and cold sucked, but what started as a "wtf did we get ourselves into" eventually turned into a great time. The people watching was stellar, the variety of beer was great (remember, it was my first beer festival) and sharing with people was better than I thought it would be. I took bombers of MBCP, Last Snow and Iron and Barleywine from Funky Buddha, so if you got a pour of those while in line or walking around it may have been from my wife and I. We were Group D and decided to leave right after we got our bottles.

Overall we had a blast even though we weren't there for long, and now that I've experienced what its like I think I could do more next year that I couldn't/didn't do this time. And I've already traded some of my bottles for beers that have been hard for me to get. Great experience that could be even better if the weather cooperates a bit more.

...could be even better if the weather cooperates a bit more.
OsnqxzF.gif
but that's the only thing you can count on at DLD :)

DLD vets: would you assume DLD 2017 will be April 22 or April 29? What do they typically do, last Saturday of April?

Planning a road trip out for it and I want to buy Hamilton tickets in Chicago. Need to do that sooner than later, cause Hamilton.

Also, you're not going to believe this, but Three Floyd's hasn't answered a couple emails I've sent asking if they know the date yet.

Also I happen to be at Three Floyds at the moment and two bartenders told me that's what they've heard, and they can't take vacation that weekend because of it.

Apparently it's not set in stone due to licensing / permits / etc, but sounds like that will be the tentative date.

Oh FFS. Anyway, I had some nice timing here to ask this question one day and have it answered by a FFF facebook post a day later.

I was wondering if it's not going to be at the brewery. Not sure why else they'd move the date. They seem to give zero fuxx on all that other noise (weather and whatnot).

They have started construction on a huge new project of some kind across Calument from Three Floyds, and I know in the past they inquired with Munster about the feasibility of having DLD over there.

Imagine how pissed you gotta be if you reserved a room a year ahead already. The fury of the internet should be great.

Aren't they non refundable too? I thought the Hotels were doing that.
Free cancellation until 05/11/2017
  • If you change or cancel your booking after 6:00 PM, 05/11/2017 ((GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)) you will be charged for 1 night (including tax)
We will not be able to refund any payment for no-shows or early check-out.

There is no charge for canceling this reservation.

Latest posts

Back