Dammit, the flip-flops are back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So there I was, driving past the prep school near my house when I saw them. Four young men, collars up (ugh), khakis and ... FLIP-FLOPS. The horror.

God, I hate those damn things. When did they become appropriate footwear? Yeah, I want to look at your gnarly friggin' toes when I'm doing my grocery shopping. :mad:

The women in my office can wear flip-flops with nary a word said to them. But God forbid one of the men arrive without a button-down, collared shirt.

Forget terrorism. Wage war on flip-flops. It is our (my) duty.

You're just old. I suppose you get offended when there's not a penny in my loafers too :p
I wear flip flops 90% of the time in summer when not at work.

I wear flipflops when I am on the beach and by the pool and that is about it. I just don't see how they are comfortable.

Hey, man, like chill. Flips are just a mellow way of saying that we all need to get back to the garden of Eden. Back to a more peaceful and natural way of living. We all jus tneed to love each other, and take care of each other. Maybe if you see dirty feet you will feel compelled to offer to wash those feet for the other person. Like, we all just need to wash each others' feet, man.

I'd rather be barefoot than anything (grew up on the beach in HB, CA) but since I can't most of the time, I'll wear my sandals as much as possible.

Uh, you might want to avoid Florida (and most of the southern US).
Oh, I avoid Florida as much as I can. Unfortunately, my brother and mother both live there.

Neither one wears flip-flops.

It's not just a warm-weather thing. I've seen flip-flops in the winter here. Brilliant.

Warning: Extremely Hot and Sexy Flip Flops Below - Do Not Scroll Down If Your Sensibilities are Delicate!

flip_flop_pron.jpg

Meh....any movement worth it's salt must have a Facebook page for like-minded flip flop haters people to declare their undying devotion to said cause with "like" buttons. ;)

Like flip flops, your group is simply a fad.:D

you do this every year...how is that you can't grasp the radical concept that they are not a fashion statement and most people wear them out of convenience. No socks and you dont have to use your hands.

What you should be protesting is people who where socks with sandals...like tevas. Horrid!

I do agree flip-flops year round is super *****ey, but in the summer when its hot? c'mon

Warning: Extremely Hot and Sexy Flip Flops Below - Do Not Scroll Down If Your Sensibilities are Delicate!

flip_flop_pron.jpg

#1 these are NOT flip flops.

#2 i don't know where the thread is, but i do recall around this time last year, or maybe two years ago, being heavily involved in, or i may have even started it, a thread somewhere around here displaying my hatred for flip flops. only my hatred today, is still just like it was back then, COMPLETELY sexist. flip flops on dudes is fine with me. WOMEN should NOT be allowed to wear them, and i have even considered running for office, for the sole reason (huh huh, i said sole) of passing this into law.

womens legs are damned sexy. a flip flop has ZERO lift. they make the leg look shorter, fatter, less shapely, and all around worse. if i were president, i would make heels and/or wedges of at least 3 inches MANDITORY on all women of the world. nothing, i repeat NOTHING pisses me off more, than seeing a hot girl, in little sexy booty shorts, or a short sexy skirt, wearing GOD DAMNED MOTHER EFFING FLIP FLOPS.

oh btw, long time lurker, first time poster. nice little place you all seem to have here.

If you feel this strongly on flip flops, I'd love to hear your opinion on Five Fingers:
vibram_five_fingers.jpg

(I do agree with you though. Flip flops are for the beach!)

Some ******* wore those things to the gym the other day. I'd have pounded him if he weren't putting up 315 on the bench. :eek::p

Ah Ha!! Here's the old rant! Bathing suits haven't come out yet this year!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/scourges-summer-heavy-girls-bikinis-flip-flops-127047/

They will, and I'll be bahk. :D

I wear flipflops when I am on the beach and by the pool and that is about it. I just don't see how they are comfortable.
You don't put them on for marathons, you put them on so you can easily take them back off ....and back on.....and .....

I knew I could count on you.
The movement shall be called EFF OFF. Energetic Folks Fighting to Outlaw Flip-Flops.

All in favor?
Nay.

It's not just a warm-weather thing. I've seen flip-flops in the winter here. Brilliant.
I wore flip flops year round in college. Saved me from having to wash socks.

We can grandfather Crocs in, especially the Crocs that appear on grandfathers.
I will join this part, but don't lump them with flip flops.

when it's warm out, I come home from work and put flip flops on immediately ... and honestly I hate wearing socks.
+1 to this.

Not mine, but I love that guy all of a sudden (despite his referencing zombies, another of my ridiculous pet peeves). :D

Would it be fair to say that one of the most irritating things that you could ever see would be a female zombie wearing flip flops to work in the middle of winter?

Would it be fair to say that one of the most irritating things that you could ever see would be a female zombie wearing flip flops to work in the middle of winter?

I think it would be a female talking about how cool zombies are while wearing flip flops to work in the middle of winter.

I too share the the annoyance of the popularity of Zombies. Nothing against the zombie, they did nothing wrong, just those that idolize the living dead.

I think it would be a female talking about how cool zombies are while wearing flip flops to work in the middle of winter.

I too share the the annoyance of the popularity of Zombies. Nothing against the zombie, they did nothing wrong, just those that idolize the living dead.
I have nothing against zombies, but rather the fascination with them.

As for flip-flops, doesn't matter who's wearing them, I hate them. I hate when my wife wears them, I hate when my kids wear them. Wear them to the beach and the nasty shower at the gym, not to church, not to the store, not to work.

So there I was, driving past the prep school near my house when I saw them. Four young men, collars up (ugh), khakis and ... FLIP-FLOPS. The horror.

God, I hate those damn things. When did they become appropriate footwear? Yeah, I want to look at your gnarly friggin' toes when I'm doing my grocery shopping. :mad:

The women in my office can wear flip-flops with nary a word said to them. But God forbid one of the men arrive without a button-down, collared shirt.

Forget terrorism. Wage war on flip-flops. It is our (my) duty.

Nothing wrong with flip flops. And my feet appreciate the open air as does my family after a day of wearing shoes.

I do share your rant about work dress policy. Women can wear Capri's but men are not allowed to wear even long shorts. Yet, we have a casual dress policy. T-shirts are allowed but not preferred.

Nothing wrong with flip flops. And my feet appreciate the open air as does my family after a day of wearing shoes.

I do share your rant about work dress policy. Women can wear Capri's but men are not allowed to wear even long shorts. Yet, we have a casual dress policy. T-shirts are allowed but not preferred.

Ah the joys of working from home. Pajama bottoms, no shirt, dog on floor next to me.

Flippers are the de facto footwear here in SoCal.

Easy-on, easy-off. Just keep your toenails trimmed.

My feet have tan lines.

If you feel this strongly on flip flops, I'd love to hear your opinion on Five Fingers:
vibram_five_fingers.jpg

(I do agree with you though. Flip flops are for the beach!)
http://www.nielshoven.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/vibram_five_fingers.jpg

DUDE!@ its like they are soks n shoes and gloves on your feet. WOWEE! thats what shoes would have ben invented as if eopl could have mde that when they investn soes. !
Those are killer. where do I et them all like pokemons!
I was goin to egt grocks thuinkihn they were a good slip on and off shoe for the ard but they want $40 + forthose thing! lik a nut I aint paying that. Flippy floppies hurt the web of my toe. thye ar enot for ducks.

DUDE!@ its like they are soks n shoes and gloves on your feet. WOWEE! thats what shoes would have ben invented as if eopl could have mde that when they investn soes. !
I was goin to egt grocks thuinkihn they were a good slip on and off shoe for the ard but they want $40 + forthose thing! lik a nut I aint paying that. Flippy floppies hurt the web of my toe. thye ar enot for ducks.

Preach it!! It's also pretty difficult getting your toes into the right spots on the five fingers. I admit I have a pair that I bought as a water shoe for a trip to Hawaii. I'm not a fan of them but they kept me from cutting my feet when swimming under the waterfalls.

(sigged)

Flippy floppies. Not for ducks.:rockin:

I almost fell out of my chair.

Back