Dammit, the flip-flops are back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man I just don't GET flip flops. If you can wear them, great....but I've got a pair of mandals that I feel like every time I take a step I'm fighting to not send them flying off my feet into the eye of a young child.

I do wear a pair of sandals with a strap on the back of the heel though... great in the summer because you don't need socks and eff it, I'll show off my ugly scarred feet and nine toes dangit! :rockin:

I can't stand them. I told my wife that I could never wear them because they feel like they are going to come off on every step, or I have to pinch my toes to keep them on. She just looked at me like I was insane. And the south can have their flip flops. I'll keep my dental hygiene.

When you are subjected to white socks and sandals in November flip flops will cease to be a problem for you.

I'm with Shecky on this one. We should start a regional meeting.

At my last job in Bridgeport CT (a completely urban community), there were a few girls who would wear them to work. An email went out and thankfully it stopped.

People need to realize what is and what isn't appropriate for certain places. Flip flops are perfectly acceptable when you're relaxing at home, on vacation on a beach somewhere or at a lake. Hell, even on a boat. At the office, no. In a city environment, no. Granted, maybe it's more acceptable in city environments in the south or in CA, but in the Northeast, if you're in Boston or NYC, you deserve to get your feet stepped on.

GAHHH!

I've noticed most people with a flip flop phobia live north of the mason dixon line. Why is that?

This thread isn't the first time I've noticed that. Come live down here and tell me you won't wear flip-flops or sandals whenever you get the chance. I've invested more in several good pairs of Chaco sandals and flip-flops than I have regular shoes.

This thread isn't the first time I've noticed that. Come live down here and tell me you won't wear flip-flops or sandals whenever you get the chance. I've invested more in several good pairs of Chaco sandals and flip-flops than I have regular shoes.

Sandals are ok. Having that thing between your toes is like wearing a thong. It's just "wrong". Uh... Not that I have ever worn a thong...

feet are all disgusting. any 'shoe' that reveals more foot than necessary is from the devil.
and if i had a picture of my horrid monkey toes, i would post it and prove my point.

I make sure to scrub my feet extra well before my massage and I also keep my feet very clean. I've only had atheletes foot once in my life and never had any other problems like that. All my friends have those problems and I live with some of them, so it's not spreading. I'm assuming they don't actually sit down in the shower and scrub their feet when they take a shower. I don't like stinky feet...I guess I'm kinda dedicated to keeping them clean.

I do need to clip some toenails, though. I'm runnin' outta socks!

Y'know, my python boot is too tight
I couldn't get it off last night
A week went by, an now it's July
I finally got it off
And my girlfriend cried

I've been wearing my thongs for the past 2 weeks now. Nobody has said anything to me about it in public. Probably because most others are wearing them too.

Thongs = flip flops

Back