Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheMan said:
To start...

Midnight Sun berserker
Bruery fruet
Toppling goliath assassin, mornin delight, Kentucky brunch imperial stout, norsemans wrath
Surly seviin
Goose island bramble rye
Cigar city huna
Allagash fv13
Allagash coolship
Dark lord (pre 2013)
Olde hickory event horizon
Freetail la Muerte, ananke
Hoppin frog Bairille Aois B.O.R.I.S

Bump

I was gonna say...I never got any mice from mikeysab in any of my trades with him. Otherwise I'd be jealous.

So I really want to get involved in this MAW deal. Is there a minimum number of items on a wishlist that need to be fufilled in order for it to work? I mean, I can see that a lot of people throw in extras, which I am happy to do as well, but I want to know what the expectations have been for getting the wishlist filled. Approximately. :)

So I really want to get involved in this MAW deal. Is there a minimum number of items on a wishlist that need to be fufilled in order for it to work? I mean, I can see that a lot of people throw in extras, which I am happy to do as well, but I want to know what the expectations have been for getting the wishlist filled. Approximately. :)

The only requirement is that you can send two of the beers on the list. That's it. Extras are encouraged, but not required lol

2 is the official rule. Seems more is the new normal, even if it's random extras!
Edit* I was beat by TheMan!

Bumping the list.

Midnight Sun berserker
Bruery fruet, bois variant (not standard)
Toppling goliath assassin, mornin delight, Kentucky brunch imperial stout, norsemans wrath
Surly seviin
Goose island bramble rye
Cigar city huna
Allagash fv13
Allagash coolship
Dark lord (pre 2013)
Thirsty dog Siberian night, Wulver (ba or reg for both)
Deschutes the dissident
Captain Lawrence Rosso e Marrone
New glarus thumbprint
Ithaca brute

Not to derail the thread too much, but a list of the most commonly requested (easier) beers would be great for those of us that are beer disadvantaged. Especially when we travel to other areas (I am in Texas right now), but don't get much in North Dakota.

It is what it is. Make a wish. If homey wants whales, that's his wish. Not that the current list is whales by any means, but it's his wish.
I got one of these, so I wait for another...

Not to derail the thread too much, but a list of the most commonly requested (easier) beers would be great for those of us that are beer disadvantaged. Especially when we travel to other areas (I am in Texas right now), but don't get much in North Dakota.

If you're in Texas, try to pick up some ru-55 from jester king. Maybe even some of the new sours that were recently released.

thatjonguy said:

I think he wants a list if what to buy, not an easier wish list.

In Texas I would say check out Jester King. Tasty beers (if you like sours) and I think some specific beers of theirs have come up. KBS and bourbon county stout have also made a few lists and are found more easily in some areas.

I scroll through the pages of this thread. You'll see everyones lists. you'll see trends. This is kinda how I generate my own list lol. There are a few I've been wanting for a while, but the rest are just ideas I took from others lists.

thatjonguy said:

Best post of this thread!! Ha
Did you read the title of this thread?
Normally after acouple of days, people will put up a couple of "easier" to get there maw..
Patience..

Best post of this thread!! Ha
Did you read the title of this thread?
Normally after acouple of days, people will put up a couple of "easier" to get there maw..
Patience..

If course I did. When I get out if ND I try to hunt down beer for myself and my friends. Guess I will just grab a case of Cantillion abd Saison Dupont.

Since there are very few beers in North Dakota that are special.

Just looked up north Dakota...yikes. Your best bet is maybe finding some bells expedition stout and using the cantillon to trade for more rare beers. The saison DuPont isn't likely to get you anything. It's pretty widely distributed. Not a lot going on in the nd beer scene it seems.

P.s. which cantillon are we talking about here?

thatjonguy said:

If course I did. When I get out if ND I try to hunt down beer for myself and my friends. Guess I will just grab a case of Cantillion abd Saison Dupont.

Since there are very few beers in North Dakota that are special.

Well, if you are able to get anything Cantillon by the case, I'd say that's a great start. You can hoard half of it and trade the other half out for other rare, hard to get, and/or sought after beers. While you're in TX, as already suggested, pick up some Jester King or St Arnold. Those don't seem to appear too much on MAW lists, but are great beers and have trade value--again, can probably land you some bottles that are frequently seen on MAW lists.

I understand you may have less access in ND, I don't think any of us could take any of these lists to the bottle shop and really expect to find two listed beers just sitting on the shelves, no matter where we are located (although sometimes it happens). Many of us have been building up our cellars for years and this is where a lot (maybe not all) of the MAW hits are coming from. For instance, one of the extras I sent skeezerpleezer was a 2011 Weyerbacher Blasphemy. Not necessarily a hard to get beer, but one I've been sitting on for two years.

I'm sure you already know how this works and you probably have a cellar of your own; I'm just trying to help. :D As for a list of what people are looking for, read the thread and find the wish lists that have been posted; I don't think anybody here is going to do your homework for you.

After a quick scan of seekabrew, I see at least three breweries available in ND that appear on a lot of wish lists. If you haven't already, I'd recommend following them on twitter, subscribe to their email newsletters, or however you like to get your information. That may help you to learn about special releases, etc. And as mentioned earlier in this thread, nothing beats building a relationship with your retailer for getting a jump on special releases that he may get in but that never make it to the shelves.

I took your question as "how to get into the game." Hopefully I read it correctly; I just gave you a few tactics to that end. Hope it helps. Hope to see you jumping in on this soon!

Cheers! :mug:

Found a box of goodies on my doorstep today from disturbdchemist. That's two Jester Kings from my wish list, plus five local Texas beers, a Karbach glass and some stickers.

Oh yeah, and some ketchup...

Thanks Dustin! :rockin:

disturbdchemist.jpg

Found a box of goodies on my doorstep today from disturbdchemist. That's two Jester Kings from my wish list, plus five local Texas beers, a Karbach glass and some stickers.

Oh yeah, and some ketchup...

Thanks Dustin! :rockin:

Glad all made it safely. Enjoy them man. Let me jnow what you think of them

mikeysab said:
I want ketchup

NormPeterson said:
I want stickers tooo!

Ya. I definitely got hooked up.

Now who's gonna hook up this guy:

TheMan said:
Bumping the list.

Midnight Sun berserker
Bruery fruet, bois variant (not standard)
Surly seviin
Goose island bramble rye
Cigar city huna
Allagash fv13
Allagash coolship
Dark lord (pre 2013)
Thirsty dog Siberian night, Wulver (ba or reg for both)
Deschutes the dissident
Captain Lawrence Rosso e Marrone
New glarus thumbprint
Ithaca brute

Dude, cantillon is gold to me. I would be more than happy to get as much from you as possible. Any cantillon, actually.

I got hosed by the liquor store, they "accidentally" sold what they said they were holding. I will let you know when I get some more.

I got hosed by the liquor store, they "accidentally" sold what they said they were holding. I will let you know when I get some more.

I didn't think Shelton Bros even distributes to ND, do they? That liquor store might have been blowing smoke about sitting on a 'case of Cantillon'...

I didn't think Shelton Bros even distributes to ND, do they? That liquor store might have been blowing smoke about sitting on a 'case of Cantillon'...

B. united might run through there. But yea, I can't really see any store in the U.S. getting Cantillon by the case. Buy I can't really call them out on that, I haven't been anywhere near ND.

Latest posts

Back