Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a bunch of stuff for your box today Roger, almost screwed up by posting a picture in the other thread. I think you'll enjoy what I've picked out.

Sent from my H4X0r3D Nexus 7

Ha! I almost did the same thing for a surprise box I'm sending out at some point.

BTW, that box brewbien got is floccing awesome. DL and Hunah! Especially if it's a '14 Hunah, you had to survive a riot to get that!

I just drank my '11 DL a couple months ago and it is amazing right now. Drink it!

Sweet, here we go.

Cantillon: Fou Foune, Any LP, St Lam, Blaeber

Allagash: Any Coolship

The Bruery: Bottleworks XII, Wineification

Lost Abbey: Duck Duck Gooze, Cable Car

3 Floyds: Any BA Dark Lord

Drie Fonteinen: Framboos, A&T, Herfst

Russian River: Beatification, FFAC, T25, Any 3L(;))

New Glarus: Very Sour Blackberry

Jester King: Aurelian Lure, Nocturn Chrysalis, Cerveza de Tempranillo, Montmorency vs Balaton

Portsmouth: Kate The Great, Double Oaked Kate

The Rare Barrel(Growlers?): Ensorcelled, Wise Guise

Cigar City: DB Hunahpu

Foothills: BA Sexual Chocolate

HF: Ann, Norma

Side Project: Brett Project, Brett Venture, Fuzzy, Pulling Nails or Saison Du Fermier

Cascade: Bottleworks XIV

Monday morning bump

Allagash: Any Coolship

The Bruery: Bottleworks XII, Wineification

3 Floyds: Any BA Dark Lord, Murda'd Out

Drie Fonteinen: Framboos, A&T, Herfst

New Glarus: Very Sour Blackberry

Jester King: Aurelian Lure, Nocturn Chrysalis, Cerveza de Tempranillo, Montmorency vs Balaton

Cigar City: DB Hunahpu, BA Hunahpu

HF: Ann, Norma, Prolegomena

Side Project: Any

SARA: Cask 200, West Ashley, Appreciation

De Garde: Lily, Vin Lee, Lee Noir

Added a couple for my MAW and Roger's should be going out today. All packed up and ready. Just need to find the time to get to FedEx.

2014-04-01 12.13.08.jpg

Tracking info sent to Roger.

So I am now the only one to post in here 3 days in a row :(

It hasn't even been a week yet I suppose, if needed I'll add some more tomorrow.

There are only a couple beers on the list that I have seen people give up. I think there are a few that are doable, but its unlikely anyone has 2 off that list. I'd let it ride until tomorrow then add like you said. I am 1/2 way there.

I just reread my post and didn't want to make it sound like I was complaining, definitely not. Obviously put my top wants first, which are also obviously harder to fulfill. Will probably end up expanding later tonight

Also, i'm kind of pissed that I didn't wait till tomorrow to ship Rogers MAW. I have at least 4 bottles of KBS locked up I believe for today (every darn place is 1 or 2 bottle limit). I would have added a bottle of that too. Although being from Indiana, you probably have just as much if not better distro than I do.

I don't think anyone took it as complaining, no worries there!

And I've got nothin on this list as well.

I heard Indiana got half the allotment this year of KBS that we got last year. But that all just rumors as far as I know. My first MAW granted by beermeduffman included a KBS, and it was pretty tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

There are only a couple beers on the list that I have seen people give up. I think there are a few that are doable, but its unlikely anyone has 2 off that list. I'd let it ride until tomorrow then add like you said. I am 1/2 way there.

I think you mean it's unlikely anyone would who has 2 off the list would unlikely give them up. I've got 6 off the list (not bragging) but I'm thinking! I haven't had any of them before so it makes it tough!

I think you mean it's unlikely anyone would who has 2 off the list would unlikely give them up. I've got 6 off the list (not bragging) but I'm thinking! I haven't had any of them before so it makes it tough!

You will have a couple more in a couple days :), I don't think you have had them either though

Yes, you better said what I meant.

I heard Indiana got half the allotment this year of KBS that we got last year. But that all just rumors as far as I know. My first MAW granted by beermeduffman included a KBS, and it was pretty tasty!

KBS is maw worthy or just a good extra?

I placed it on my MAW list, but Im also a MAW noobie, plus it hadnt come out this year yet. This brings up a good point though. Since its quite available now, could you put a 4-pack of KBS on a MAW list?

They expanded distribution this year (Texas and I think Florida) so that definitely reduced the amount that went out.

I placed it on my MAW list, but Im also a MAW noobie, plus it hadnt come out this year yet. This brings up a good point though. Since its quite available now, could you put a 4-pack of KBS on a MAW list?

I've seen several people with 4 to 6 bottles, but around Philly that will be tough. Most places are limiting to 1 or 2 (and even then selling out in 30 minutes) so you'd have to be traveling all over to get a bunch.

They expanded distribution this year (Texas and I think Florida) so that definitely reduced the amount that went out.

I've seen several people with 4 to 6 bottles, but around Philly that will be tough. Most places are limiting to 1 or 2 (and even then selling out in 30 minutes) so you'd have to be traveling all over to get a bunch.

You need to take the day off from work and follow the delivery truck around all day to get more than two...

They expanded distro area, but everyone I've talked to has said that their allocations went way down.

I was going to add it as an extra, but I've seen it on MAW lists. Especially about 6 months from now when it definitely isn't on the shelves anymore.

Had one place today trying to pull the "Founders said that it's a 1 bottle limit and you have to buy a 6-pack as well to get the ability to buy KBS". Seen other people say their bottle shop said the same thing, but plenty that haven't said anything of the sort, so I can't imagine Founders making that rule.

They expanded distro area, but everyone I've talked to has said that their allocations went way down.

I was going to add it as an extra, but I've seen it on MAW lists. Especially about 6 months from now when it definitely isn't on the shelves anymore.

Right - I don't think they increased production, so same amount going to more outlets means less per distributor. I also think they tied KBS allocations to how much Founders a distributor moves overall (not a bad tactic.)

Had one place today trying to pull the "Founders said that it's a 1 bottle limit and you have to buy a 6-pack as well to get the ability to buy KBS". Seen other people say their bottle shop said the same thing, but plenty that haven't said anything of the sort, so I can't imagine Founders making that rule.

As a distributor I can say this is total B'S. By all means support the shops , but a brewery simply cannot make those demands...well, they can TRY, but no

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

The thing is, I almost always buy something else while at a special release. But saying things like this stuff makes me not want to for that reason, because they are pulling it out of their asses.

Yeah, a shop by me required a purchase of a 6 pack of founders beer to be able to buy KBS. When I buy a special release, I always make sure to buy other beer while I am there since it is the right thing to do. If you force me to buy it, I just won't. So I ended up with a bit less KBS than I wanted, but leaving some for the other guy is good beer karma anyway :)

The thing is, I almost always buy something else while at a special release. But saying things like this stuff makes me not want to for that reason, because they are pulling it out of their asses.

How about a cigar vendor making you buy a ~$300 box of cigars just to be able to buy a more limited cigar that's only $160 a box. Talk about pulling it out of their asses. Not really beer related but its the same damn BS with a higher price tag.

As a distributor I can say this is total B'S. By all means support the shops , but a brewery simply cannot make those demands...well, they can TRY, but no

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

I dont think any brewery actually tries to make those demands. They set recommendations, such as limits and MSRP, but the distributors send things to their customers that they feel deserve it. If your favorite shop never buys founders, and therefore never sells any, they won get limited releases. This is why a bottle shop will tell you if you want KBS, you have to buy a sixer of something founders. It ups their overall numbers automatically, without having to push sales of a certain product during a normal week. Some shops actually do it the right way, and normally carry stock of founders and sells it well, so they deserve the limited stuff. I also find the shops that do it the right way are also the shops that arent holding every bottle for their brother or themselves, which I see at a lot of stores. I actually heard yesterday one shop worker tell me that the beer manager is keeping the whole case for himself - talk about crooked! She seemed annoyed by it and wanted a bottle herself, so I dont think she was lying either.

Sad things that happen these days...

I'm glad the bottle shop down here isn't like that. Granted the guy that runs it doesn't always let everything hit the shelves but that's because he offers that type of stuff to the regulars which I appreciate. Thats how a got a bottle of WC MooHoo. He got 12 bottles, kept 2 and sold the other 10. Keeping the whole case is just greedy.

I know that if the places I give my business to were to hoard special releases for themselves, I'd take my business elsewhere. The owner keeping it all for themselves is BS.

The LBS near me doesn't have any requirements about buying additional beers during special releases. I wouldn't buy special releases there if they did.

A MAW has landed! Unfortunately there were a couple casualties in transit which are not pictured. I saw one was a Clown Shoes bottle, but didn't see what the other one was. I couldn't believe any were lost because packaging seemed to be perfect! Bummer losing any beer, but still an awesome grant! Thanks absoluthamm!!

View attachment 190563

A MAW has landed! Unfortunately there were a couple casualties in transit which are not pictured. I saw one was a Clown Shoes bottle, but didn't see what the other one was. I couldn't believe any were lost because packaging seemed to be perfect! Bummer losing any beer, but still an awesome grant! Thanks absoluthamm!!

View attachment 190563

Really? WTF that box was absolutely the most well packed box I've ever sent. Super insulated with 2" thick styrofoam and all. I thought I could throw it down a stairwell and still be safe. Don't know how FedEx could screw that one up.

The other one was a Troeg's Javahead. The Clown Shoes was Luchador en Fuego. I'll see if I can get you another one and send it out. Glad the B&L and Eclipse weren't the casualties!

Allagash: Any Coolship, Merveilleux

The Bruery: Bottleworks XII, Wineification, SITR Peaches, Mocha Wednesday

3 Floyds: Any BA Dark Lord, Murda'd Out, BA Behemoth

Drie Fonteinen: Framboos, A&T, Herfst, Schaerbeekse Kriek

New Glarus: Very Sour Blackberry, R&D Sour Fruit

Cigar City: DB Hunahpu, BA Hunahpu

HF: Ann, Norma, Prolegomena, Juicy, Mimosa

SARA: Cask 200, West Ashley, Appreciation, Love's Armor

De Garde: Any Sour

Hair of the Dog: Cherry Adam, Any "From the Wood"

Forgot to add last night.

Regarding Founders again, here's another one of my frequent bottle shops that just sent this email(to it's beer geek mailing list...)

Founders KBS

Must buy either a 4pk (Red Rye) or any One of the 6pk Varieties of Founders Beers to get 1 bottle of KBS.

*First Come First Serve
*Limit 1 per customer
*While supplies last.

Will be available at 6pm on 4/14/14.

Bull**** even to their regulars.

Regarding Founders again, here's another one of my frequent bottle shops that just sent this email(to it's beer geek mailing list...)

Bull**** even to their regulars.

If that is a requirement for one bottle here. I wont be getting that one bottle. That red rye just sat here. There are still some around I think

They listen to their customers!!! Just got this followup email after a bunch of us complained.

Please Kindly accept our sincere apologies as we're trying to try something new to push our Sales.All the Founders product is Fresh and upto Code.We've heard a lot of Displeasure amongst many of you and all our Loyal customers.We hereby announce we take back the deal for KBS and offer it as follows :

*Limit : 1 bottle per customer
(while supplies last)

Couple adds before leaving for the weekend

Allagash: Any Coolship, Merveilleux

The Bruery: Bottleworks XII, Wineification, SitR Peaches, Mocha Wednesday, Oude Tart with Cherries

3 Floyds: Any BA Dark Lord, Murda'd Out, BA Behemoth

Drie Fonteinen: Framboos, A&T, Herfst, Schaerbeekse Kriek

New Glarus: Very Sour Blackberry, R&D Sour Fruit

Cigar City: DB Hunahpu, BA Hunahpu, Life is Like...

HF: Ann, Norma, Prolegomena, Juicy, Mimosa

SARA: Cask 200, West Ashley, Appreciation, Love's Armor

De Garde: Any Sour

Hair of the Dog: Cherry Adam, Any "From the Wood"

Ale Apothecary: Any

Alpine: Chez Monus

On your "Any" options would you take two different beers from the same brewery? If so this is granted, lmk.

Back