Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P.S. I never realized how much it would cost to send my big package across the country. Signing up for a fedex acct ASAP.

Don't tell me that I'm the only one that isn't letting this one slide without going unnoticed! I don't have anything yet, but it's early. Cut me some slack! :D

TNGabe said:
Did you pay at the local ship-shop? They charge whatever they want, usually very inflated over the standard rate, much less whatever discount you may get from having an account. I only made that mistake once.

I asked a guy at the FedEx store about those "mom and pop" shipping stores. He said there's no cap on what they can charge you. For the heck of it, I got a quote from one down the road. They wanted double the amount it cost me to ship through my FedEx account.

WesleyS said:
I asked a guy at the FedEx store about those "mom and pop" shipping stores. He said there's no cap on what they can charge you. For the heck of it, I got a quote from one down the road. They wanted double the amount it cost me to ship through my FedEx account.

Not that you would ask them to pack the package for you.. But if you were to do so, they'd probably charge you more for the packing than they did for the overpriced shipping charge!

Bump the current list. I got nothin...
Here we go!
Sorry for the delay guys.. Its been a busy day. Wanted to get a confirmation from the prior MAW before I posted.

Alesmith:
BA Speedway
BA Kopi

Lawson's:
Bourbon Barrel Aged Fayston Maple Imperial Stout
Maple Barrel Aged Fayston Maple Imperial Stout

Jester King:
Atrail Rubicte

The Bruery:
Black Tuesday
Chocolate Rain
Bottleworks XXI
The Wanderer
Oude Tart with Cherries
Grey Monday

Cascade:
Bottlework XXII

Drie Fonteinen:
A&T

Lost Abbey:
Duck Duck Gueze
Veritas any except 009

Cantillion:
Blabear
Zwanze (any)

Russian River:
Beatification

Crooked Staves:
Percisa
Batch #1

Goose Island:
Bramble
Rare

Upright:
Fantasia
Belmont Station 15th Anniversary

Did you pay at the local ship-shop? They charge whatever they want, usually very inflated over the standard rate, much less whatever discount you may get from having an account. I only made that mistake once.

No went to the in town fed ex shipping center.

3t69gf.jpg

I cant get this one. I have a few but sadly i do not want to let go. :(

Here is a start:

Goose Island:
King Henry
Halia
Bourbon Co Vanilla
Bourbon Co Cherry
Rare

Lost Abbey:
Duck Duck Gooze
Cable Car

Hill Farmstead
Any Damon
Satsuma Flora

Cigar City:
Any Barrel Aged Huna
Leon
Life is Like

Westbrook:
Any Barrel Aged Mexican Cake

Upland lambics (any)

Cantillon Blabaer

3F:
Framboos
A&T
Any seasons

Jester King:
Atrial Rubicite
Aurelian Lure
Nocturn Chrysalis
Omniscience & Proselytism

I don't think they're selling Omniscience & Proselytism other than at the Fest this weekend. No takeaway bottles it sounds like.

I don't think they're selling Omniscience & Proselytism other than at the Fest this weekend. No takeaway bottles it sounds like.

Confirmed, I'll be at the event and I'll get at least 4 ounces, probably more, but O&P is onsite only this round. AR, NC, and AL are all 1 bottle limit per person, limited to the 400 people who got tickets during the first 45 seconds they went on sale (glad I was lucky and got my ticket!). I can't imagine what they will be trading for after seeing what some people were trading AR for and that was a 2,000 bottle release.

Confirmed, I'll be at the event and I'll get at least 4 ounces, probably more, but O&P is onsite only this round. AR, NC, and AL are all 1 bottle limit per person, limited to the 400 people who got tickets during the first 45 seconds they went on sale (glad I was lucky and got my ticket!). I can't imagine what they will be trading for after seeing what some people were trading AR for and that was a 2,000 bottle release.

Ill be there too and I was also lucky. I thought it was a glitch when I completed my order. Sold out unbelievably fast. We need to meet up at jk. Ill be getting atleast a few pours of each and probably buying more drink tickets to boot. And AR was a brewery only so its rare too.

Sounds like O&P would make an outstanding MAW hit if anyone could pull it off . . .

Besides it is called Make a wish Not make it easy :rockin:

Sounds like O&P would make an outstanding MAW hit if anyone could pull it off . . .

I think the only people you'll see with bottles of this from this batch will be the brewery volunteers and employees. They will surface at a share here and there I'm sure, but I doubt if any actually get traded.

coldcrash said:

Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?
Necessary supplies:
-One sanitized bottle
-Small CO2 charger to flush oxygen out of bottle
-Funnel with hose long enough to reach the bottom of the bottle
-Wing capper and crown cap
-Money to buy enough pours to fill empty bottle

;)

WesleyS said:
Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? Necessary supplies: -One sanitized bottle -Small CO2 charger to flush oxygen out of bottle -Funnel with hose long enough to reach the bottom of the bottle -Wing capper and crown cap -Money to buy enough pours to fill empty bottle ;)

Alright. Now we're getting somewhere!

this thread is awesome, now i just gotta wait to find someone wanting some beer from the south haha

Swarley88 said:
Had this last night, along with some expedition stout

Edit: completely wrong thread.... I am sorry.

Oops! Another misfire from the alchy thread.

WesleyS said:
I thought he was just rubbing it in the faces of all those who have had Darkness on their MAW list. ;)

I guess I was rubbing a shelf beer in their faces when I did it a few weeks ago ;)

skeezerpleezer said:
Here is a start:

Goose Island:
King Henry
Halia
Bourbon Co Vanilla
Bourbon Co Cherry
Rare

Lost Abbey:
Duck Duck Gooze
Cable Car

Hill Farmstead
Any Damon
Satsuma Flora

Cigar City:
Any Barrel Aged Huna
Leon
Life is Like

Westbrook:

Upland lambics (any)

Cantillon Blabaer

3F:
Framboos
A&T
Any seasons

Jester King:
Atrial Rubicite
Aurelian Lure
Nocturn Chrysalis

Bump due to chit chat

Quick heads up on some potential MAW-worthy items that may be more/less avail for East Coasters: I'm hearing that some local shops have GI Gillian, Halia, Juliet, Lolita & Allagash Merveilleux out on the shelves.

Headed to investigate.

dcHokie said:
Quick heads up on some potential MAW-worthy items that may be more/less avail for East Coasters: I'm hearing that some local shops have GI Gillian, Halia, Juliet, Lolita & Allagash Merveilleux out on the shelves.

Headed to investigate.

We just got the GI vintage in columbia, sc today!!

Headed to investigate.

They just got a shipment that hit one of the Vendomes in LA today

skeezerpleezer said:
Here is a start:

Goose Island:
King Henry
Halia
Bourbon Co Vanilla
Bourbon Co Cherry
Rare

Lost Abbey:
Duck Duck Gooze
Cable Car

Hill Farmstead
Any Damon
Satsuma Flora

Cigar City:
Any Barrel Aged Huna
Leon
Life is Like

Westbrook:

Upland lambics (any)

Cantillon Blabaer

3F:
Framboos
A&T
Any seasons

Jester King:
Atrial Rubicite
Aurelian Lure
Nocturn Chrysalis

Monday morning bump

If this is still up tomorrow I should be able to get it! If anyone else is on the fence you better step up soon!

It's tomorrow today!

Also there is an impressive package, that all your neighbors will be jealous of when they see how big it is, currently in California and anticipated to to dent a certain porch today!

I'm hoping to make a beer run on my lunch break, if I am successful I will be back to try and grant Skeezer's wish.

It's tomorrow today!

Also there is an impressive package, that all your neighbors will be jealous of when they see how big it is, currently in California and anticipated to to dent a certain porch today!

Can't wait till I get home today and see my porch destroyed!

Back