Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice that happen every once in a while. Usually at a bottle shop that the owners don't seem too competent in beer knowledge. I figure they just use the suggested MSRP originally and then notice how it flew off the shelves, so they can charge more and will still sell.

The employee that I called on it said I was lucky because the first batch was missmarked two dollars below the suggested

Alright, time for some new brews and breweries to be listed. Hopefully some new people will jump in that have access to these.

Ale Asylum - Bedlam
Anchorage Brewing Company - Bitter Monk
Russian River - Blind Pig
Angry Hank's - Anger Management
Yellowstone Valley Brewing Co - Pick your favorite
Marble Brewery - Any BA
New Holland - Dragon's Milk
Goose Island - BCB Coffee 2013
Goose Island - BCB Barleywine 2013

Alright, time for some new brews and breweries to be listed. Hopefully some new people will jump in that have access to these.

Ale Asylum - Bedlam
Marble Brewery - Any BA
Goose Island - BCB Coffee 2013
Goose Island - BCB Barleywine 2013

That last list was just asked to take off the goose island beers, Id probably replace them with something else

Ale Asylum - Bedlam
Marble Brewery - Any BA

Added:

Capital Brewery - Mutiny IPA

I can get the yellowstone valley stuff but I believe angry hanks is brewery only... never seen it in bottles or cans but I might be wrong.

Ale Asylum - Bedlam
Marble Brewery - Any BA
I can get one

Updated list:

Ale Asylum - Bedlam
Marble Brewery - Any BA

Capital Brewery - Eternal Flame
Ale Asylum - Hopalicious

Updated list:

Ale Asylum - Bedlam
Marble Brewery - Any BA

Ale Asylum - Hopalicious

Where are our Wisco members? I'd grab it but not sure when I'd be able to get north of the border due to the holidays

Updated list:

Ale Asylum - Bedlam
Marble Brewery - Any BA

Ale Asylum - Hopalicious

You may need to add some more readily available items to the list.

You may need to add some more readily available items to the list.

Lets see how it pans out.. It is still less than 12 hours. I can add all the standard beers on the list but I would like to give someone who lives in a non standard area a shot at a MAW. If we don't have anyone who lives in WI or MT then I'll add the generics to move it along.

Even though it is "easy" maw, I don't understand why people are pushing for the people making their wish to add more beers so quickly. I understand the readily available part, but some people don't check these threads every 10 minutes. By granting somebody else's maw, shouldn't you be able to make your own wish, as opposed to adding stuff you may not want as much, just to keep the thread moving quickly?

Youre a terrible person BeerMeDuffMan! You killed a perfectly good thread!

Anyways, Parabola and Bcbs would be considedered seasonal I think. I can buy parabola at gas stations around here when it is out....

I could grant this Maw, but I won't...

Man, I can't trade BCBS for Parabola but you can buy it at gas stations? I guess I just have terrible timing!

Even though it is "easy" maw, I don't understand why people are pushing for the people making their wish to add more beers so quickly. I understand the readily available part, but some people don't check these threads every 10 minutes. By granting somebody else's maw, shouldn't you be able to make your own wish, as opposed to adding stuff you may not want as much, just to keep the thread moving quickly?

You've got a good point. It doesnt NEED to move fast, I think everyone is very excited to get this MAW going, and it has been fast and furious.

There have been several lists already with BCBS, among a few other things. That is the part that is not in the spirit of the thread. I agree that it doesnt need to be an update every 10mins, and if someone wants a can from a brewery in Montana, then they should be allowed to have it without needing to have 9 other widely found beers on their list. it is make-a-wish after all.

Dont worry though, the original version is very positively spirited and generous, and I think once this thread really falls in line with its intended goals, it will be great. It already is, actually!

sj3324 said:

So far the only recommendations to add or remove anything was because the items were not appropriate for this MAW. At this point were trying to make sure the MAW doesn't escalate beyond its intention with what gets listed. So while its in its infancy its going to be a little strict to make sure we stay on the right track. By no means does that mean MAWs need to be granted or updated daily. But we should all keep in mind just because we don't want something as much doesn't mean we shouldn't list it. Not everyone has the same distribution so not everyone should be able to fill every list but every wish should be easily obtainable and price conscientious. Having said all that, that doesn't mean anyone should short themselves on their wish, just keep in mind what your adding is all.

dotJerdot said:
Lets see how it pans out.. It is still less than 12 hours. I can add all the standard beers on the list but I would like to give someone who lives in a non standard area a shot at a MAW. If we don't have anyone who lives in WI or MT then I'll add the generics to move it along.

I think he's referring to the fact that something like Marble's barrel stuff is limited, brewery only, or both and not appropriate for this thread.

Updated:

Ale Asylum - Bedlam
Marble Brewery - Any BA

Ale Asylum - Hopalicious

Black Tooth Brewing Co. - Stumpy Ridge Stout
Cannonball Creek Brewing Co. - Battlecat Stout
Great Divide - Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout

I think he's referring to the fact that something like Marble's barrel stuff is limited, brewery only, or both and not appropriate for this thread.

From what I'm seeing this is correct.

I'm really not trying to be a dick about this guys but please make sure of whats on your list. So I dont have to keep looking everything up from here out finsfan will be helping Mod the Easy MAW since he's more familiar with whats out there these days. If he asks something be removed please politely do so. Were not trying to be rude or dictate things, were just trying to have the MAW run as intended. If anyone has any issues with any of this please feel free to PM me about it.

I'm really not trying to be a dick about this guys but please make sure of whats on your list. So I dont have to keep looking everything up from here out finsfan will be helping Mod the Easy MAW since he's more familiar with whats out there these days. If he asks something be removed please politely do so. Were not trying to be rude or dictate things, were just trying to have the MAW run as intended. If anyone has any issues with any of this please feel free to PM me about it.

you two have been more than reasonable.

you two have been more than reasonable.

Thanks for the support. We just want to keep this to shelf beers and nothing too expensive. The reason I came to keywest about starting this thread is because I have never been able to grant a MAW wish in the rare thread. I know a lot of people have already said the same thing and love this idea of having an easy one, so we want to do just that. Keep it easy guys, this thread is about people trying new beers that they cant get. Not beers that they cant afford or make it to the brewery to get.

Maybe you can add to the rules that the poster should look beers up before adding them if there's any doubt.

Back