Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet, time for my (hopefully) simple list...really digging brett beers lately and kind of tried all the ones I can buy.

2 brett beers that I cant buy in illinois, check www.seekabrew.com for what I can get. Ive had most of the logsdon and crooked stave offerings as well.

Thats all for now. Ill add more in a bit if needed.

This here is a phenomenal idea....just pick a style and let somebody run with it. I like it

Sweet, time for my (hopefully) simple list...really digging brett beers lately and kind of tried all the ones I can buy.

2 brett beers that I cant buy in illinois, check www.seekabrew.com for what I can get. Ive had most of the logsdon and crooked stave offerings as well.

Thats all for now. Ill add more in a bit if needed.

Yeah, add more. ;)

any of you Chicago suburb guys going to the Chicagoland Brewery Tap Takeover this Thursday:
http://beerhousechicago.com/monthly-events/

I only live a couple miles from there but I've not been yet. I have two Groupons for there though. Planned on going about 4 times, but my one buddy keeps backing out on me at the last minute. Not sure how Thursday looks, but maybe I'll head over.

D_Nyholm said:
What is the best method to mail these out? Has everyone found UPS, usps, or FedEx typically the best price? What about the flat rate boxes from the post office? Do they hold a decent amount?
Another question, to grant you need to have 2 off the list, but I see packages of 6-10 bottles going out. Are those just other beer thrown in or were they all off of the list? I would hate to grant one and not have 6+ beers off the list and have the person on the other end feel like they got taken.

I have used FedEx in the past. They have always seemed to be cheaper than UPS. Whichever one you use, open a free account in their website and you start saving on your first shipment.
But, for the past couple trades, I've used USPS. Don't worry, you're not going to jail by using the post office. Just wrap everything really good and make sure you bag each beer in case there's any leaking. You'd be surprised at how much you can actually cram in the medium and large flat rate boxes. Just don't tell them you're shipping beer. I've never had them ask specifically what's in the box.

I have used FedEx in the past. They have always seemed to be cheaper than UPS. Whichever one you use, open a free account in their website and you start saving on your first shipment.
But, for the past couple trades, I've used USPS. Don't worry, you're not going to jail by using the post office. Just wrap everything really good and make sure you bag each beer in case there's any leaking. You'd be surprised at how much you can actually cram in the medium and large flat rate boxes. Just don't tell them you're shipping beer. I've never had them ask specifically what's in the box.

If they do ask, tell them live yeast samples. You wouldn't be lying :mug:

My first trade on HBT I went to send via UPS and they went through my package after I left the store(well packed mind you) then refused to ship it and made me come back to pick it up. I'll never use them again for anything, period. USPS has never asked me a single question or given me any bit of hassle. If they want to waste money sticking a tax paying homeowner in prison for a few beers they can come get me.

If they do ask, tell them live yeast samples. You wouldn't be lying :mug:

Thats actually what I told UPS I was mailing..."live yeast samples", didnt work. If they ask tell them its homemade hot sauce.

My first trade on HBT I went to send via UPS and they went through my package after I left the store(well packed mind you) then refused to ship it and made me come back to pick it up. I'll never use them again for anything, period. USPS has never asked me a single question or given me any bit of hassle. If they want to waste money sticking a tax paying homeowner in prison for a few beers they can come get me.

Thats actually what I told UPS I was mailing..."live yeast samples", didnt work. If they ask tell them its homemade hot sauce.

I heard there was a senator from somewhere who was trying to get a law passed that would allow for beer shipments through USPS. I hope that gets passed.

I've used usps for over 3 dozen trades. Even had broken bottles on 2 of them. They repacked the box, removed the glass, and delivered the rest. I'm not in federal lockup. Never even contacted.

I've used usps for over 3 dozen trades. Even had broken bottles on 2 of them. They repacked the box, removed the glass, and delivered the rest. I'm not in federal lockup. Never even contacted.

I was scolded harshly by the person at the counter when I had to pick up my first shipment :( I was told I faced jail time or a hefty fine after a broken bottle.

I was scolded harshly by the person at the counter when I had to pick up my first shipment :( I was told I faced jail time or a hefty fine after a broken bottle.

Thats them trying to scare you. I'm pretty sure whoever scolded you has no authority at all, not much they can do but gripe or report it to a manager who has better things to do with their time.

I heard there was a senator from somewhere who was trying to get a law passed that would allow for beer shipments through USPS. I hope that gets passed.

Ive been hearing that for like 2 years. I'm hoping it will happen but the more time that goes by the more improbable it seems.

This is tough...I found a list of brett beers. But figuring out which are pretty regular shelf beers is more difficult lol

Ill have to add other stuff.

This is tough...I found a list of brett beers. But figuring out which are pretty regular shelf beers is more difficult lol

Ill have to add other stuff.

Problem here is how good your distro is up there.

I would of laughed in her face and told her to get a real job.

This is why I only use package companys like FedEx or UPS

I got a shipment from USPS the other day and it was only till after the a$$hole threw the package on my stoop that he broke a bottle and left a huge puddle of imperial stout right outside my door....thx usps, you guys are the best!

FedEx lady is getting a holiday card with cash, my postman is getting a swift kick to the ass if I ever see him.

Well, here is my list update:

1 brett beer, preferably one I cant buy here. (If you got one that distributes to me, just ask...I will likely be just fine with it anyway haha)

1 saison that I cant get here in Illinois.

Thats a short and simple maw. Brewery doesnt matter, just want stuff I cant get locally.

The problem here will be the same as it is currently with fedex and ups. It is officially against policy for fedex and ups. I inquired and the reason being, that to ship alcohol you need a liabilty contract and pay more for the signature of a legal (21+, Identified) adult. The shippers dont want the possibility of engaging in distributing to minors.

Well, here is my list update:

1 brett beer, preferably one I cant buy here. (If you got one that distributes to me, just ask...I will likely be just fine with it anyway haha)

1 saison that I cant get here in Illinois.

Thats a short and simple maw. Brewery doesnt matter, just want stuff I cant get locally.

When you say brett beer do you mean brett only fermentation or brett and sach?

My wife is going to take my maw package hostage till Christmas, she said she would wrap them and put them under the tree so I could have presents that I didn't know what they were :(

My wife is going to take my maw package hostage till Christmas, she said she would wrap them and put them under the tree so I could have presents that I didn't know what they were :(

Well that just not even fair! Beer should never be held hostage :cross:

haha thats some good stuff. will make for some good presents though!

Delivered On:
Wednesday, 12/18/2013 at 10:47 A.M.

Left At:
Porch

BOOM First MAW granted officially! (Providing no broken bottles)

poptarts said:
Delivered On: Wednesday, 12/18/2013 at 10:47 A.M. Left At: Porch BOOM First MAW granted officially! (Providing no broken bottles)

Woohoo! Yours will be there tomorrow! Sorry you can't enjoy until Christmas :( send me a picture of your beer under the tree I'm sure it will look better than if I did an attempt at wrapping paper

do you get allagash out there? seekabre says limited, so i'm not sure what distro is like

Yep, we get it. I dont know what "limited" even means on that site...I think it means only near the city lol

I am near the city, so I get anything that says limited, except alesmith...

If it has brett, yes. I like sours too, but ive just been really into the funky brett taste lately.

Other than Anchorage stuff, Rayon Vert, and Orval, all of which I think you can get, I can't think of any year-round/seasonal brett finished beers.

So basically just send Logsdon Seizon Bretta and a local version of Boulevard Saison brett that theMan doesn't get. Then you will be his new best friend!

So basically just send Logsdon Seizon Bretta and a local version of Boulevard Saison brett that theMan doesn't get. Then you will be his new best friend!

I thought of Logsdon as soon as I hit submit reply on my last post.

The Sierra Nevada/boulevard collab is Brett finished. Also, GI Matilda (though the man gets that), tropical tripel (de proef/cigar city), and others I can't think of just now.

Damn it. Someone else get this before I break my promise to stop trading until next year.

Latest posts

Back