Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sierra Nevada/boulevard collab is Brett finished. Also, GI Matilda (though the man gets that), tropical tripel (de proef/cigar city), and others I can't think of just now.

Damn it. Someone else get this before I break my promise to stop trading until next year.

This isnt technically trading since he wont be sending you back something :D

TNGabe said:
Other than Anchorage stuff, Rayon Vert, and Orval, all of which I think you can get, I can't think of any year-round/seasonal brett finished beers.

Lavery Liopard Oir for PA folks. GABF gold too, for those who are into that.

Some of the Jester King stuff too, but I couldn't find any El Cedro today...struck out, sorry.

Some of the Jester King stuff too, but I couldn't find any El Cedro today...struck out, sorry.

Damn, I've got an El Cedro in the fridge right now... Too bad I'm saving it for ME. :ban: I've got some homebrewed sours (yes, they have brett) you can have though! ;)

The Sierra Nevada/boulevard collab is Brett finished. Also, GI Matilda (though the man gets that), tropical tripel (de proef/cigar city), and others I can't think of just now.

Damn it. Someone else get this before I break my promise to stop trading until next year.

I'm not sure any of those count for this thread.

How about this TheMan; I'll get some beers you can't get, open them, dose with brett, recap, and send 'em your way. :D

So basically just send Logsdon Seizon Bretta and a local version of Boulevard Saison brett that theMan doesn't get. Then you will be his new best friend!

Local version? Is there a different one from what is sold in Chicago?

Well, here is my list update:

1 brett beer, preferably one I cant buy here. (If you got one that distributes to me, just ask...I will likely be just fine with it anyway haha)

1 saison that I cant get here in Illinois.

Thats a short and simple maw. Brewery doesnt matter, just want stuff I cant get locally.

list bump

TNGabe said:
I'm not sure any of those count for this thread. How about this TheMan; I'll get some beers you can't get, open them, dose with brett, recap, and send 'em your way. :D
Why wouldn't they count?

Liopard Oir is a spring seasonal. It might still be sitting on shelves in NJ tho, I'll check tomorrow. El Cedro is a shelf beer as well. So is Matilda right?

Is it the bomber format that doesn't fit for some reason?

And I can confirm El Cedro has been on the shelf in my favorite store for months, I am not a huge fan though. I also got it on sale at central market before for $8 so it would qualify for this thread, it shows as "rotating" on BA which I would think is good to go.

Indytruks138 said:
And I can confirm El Cedro has been on the shelf in my favorite store for months, I am not a huge fan though. I also got it on sale at central market before for $8 so it would qualify for this thread, it shows as "rotating" on BA which I would think is good to go.

I agree that El Cedro would fit this MAW. It's not rare, brewery only or expensive.

Why wouldn't they count?

Liopard Oir is a spring seasonal. It might still be sitting on shelves in NJ tho, I'll check tomorrow. El Cedro is a shelf beer as well. So is Matilda right?

Eh, matilda is like water here, every store has it.

And I think we are able to send anything we want as long as it fits the maw? If a guy writes he wants anything from goose island, I could send my proprietors if I really wanted, no? After all, he didnt ASK for proprietors...

Indytruks138 said:

Oh man, I love El Cedro.

Eh, matilda is like water here, every store has it.

And I think we are able to send anything we want as long as it fits the maw? If a guy writes he wants anything from goose island, I could send my proprietors if I really wanted, no? After all, he didnt ASK for proprietors...

True true...its the spirit of generosity that makes these threads so awesome.

TheMan said:
Sounds like I need some el cedro...

If your list is still up in 2.5 weeks, I'll look for it again. Otherwise I'm headed home for the holidays in a few minutes.

I could see how its a polarizing beer tho. Not a standard flavor profile.

Why wouldn't they count?

I said I wasn't sure…not that they weren't. ;)

I think I was confusing Buddha's brew and El Cedro.

1 brett beer, preferably one I cant buy here. (If you got one that distributes to me, just ask...I will likely be just fine with it anyway haha)

Thats a short and simple maw. Brewery doesnt matter, just want stuff I cant get locally.

another bump :mug:

TNGabe said:
I said I wasn't sure…not that they weren't. ;) I think I was confusing Buddha's brew and El Cedro.

Yea that one wouldn't count.

Still trying to think of others that would...saint somewhere? Looks like IL gets that too...

Have you had much from The Commons in Portland? If this doesn't get fulfilled by Friday, I think I can get their Flemish Kiss and Urban Farmhouse and fulfill this. I also have a very tasty, possibly overcarbonated, 100% Brett beer that I made as well that I could throw in.

Have you had much from The Commons in Portland? If this doesn't get fulfilled by Friday, I think I can get their Flemish Kiss and Urban Farmhouse and fulfill this. I also have a very tasty, possibly overcarbonated, 100% Brett beer that I made as well that I could throw in.

Never had any of theirs, sounds delicious

True true...its the spirit of generosity that makes these threads so awesome.

I couldn't agree more. And you sir are a champion of this!

Check out this box :ban: :ban: :ban:

DSC_0070.jpg

edit: box included a second brawler that acted as a sacrificial lamb for the rest, and added a wonderful malty aroma to the package ;) .
Reminder to all of the new traders: put everything in a big garbage bag, it should help prevent returned shipments. I think the shippers get lots of temp help during the holiday season, and they seem to be much rougher on the packages than the regular delivery guys.

I am floored! Poptarts started off the MAW right!!!! I cant wait to try all of these and cant believe i get to try an Abyss! Thank you so much man! Can I ask what the save till 2015 HB is? Also, is the Abyss something I should age or drink now, considering I probably wont have another one unless I find one in NM early January. Thansk again, I felt like a kid on Christmas morning :D

2013-12-18 17.17.22.jpg

2013-12-18 17.20.19.jpg

2013-12-18 17.27.49.jpg

the 2015 is a second mead :)
And The Abyss can be saved or its ready, your call, says something similar on their website. It will age very well but I would say its ready too :)

I couldn't agree more. And you sir are a champion of this!

Check out this box :ban: :ban: :ban:

edit: box included a second brawler that acted as a sacrificial lamb for the rest, and added a wonderful malty aroma to the package ;) .
Reminder to all of the new traders: put everything in a big garbage bag, it should help prevent returned shipments. I think the shippers get lots of temp help during the holiday season, and they seem to be much rougher on the packages than the regular delivery guys.

Craptastic! Was there bad leakage?

finsfan said:
I am floored! Poptarts started off the MAW right!!!! I cant wait to try all of these and cant believe i get to try an Abyss! Thank you so much man! Can I ask what the save till 2015 HB is? Also, is the Abyss something I should age or drink now, considering I probably wont have another one unless I find one in NM early January. Thansk again, I felt like a kid on Christmas morning :D
Just a heads up that Kansas gets Abyss.... You may be able to find another to age.

the 2015 is a second mead :)
And The Abyss can be saved or its ready, your call, says something similar on their website. It will age very well but I would say its ready too :)

Its also the apple pie mead? cuz I put both in the cellar, I may have to move the other to the fridge :D Cat wait to try your hb's! And ten fidy :mug:

...Reminder to all of the new traders: put everything in a big garbage bag, it should help prevent returned shipments. I think the shippers get lots of temp help during the holiday season, and they seem to be much rougher on the packages than the regular delivery guys.

Soooo, if I bubble wrapped the bottles then put them in a box PACKED with peanuts, I should be okay this one time, right?

Really wish I'd read his 2 hours ago...lol

Soooo, if I bubble wrapped the bottles then put them in a box PACKED with peanuts, I should be okay this one time, right?

Really wish I'd read his 2 hours ago...lol

You should be fine. I did that my first couple trades. As of late, I put each bottle in a gallon baggie, wrap that in bubble wrap and then put all the beers inside a trash bag. Better to be safe than banned from UPS/Fedex

Back