Corny vs.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrZ2U

Reaction score
So I have a chance to get three 1/4 or 1/6 barrel kegs (not sure which but the question kinda is the same either way) for $75.

I have no kegs at all just yet…apart from the sanke tube/valve being a little more difficult to deal with than corny keg fittings…why wouldn’t I want to use these?

The 1/6 barrel is as best I can tell the same size as a corny and I have a 1/4 already...I can get three of any varity in my fridge but not four so thats not an issue.

Thoughts?

i use both currently. the cornies are way more user friendly and actually do take up less space. they are much easier to clean too.

Also have to factor in whether you buy commercial kegs regularly as well. I have a dual tap tower on my kegerator, one tap is sanke the other is corny. Although I could change out the sanke tap with quick disconnects or an MFL connection, I find myself always trying to keep at least one tap with commercial beer on it. My next batch I am going to try to keg in a sankey tap ("borrowed" from Great Lakes brewery) just to see whether its worth it or not. But honestly I think I may just end up going with some QDs, since I have been increasing the homebrew consumption and decreasing the commercial stuff!

75 bucks is fairly cheap. If your looking at cost only, that might be your answer.

well found out what he has are 1/4 barrels and as it turns out I can get only two in there so three cornys it is...unless he comes up with $25 1/6 barrels first :) Then I suppose I am back to trying to figure out which one again.

Back