Controllong how much people drink from a kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The people who come to my house are personal friends. They understand that it takes money and time and expertise to make my beer. They are happy to contribute to my brewery. And they bring some of their own preferred commercial brews that often times stay in my fridge at the end of the night.

Does anyone actually make their keggerator available at a college kegger? If so, tip jar or not, those kegs will be empty by 11pm. Every kegger I ever went to had a team of bouncers and a cover charge. A tip jar wouldn't ever be an effective way to compensate the hosts in that setting.

Personally, I don't have any interest in hanging out with anyone who is trying to turn themselves into a wasted a$$hole. With my beer or otherwise. If you're inviting people that you don't trust to be honest into your house, then you are asking for big trouble well beyond the keggerator!

People that i invite to come to my house are my guests, but that doesn't mean that they have any right to bankrupt my brewery. I expect my guests to contribute to the party. Bring beer, wine, snacks, deserts, music, games, etc. We all have the most fun when a little piece of each personality is included. If they want to have my beer, they can toss a couple bucks in the jar. If that's insulting to them, I don't give a $hit: it's my house, my beer, my rules. If they don't like to put money in the jar, they can drink their own beer and leave mine alone.

Back