Cincinnati City Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deranma

Reaction score
Does anyone from the Cincy area know if our water is ideal for brewing? I know for sure that I am going to have to add some campden tablet for the chloride content, but other than that would there be anything I need extra. I haven't dabbled much with water chemistry yet in my experience, but I am moving to AG and want to have some real fun with it. Any info is very helpful.

Try www.cincinnati-oh.gov/gcww/ Under Quick Links click on "Water Quality Report". There is some good info on there. I live just inside Clermont County and I printed out their report, but have not had a chance to analyse it yet. Like you, my next brew will be my first AG. I will just use tap water with no adjustments to see what that tastes like. If I have any issues I will delve more into the report. Another idea is to ask the guys at either Paradise or Listerman's to see what they think about the water. Good luck!

I have Warren County water. No problems. I do run it through a carbon filter.

Back