Cider fermented what do I do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ciderlincs

Reaction score
My ciders been 4weeks stoped bubbling and dropped from 1.045 to 1.000 , I’ve siphoned one bucket into Demi jons with air lock ontop

Left other in the fermenter sofar,
I’ve been drinking it and getting drunk as hell very easily it’s like drinking spirit compared to shop ciders

Now the mrs said it’s not sweet enough for her really sour apple taste so I’ve been mixing maple and blueberry’s into her glass and she loves that ,

Other than mixing as I make it can’t I just add xylitol and maple (I am sugar free so I use these 2) to the Demi and bottle it all up ?

Seen peeps sayin ya can’t add sugar it will ferment when others say add sweetener now , some seem to add fruit and sweeten and leave it again before bottling and others add juice ,some add tea and some add oak wood pieces I seriously can’t find what’s best ?? So I’m just bloody drinking it lol but off to a funeral and wana take some the mrs said I gota sweeten it but I don’t want someone to take a bottle home to explode in a few weeks lol what do I do ?

Safest way is to add a non-fermenting sweetener like xylitol. If you add sugar or fruit to it it will start fermenting again and may blow. Another way is to add k-meta and k-sorbate, let it sit for a few days, then backsweeten with your choice.

I sweeten with either fruit or frozen apple juice concentrate. Then immediatly pasteurize.

Your idea of Xylitol and sugar free maple syrup would work as well. Assuming the syrup has no fermentables.

As far as whats best? Its really up to what you prefer. I have used tannins such as oak chips, teas and white wine tannens. Fruit, xylitol, frozen apple juice concentrate and even brown sugar. All work but some require additional steps to kill, remove or inhibit the yeast as obviously they have fermentable sugars.

Latest posts

Back