Christmas Presents!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 46" stiff steel french whip AKA best mash paddle ever.
Designing great beers book
And $450 for northern brewer.

Cant wait to go shopping

I love my beer gun. I got it last year for my birthday. I actually started bottle gift beer for Xmas this year. Great and cheap presents.

My brother made me an awesome chalkboard to hang on my kegerator to label my taps and a grain scale. My parents got me a gift card to Midwest, I'll be going to buy my Monster Mill 2 tomorrow so I can build my grain milling station.

2 scales. 1 for measuring hops and 1 for measuring grains.

A timer in the shape of a hop flower.

About 6 glass beer mugs.

I got a digital thermometer, bottle/carboy washer, Corona style mill. Now I am sitting here drinking an Arrogant Bastard Ale (store bought) while contemplating a trip to the LHBS to get bulk ingredients for my next brew date.

Hmmm? What to brew?

It will be next year. That sounds really bad but in reality is 11 or 13 days from today.

ForumRunner_20111225_173530.jpg

got a northern brewer gift card in the stocking, periodic table of beer poster under the tree...and my incredible wife bought the guinness pub sign that was for sale in the classified section here last week...not here yet but it's on the way!

also, my english nut brown is finally ready to crack open today!!!

merry christmas everyone!

1. SWMBO and I got to sleep until 8am.
2. I got a brew session tomorrow that the wife assures me she won't interrupt with stuff like "Can you change a diaper?" and "Will you open this thing?"
3. My first batch of beer is almost gone because people destroyed it last night! Pretty stoked that people enjoy it.
4. Spent 3 hours playing legos with my sons this morning
5. My airlock is bubblin'

Who could ask for anything more?

wailingguitar said:
Bro got me a Bayou Classic cooker. I'm pretty jazzed. I didn't mind brewing on the electric stove top at our house -my 33qt tamale pot could sit on 2 burners and with both on HIGH got a nice boil- but this will make it much easier. Quicker heating, the ability to arrange things for easy use.. runoff straight to the kettle instead of pitchers, etc.

Not to mention that we will get a couple more pots for doing fish frys, gumbo, etc.

I have the same burner & it's awesome!! You will be amazed how much time it saves.

The wife and I just went in together on one gift. Opened it early on the 22nd :)

My wife saw this and said I hate her she looks so good for someone just having given birth. LOL congrats, but that is lost brewing time right there is your wife's arms, trust me I have two!

Clem

I got the Bowie Bottle Perlick adapter a while back and now got the Irrenarzt compliment and I must say the two together "Freakin Rock". I just bottled up some brew, but SWMBO had to help cap them (stupid elbow brace).

I also got a set of nice Guinness pint glasses. That style is timeless.

I am getting myself a new 15 gallon Mash Tun from Kurt at Badass Brew stands. I am pretty excited to switching from a cooler mash tun to a big pot where I can do 10 gallon batches without having the size restriction of a 10 gallon cooler.

Chromados

Two perlick 525ss with ss shanks. 4-way gas splitter. Lhbs gift card, Midwest gift card for gas regulator. Keezer time!

My wife went homebrew crazy on me this year... She got me the book Brewing Better Beer, two packs of bottle caps, some custom coasters and beer labels, and a refractometer. I'm not complaining!

It's good to see, everyone got some good stuff. I got a PID and SSR. Got a few more still coming. Hopefully a thermocouple. If not I'll order it. All for my RIMS tube that I've already installed. Also got a bunch of stainless fittings and Designing Great Beers.

Two recipes from NB. New brew bucket, carboy brush and some new siphon tube.

$300 for northern brewer combined from several family members
Quick disconnects for my Brutus stand from my brother (who helped me build it)
Keglove neoprene cold sleeve for my Cornies and a sweet brooklyn brewery cycling jersey from my wife

I love the holiday brewing system upgrade, and can't wait for the stir plate I am gonna get from northern brewer

Taylor 410-CE acoustic guitar. I'll sing about the brew gear I need :)

I made out this year!!! I got a new barley mill from millarsmills, all new silicone hosing for my new sculpture that should be done close to the end of next week, A chugger pump, a complete set up of stainless cam locks, 6 new hop bags, $100 to the Brewbrothers, and my byo subscription renewed! I'm in HOG HEAVEN!!! Merry Christmas everyone!

Back