Christmas Presents!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife and I just went in together on one gift. Opened it early on the 22nd :)

Merry Christmas to you guys !!!

All kinds of great gifts this season

I got hooked up this year

(1) 15.5 Gallon clean keg Not stolen (Brew Kettle) Telco Mgr
(1) 50 liter Heineken Keg Not stolen (HLT) IT Tech Manager

Digital Scale /my first beer neon
GC/cash to LHBS
Brewing Classic Styles book

Merry Christmas HBT !!!

Wife got me a 5 gallon stainless steel brew pot for my slightly larger mini brews. Now I can do something like3.5 into the fermenter. I think. Not sure how much water and grain I can get into a 5 gallon cooler to mash in. Hoping for 4.5 gallons and 6 lbs. BIAB

I got a wort chiller from my dad. No one else got me brewing related items, not even the wife.

I got (4) Deschutes Brewing Pint glasses, (2) Deschutes snifters, stout tap, gauges for nitro system, "Naked Pint" book, kind makes me feel like a have a problem, isn't it great.

I didn't do too bad, got an iGrille, AHS shirt and $50GC from the in laws, The bro in law got me a shelf kit for brew storage and the wife got me several bottle koozies since most were destroyed this last camping season. I bought myself 2 corny kegs and some misc stuff from NB that arrived on the 23rd.

Parents in law gave me a wooden gift box with 2 crystal wine glasses and a 1.5 litre bottle of wine.

My first thought was- " that box is just right for keeping my homebrew nicknacks in "

I got a 15 gallon SS kettle. Bye bye cheap old turkey fryer pot!

brew-rite-brew-pots.jpg

And a couple of carboy goodies.

11LimUNnEDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

-trTH1EX3FIWIuN24R4RHiiPQDk3yl2EDOtqKxUmqzIvOH6jY4iB2F0zun8BhzjT50uTyiCjhoOYVNZ0EOmaHICI0s6VyB5QEmnLSrXQZU-B73XaxMX6M01nJiml-JafvTIyaFb8OCS0g4OZk9CxOC06Q-WRDhEesu_tzzSgmEU

Cereal killer and boulevards smoke stack series sampler. And a mash tun from the pay it forward thread.

Well... I made out like a fat rat this Christmas! To my surprise, my parents bought me a 10gal. Blichmann brew pot! Very nice. I really didn't expect brewing hardware from them. One day several months ago, while picking up some supplies from the LHBS, I took my mom into the store with me while we were running around and showed her some of the cool things that were on display. I know this sounds funny coming from a 50 year old!!!! LOL

The wife added to the loot by giving me a $300 gift card to the LHBS too!!! I'm planning on getting a big ass burner, a beer gun and a couple other trinkets.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

2 perlick's, my first keg and a sanke head with all the fixin's/plumbing......I'm officially a kegger now!

Hope everyone had as Merry a Christmas as me.

A brix refractometer, the Yeast Book by Jamil and Charlie White, and a Propane Metal Brew Tower that my brother built for me to go All-Grain with... Can't wait to break that beast in!!!

And with my birthday coming up in february, I hope to buy supplies (regulators, hoses, taps etc) to begin work on my keezer...

Glad to hear that everyone had a merry beermas this year!

I must have been a very good boy this year, I made out like a bandit!
The wife got me the brew like a monk and farmhouse ales books. My kids got me a chocolate milk stout kit from Norther Brewer. My mom got me a new mash tun (Igloo ice cube). With the cash I received I'm going to be able to build one of those cool RIMS/pump toolbox setups :rockin:

No homebrew gifts, but enough cash (from the parents) and winning lottery cards (from SWMBO) to cover most of the cost of a grain mill.

I got grains for two brews, some liter flip top bottles, and six Rauchbier, Aecht Schlenkerla. So happy, tomorrow brew day.

I got Tasting Beer by Randy Mosher, a page a day calender called 365 Bottles of Beer for the Year 2012 and $85 for the LHBS.

I made out great, gift card at LHBS, brewing classic styles, and some bottles of rodenbach(reg, grand cru and vintage) jolly pumpkin winter seasonal, BFM and Terrapin colaboration, and other lambics etc. so i had a very merry and sour christmas!!

I got Papazian's Joy of Home Brewing and a cool BYO Hops issue. I feel very blessed as money is tight this year.

No homebrewing stuff for me, but I did get a Westvleteren 12 and a CBS.

Picked up my mom and Aunt a winemaking kit.

We were really tight this year too. Not only did I get the spray wand from vinl buono,but our son gave us a new blue ray player with a bunch of blue ray movies to go with for our HD flat screen. So we took the "old" HD DVD player upstairs for our private TV.
Not only that,we got another cool present. I do believe I've converted our son to craft brew. He has a fridge full of winter craft brews at home. But he came over for Christmas dinner,& gave some good critique of our ales. He said the Burton ale had this sweet bite thing going on. Wouldn't you know it,On the ales 8th day in the fridge,you can finally taste the hops! And of my wifes summer ale? Well,since the hops came through,it tastes like a lemon herb tea was added. So,over all,it tastes like a fresh summer shandy. Leinenkugel's fans will like that. He said not to change a thing when I revealed the changes I thought we should make. So I guess the ales need just a little more aging...who knew. You don't always get what you want,but still get something good!

I made out this year! Best Christmas EVER!
Santa brought me "Brewing Classic Styles", Saint Nick got me a O2 system and 2 little oxygen tanks. My boyfriend's mom got me a $50 gift card for Brew & Grow (+ $20 won as door prizes from our club meeting which will go into a some equipment for CO2), my boyfriend's sis got us a tasting event package at Big Bay brewing (a new local brewery) & my mom got me a Cereal Killer grain mill and a set of hopside down beer glasses (novelty glasses). And lastly my boyfriend/SO/the beneficiary of my brewing got me an iPad 2.... Not brewing related, but now HBT is easier to browse on the app. I'm posting with it right now.

And just to brag... My mom & dad got me a artisan kitchen aid mixer! (It's been on my Christmas and birthday wish list since I was 16. My mom promised it to me when I get married, but she figured having a baby & buying a house with my boyfriend was just as significant, so I got it early... After 14+ years on my list). After a little shopping at the LHBS today I'm breaking that thing out and making red velvet cupcakes as a thank you to everyone.

image-3484663060.jpg

I got 4 new beer glasses , and The Oxford Companion to Beer. Very happy about my the gifts.

I came out pretty darn good this year. As my Birthday is Dec 19th that added to the $ flow..

Books/Etc:
Subscription to BYO
Brewing Classic Styles
Designing Great Beer

My wife for my birthday got me a 4 pack of different beer glasses:
51K%2BI7tW%2BxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And then just a whole lot of $ and gift cards for homebrewing (combined with some overtime at work for working christmas) - now I've just got to figure out where to spend it, and what is the wisest investment since I'm so new to brewing.

SWMBO got me a subscription to The Beer Connoisseur magazine. Is this any good? We said we weren't doing gifts, but she saw this on Groupon and couldn't pass it up.

MIL got me a $40 gift certificate to the LHBS

Mom got me an immersion chiller.

All I need now is to convert my keg into a keggle, buy a round cooler, but all of the fittings/valves, and I'll be ready for my first all-grain!

digital thermometer
8g brew (5mm) SS
bottle washer of top of the tree
200 card to the LHBS
12 American Pilsner glasses

My cousin got me a subscription to BYO magazine. That's my only brewing related gift... which is totally fine. Most of the brewing related items I want are a couple hundred (or more) bucs.

Back