Cheapest bulk LME?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duck911

Reaction score
Hi all,

My buddy and I have a number of brews planned and most are APA's and IPA's. We'll be heavy users of some standard light, liquid malt extract.

I've seen that Northern Brewer sells 36 lb bulk for ~$79.99 plus shipping, and Williams brewing has 32 lb packs, but the shipping is a little steep. Down around $2.20/lb is what I am able to find.

Do you all have any other websites you go to for cheap, bulk extract?

thanks,

--Duck911

See what your local HBS has. I get 33 lbs packs of Briess LME for $59.95.

Thanks Gas - we are extract brewers for now but glad to hear there are some bulk buys in the works!

Calder - Our LHBS's are right around $3 per pound and none offer bulk discounts, so for now I think it's an internet exercise. :)

Thanks for the replies guys,

--Duck911

Duck..are you going to be using it rather quickly. If not, you might think about DME as it will store longer and you use a little less. Farmhouse breing has 50 pounds for $125, but then you have to add shipping....maybe $25 more.

Austin homebrew supply has 40lbs for $99.99. free shipping if you can find something else to spend a penny on.

Back