Change of flavor in and out of fridge.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toastman

Reaction score
So I've moved from Chicago to Mexico and have been brewing here nicely for a couple years. I've come across a common idea among the locals as they call it "burned beer". This is when a bottle of beer is in the fridge, if, you then take it out and it gets room temp again, it will change the flavor and it will be more bitter. Even if you put it back it in the fridge again, the flavor has changed. I would think if it went to an extreme temp change,sure, but normally?
Any Mythbusters out there to help me with this as I personally have never experienced this??

We don't live in Mexico. Try it and let us know what actually happens...

Cheers!
I don't remember ordering any sass-a-frass! [emoji2] with this post. (Lol) . I personally haven't noticed any difference with my beers. But that's just going off my taste buds and limited control experiment. Just wondering if there's some real reason, or, yes, perhaps, even science behind the idea. (For or against).

Point being, it sounds like some weird local folklore best disproved locally ;)
24 hours of warming before re-chilling seems unlikely to produce a huge character change...

Cheers!

Back