Chai Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Wagon

Reaction score
There used to be a brewery in Winter Park Co that made this awesome concoction. They have since closed and I thought I would ask you all if there were any ideas out there.

Make a solid porter, and add spiced chai (or just the spice blend if you can find it or want to make your own) to secondary. You could also make a concentrated tea with the spices and add that to taste at bottling. I like adding spices to the boil for a subtle integrated character, and after primary for a clean/distinct spice character. Hope that sends you in the right direction, good luck.

What sort of porter was the base? I wouldn't go with anything too hoppy or roasty.

Rocky Mountain Brewery in the Springs still makes a chai porter occasionally. You could try giving Dwayne (owner) or Nick (brewer) a call to pick their brain.

no it was fairly dry, not too roasty but still very dark, the base porter would have worked well with coffee as well

Latest posts

Back