Fresh organic rose petals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LudovicoManin

Reaction score
Admittedly, this is not a beer question but a mead question. However, since there are no sub forums for ingredients and such, I figured I would ask here. Tinkering around with a cherry/rose concoction... but I need FRESH pesticide-free rose petals. Any idea where I can get these? I'd imagine a florist would treat them with something to make them last longer... and short of finding a neighbor's rose bush to cut, I am scouring to find some. Any ideas?

"Got Amazon?"

https://www.amazon.com/Jiva-Organic-Dried-Petals-Large/dp/B09LTZJHD4
Just a random example.

fwiw, I've been brewing a hibiscus laced raspberry wheat beer for a few years now using "organic" dried hibiscus flowers and would have no issues using dried rose petals if I had the need for "rose" character. I would expect the quality would be more consistent with dried flowers than "fresh" - which could easily arrive oxidized (aka "rotten")...

Cheers!

Often florists get roses that are good for durability after cut but have very little aroma. Very likely to have been sprayed with non-food safe pesticides.

You'll have a hard time finding fresh rose petals elsewhere unless you're taking them right off the bush. Rose petals don't have much of a shelf life even with refrigeration.

The second best option would be to buy freeze dried rose petals.

Back