Central VA New Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vapicker

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm from Midlothian, VA and just started brewing about a month ago. Done 2 extract recipe's so far and am hooked. I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks now and have learned a ton of useful information already. As a new brewer, it's great to have a site like this to reference for questions.

welcome to the brew pot......
there is a wealth of information available here. if you can't always find the exact answer you need, ask! there are so many helpful people here it unbelievable.
again... welcome :rockin:

What up va? I also live in VA. Actually in Richmond so not far from ya. I have just started brewing recently and have done 3 batches total. 2 are in the bottle one still fermenting. Thats cool though you are the closest person I have seen to me.:rockin:

Welcome from just down the road in Chester. I assume you get your supplies from Bob at the Weekend Brewer?

If you haven't already, check out the James River Homebrewers The JRHB Main Forum - James River Homebrewer

Cheers. :mug:

Yeah, I actually work right down the road from them in Chester so it's great to have them so close. Bob and his wife have already been a lot of help. They gave me a flyer for the JRH. I don't think I'll be able to make tomorrow's meeting, but am going to try to attend next month.

Vapicker and HughBrooks, you guys should seriously consider coming to the next CentralVeeyayBrewday. No firm date yet, but likely to be sometime in April.

My place, just down the road from the Weekend Brewer.

Welcome !! I've ventured the Chester store for bulk grains.
There's a small shop in Cary town that's worth getting yeast
and stuff on the fly if the other place is far. I was just up that
way the other day and ate at PF changs. I do hate the city though.
How do you guys do it?

Anyways.... good luck!

Vapicker and HughBrooks, you guys should seriously consider coming to the next CentralVeeyayBrewday. No firm date yet, but likely to be sometime in April.

My place, just down the road from the Weekend Brewer.

I would definitely be interested in that. Could you maybe PM me the details once they get set in stone?

I would love to check that out. I will definatally keep an eye out for more info about that. The compleat Gourmet in carytow does have a limited supply for hb. The only yeast they carry is muntons but they do have a few types of hops in pellet or leaf and i am not sure if there Are limits on the amount you can get or not. :mug:

Hugh....20 min south on 17 from Tapp.
I' m in Mdlsex Cnty.

If any of you near me would like to try growing hops, pm me.
I have a few I need to thin out, maybe we can trade or something.
It's warming up quick, and I'll get out there in the next month and start
digging and cutting.

Karb

Greetings and welcome!

As to the Compleat Gourmet...I didn't have any problem grabbing 4 oz. of hop pellets the last time I was in without buying grains or malt, so I think you're safe from limits. (Though if you try to clean them out they might speak up.)

I got friends in Middlesex. My mom used to work at mojos, the urbanna inn (when it was open) and pretty much everey other bar there. Thats cool though. On the hops thing I come down that way every now and then and would not mind checking the hops you got on hand.

Back