Cash for Clunkers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would loved to watch the Volvo video, but it's taking 3-4 seconds of download per second of play time. Can I crunch Hughes' satellite?

I've got a Sprinter van (2.7L diesel) and it took me weeks to stop spinning the tires. 330 Nm at fast idle.

It sucks to see a car that nice being destroyed! I would have traded them my truck for the volvo, they could still be ruining a car, and I would be much better off :)

Thanks for the nice comments guys: To answer a few questions...

Here is the clunker I traded in Sorry this is the best picture I have:
IMG_1689.jpg

and the TDI has some serious grunt... Although I find myself driving much slower for some reason... Not because it lacks speed. I feel like I'm going faster than I really am...

The TDI has some serious grunt... Although I find myself driving much slower for some reason... Not because it lacks speed. I feel like I'm going faster than I really am...

I'm still waiting for Audi to bring over the TDi in the A4 (for me) and the A3 (for SWMBO). I live two miles from work; I want to see if I can go three months without filling up. I really think I can do it.

Oh, and I typically have the opposite problem from you-- I feel like I'm going slower than I actually am...

and the TDI has some serious grunt... Although I find myself driving much slower for some reason... Not because it lacks speed. I feel like I'm going faster than I really am...

I'm still waiting for Audi to bring over the TDi in the A4 (for me) and the A3 (for SWMBO). I live two miles from work; I want to see if I can go three months without filling up. I really think I can do it.

Oh, and I typically have the opposite problem from you-- I feel like I'm going slower than I actually am...

no wonder diesel has gone up 22 cents in two weeks everyone is buying TDI's

Hey leave the diesel for those who need it us Cummins turbo diesel owners:D

no wonder diesel has gone up 22 cents in two weeks everyone is buying TDI's

Hey leave the diesel for those who need it us Cummins turbo diesel owners:D

Actually, it is cheaper and easier to refine diesel than gasoline, and it yields better as well. The oil companies would love to be able to make less petrol and more diesel...

Something like 40% of the cars in Europe are diesels... we are so far behind the times here in the US. I blame a lot of that on the previous generation of diesels here in the US (late '70's/early '80's) that belched black smoke, wouldn't start in the winter, and sounded like a time bomb. A lot of Americans still associate diesels with that mess. Oh, the ignorance!!!

The funny thing is that my current gasoline engine sounds very much like a diesel due to the direct-injection system...

Back