Get rid of yer keg--fridge now!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s not my fringe that does the damage it’s my source of electricity.

Here in Australia we can purchase green electricity if we want. Solar, wind, hydro etc.
Now that my home has switched to green electricity it is my responsibility, to the planet, to drink more beer and run more second fridges. Thereby increasing demand, supply and eventually through the economics of scale help reduce the price of green electricity for others.

Ok, well, drinking more beer and switching to white meat. Dam cows don’t taste as good as my flame BBQ chicken thighs anyway!

Cheers

I have three side-by-side fridge/freezers and an upright deep freezer. It's barely enough. None of mine are old, though. The oldest one is barely ten years old.

Ize said:
Firvolous? Frivolous????? :mad: My a$$. If I didn't have a second fridge I wouldn't have ANY room for beer.

I have a kitchen fridge, a beer fridge, an upright freezer, and have acquired a smaller fridge that will become a two tap kegerator. :rockin:

Frivolous?? Smoke me.

Ize
I hear you...a kitchen fridge, a beer fridge, an upright freezer, a kegerator and a keezer...:D As long as I pay my bill I'm keeping those people employed...;)

I don't see what the fuss is all about...the world's ending on Dec 21, 2012 anyway!! (It's the last day of the Mayan Calendar).

homebrewer_99 said:
...the world's ending on Dec 21, 2012 anyway!! (It's the last day of the Mayan Calendar).

Incorrect common interpretation of the way Mayans counted... the counting is cyclical, said an erudite guide at Coba, in the Yucatan.

beergears said:
Incorrect common interpretation of the way Mayans counted... the counting is cyclical, said an erudite guide at Coba, in the Yucatan.

So when the hell is the last day? I was counting on that... running up my credit card bill at the LHBS & stuff.

Fricking Global Warming Scam Artists. Continuing to look for ways to force changes on our way of living while coming up with schemes that will increase taxes for redistributing wealth (while at the same time living a hypocritical life).

By abandoning beer fridges altogether, Canada's 11.5 million households could save 3500 million kWh each year, says Young.
Class divide
Actually if all of Canada's global warming libtards moved to Sweden, Canada would save billions in entitlement spending and life would be great.

I'm keeping my kitchen fridge, kitchen beer fridge, 21 cu. ft. upright freezer, Barn fridge, Garage Beer Fridge, and 3 chest freezers for fermenting & storing beer.

I also have a lifetime supply of incandescent light bulbs which work great in cold weather and only cost me 24 cents each. I won't have to worry about all the mercury seeping into the ground water at landfills from the curly bulbs, nor will I have to get the EPA involved if I break one in the house, spreading mercury all over.

I gladly pay my electric bill each month.

/rant off

homebrewer_99 said:
I don't see what the fuss is all about...the world's ending on Dec 21, 2012 anyway!! (It's the last day of the Mayan Calendar).

Cool! We need to come up with a 121212 beer. We would have 9 days to get hammered before EOTW. :mug:

EdWort said:
Cool! We need to come up with a 121212 beer. We would have 9 days to get hammered before EOTW. :mug:

I was just scribbling ideas onto paper for 9/9/9 and 12/12/12, funny you should mention.

I think both are gonna have to be monstrous brews though. Unless we choose to apply our numerology elsewhere (ingredient list, ibu's, etc), I think we're looking at a 1.099 beer and a 1.120 beer. I guess it could ferment DOWN to 1.012. Hm.

Latest posts

Back