Buying 2-row base malt in Sacramento?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivercat96

Reaction score
Trying to figure out the best method to acquire 2-row base malt for AG brewing in the Sacramento area. The shipping on the large bags is the same price as the grain so a $32 sack of grain is roughly $60 with shipping from my local online store, More Beer. I think my LHBS said they weren't sure if they could get 50 lb. sacks for me last time I asked them. If I need to I'll chat with a local brewery and see if I can buy a sack.

Brewmeister in Folsom usually has a pallet of 2-row on the floor. I overheard Original Homebrew Outlet talking about selling a bag less than a year ago. I do not know of a bulk distributor.

Trying to figure out the best method to acquire 2-row base malt for AG brewing in the Sacramento area. The shipping on the large bags is the same price as the grain so a $32 sack of grain is roughly $60 with shipping from my local online store, More Beer. I think my LHBS said they weren't sure if they could get 50 lb. sacks for me last time I asked them. If I need to I'll chat with a local brewery and see if I can buy a sack.

You're close enough to here...

Certified Foods

They'll do cash and carry. Call for a price list and an updated list of what they carry.

Rosevillain & JPC thanks for the info. I think I'll be checking out Brewmeister today, have had issues with the Original Home Brew Outlet over the years and now live closer to Folsom. Wow, that grain distributor in Woodland sounds awesome, I'll also be paying a visit to them. Has anyone had any luck buying 2 row or other grains from the Sacramento Natural Food Coop? Thanks again brew brothers.

Original Homebrew Outlet does sell Sacks. $42. FYI, there is a new store going in Downtown on Broadway called BFD (Brew Ferment Distill)

2nd Saturday and Grand Opening

Date: Saturday, July 10, 2010
Time: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
Phone: 916-919-4619

You're close enough to here...

Certified Foods

They'll do cash and carry. Call for a price list and an updated list of what they carry.

Wow! I live in Woodland. I had never heard of them before. I called and they have great prices. $35.50 fo 50lbs of 2 row. $45.55 for 55lbs MO. Looks like I'm going shopping!

Wow! I live in Woodland. I had never heard of them before. I called and they have great prices. $35.50 fo 50lbs of 2 row. $45.55 for 55lbs MO. Looks like I'm going shopping!

The place is a warehouse... it's HUGE. I walked in while waiting for them to gather my order (a lowly three sacks), and they have pallet after pallet of flour, malt, etc. stacked up there.

I've only been there once, since it's a two-hour drive for me (each way), but if I ever have to be in that area again, I plan on stopping there.

Back