Carolina Malt House

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wreck99

Wrecked Brewery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just reached out to Carolina Malt House (carolinamalt.com) in NC and they offer base malts at $1.00/lb in 50lb quantities, so basically $50/sack for 2-row, pils, munich, vienna, oats, etc. Their Carolina 2-row sounds like a Golden Promise, so that's a nice cost savings if you are close. I'm definitely going to try these guys out, as I'm about an hour away. Just wanted to pass on the info to anyone else in the area.

Interesting, you can just buy it directly from their malt house? It's over $70/sack at my local store and I'm not too far from the malt house so I'll look into buying a couple sacks.

Interesting, you can just buy it directly from their malt house? It's over $70/sack at my local store and I'm not too far from the malt house so I'll look into buying a couple sacks.
Yeah I spoke to Henry at the malt house and he said all they ask is you call ahead the day of pick-up and they will have your order prepared. It's also over $70 at my LHBS so this is definitely something to consider.

Back