Budget Flow Sight Glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
While I'm very proud of finding and selling some of the clearest silicone tubing available, I can agree that it's not crystal clear. Customers have been suggesting that I put together a lighter duty sight glass than is typically sold with large TC ports. Here's what I came up with; 1/2" ID borosilicate (Pyrex) glass, 1/8" wall. Viewing area is 2" long. Silicone seals, etc.

For now they will be available with a male and female camlock and a 1/2" Female NPT version for those who use non cam QDs or have something else in mind. I can also accommodate camlocks with same ports on both ends, male/male and fem/fem.

These weigh at least half of what the TC versions typically do so it can hang off RIMS or other accessory without looking obnoxious.

The pricing is going to be quite reasonable at around $30.

flowsights.jpg

can you post a link to them when they are ready to go! I want one of these for sure!

Bobby, thanks for developing this! I can see how this would be a useful multitasker for my system and will consider it. Keep up the great work! N_G

These weigh at least half of what the TC versions typically do so it can hang off RIMS or other accessory without looking obnoxious.

Awesome. I won't be able to resist these when available.

I picked up one of those large TC versions you reference (in 1.5TC) thinking it would be cool in recirc loop and it's only serving duty as a door stop right now. Also a good home defense weapon. Not sure it will ever be usefull in brewing. Certainly not hanging off my kettle. Seems more likely to rip fittings out of thin walled kettles than provide cool sightglassy action.

Back