Brewin' in the Jaw

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cart

Reaction score
Hey all, been lurking for a while and posting for a week or so, but I've yet to introduce myself. I'm living in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada for now, but move around quite a bit. Started brewing about 3 or 4 years ago with kits, now doing extract with grains, and next one's going to be all grain. Regina (45 min away) is the first place I've found a brew shop that knows what malted grains look like (after failing in Kingston and Winnipeg), so the hobby's really taken off since I've been here.

BTW folks on here are awesome, hope with experience I can measure up to the helpfulness of some of the masters! (Like Revvy's all frequent but always well polite and well appreciated response to OMG my beer won't carb!).

Didn't some really good hockey players come out of Moose Jaw, or am I thinking of a similar-sounding place? I'm sure it was Moose Somethingorother.

Probably, Saskatchewan is hockey country. Only been here a year and a half though, so none come to mind. We have a Western Hockey League team though, the Warriors, and a ton of NHL players come through the WHL. Used to live in Regina, Ryan Getzlaf is from there... watch his brother more though, Chris, receiver for the Riders (anyone actually watch Canadian football in the states? Michigan could probably be considered honorary Canadians just for proximity and quality hockey, but not sure about football...)

Back