Another new guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. New guy here. But not to hone brew. Been breewing off and on for over 10 years. Started with a Mr.Beer kit. Now doing all grain and kegging my beer. Think I've finally mastered it some as I now am making consistance brew flavors.
Here to learn and help when I can. Recently retetired and moved to Nevada. 43 years playing Sailor, now living in the foothills of the Peterson mountains north of Reno, Nevada.
21 years active duty Navy. 22 years Govt service working for the Navy.

Welcome aboard!
I also started with Mr Beer a decade ago. And went to sea as a Boatswain's Mate in the USCG. (We don't have to fight about it :) ) I only stayed six years, but have been sailing my own boats for 36 years.

Welcome from the San Francisco Bay area. I am about 2 years or so away from retirement from law enforcement. Reno, or at least Nevada in general is on my list to check out and see what could be out there for retirement. Great site to learn and add to the fun. Rock On!!!!!!!!!!
Met my wife up in Vallejo when I was going to school at Mare Island for the second time. Her Mom and Dad are still there. Her uncle retired as Vallejo PD and is now living out in Reno along with one of her cousins. The reason we chose here vice Texas where I was born.

Met my wife up in Vallejo when I was going to school at Mare Island for the second time. Her Mom and Dad are still there. Her uncle retired as Vallejo PD and is now living out in Reno along with one of her cousins. The reason we chose here vice Texas where I was born.
One of my coworkers put in 25 years, retired and left his million dollar home in San Carlos and bought a brand new place outside of Reno. He really likes it out there.

We've been here for a month now and like it so far. We are about 35 miles north of town. Beautiful views and peace and quiet
Screenshot_20230718_124244_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230718_124222_Gallery.jpg

Back