Brewie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Europe, Finland. I think Bronco also mentioned earlier that he is from Europe

:off:

"Today, the greatest concentration of Finnish Americans is in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, where they form 16% of the population, and are the largest ancestral group in the peninsula's western counties."

Three of my grandparents spoke Finnish. Two of my uncles are here on work visas from the late '70's. Maybe I'll visit someday and try some of your brewie beer;) I really feel like its someplace I should go someday.

Sorry for the derail, I have been following this thread for some reason, carry on...

:off:

"Today, the greatest concentration of Finnish Americans is in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, where they form 16% of the population, and are the largest ancestral group in the peninsula's western counties."

Three of my grandparents spoke Finnish. Two of my uncles are here on work visas from the late '70's. Maybe I'll visit someday and try some of your brewie beer;) I really feel like its someplace I should go someday.

Sorry for the derail, I have been following this thread for some reason, carry on...

I say KIPPIS to you! If you come to Finland, come summertime! See the midnight festival and the nightless night! Go to SAUNA and try some excellent SAHTI! Well, the winters are quite awesome too! Especially at Lapland when Aurora borealis show up! Very nice post! Thank you! (... and sorry for off topic) =)

I say KIPPIS to you! If you come to Finland, come summertime! See the midnight festival and the nightless night! Go to SAUNA and try some excellent SAHTI! Well, the winters are quite awesome too! Especially at Lapland when Aurora borealis show up! Very nice post! Thank you! (... and sorry for off topic) =)

Kippis to you! Maybe we will meet someday. Sisu!

Heartrending

I hope your brewie crashes and burns and then sinks into the deepest depths en route while you wait on your porch with your delivery ticket in hand, for days, in the rain and then the replacement one you get a year later doesn't work. Sorry to interrupt your urgent business here;)

Edit: I'm kidding. Love you man.

Received a mail a week ago saying: Tracking ID next week. Week is over. No Tracking ID. Love them.

Any updates on your overdue tracking ID?

Was that your comment on FB?

"How to surprise a #Brewie customer?

Real Delivery."

Too funny when they post it as a gift idea but new orders wouldn't be received until late Feb (per their own answers) at the soonest... and that's a big maybe.

On a seperate note, has it been mentioned that one of the biggest plusses of Brewie is that it has been stated that it will work without being online?

Seriously I hope so. If it actually arrives stateside it will have growing pains. I just can't even imagine the customer service one is going to get out of this group.

Agreed. We are dealing with a startup that has produced a pretty complicated peice of hardware overseas. Ive been told they plan to have a North America customer support system in place, so fingers crossed.

First tracking ID has been delivered today. Brewie delivery to this guy Friday. Not my machine yet!

Brewie is saying that the next update email with more sketchy tentative delivery dates is coming tomorrow.

No, this isn't the situation. Several in the US ordered 240v more than a year ago and have received no notification. The only difference between a US 240v and an EU 240v is going to be the plug (there is no 50/60Hz option). It's highly unlikely that Brewie is manufacturing their own plugs - they're just purchased and packaged separately. The only explanations I can think of are:

a) Brewie is showing favoritism to European customers for some reason or

b) There's an issue with the drop ship process from the factory

Either way, it further highlights Brewie's lack of managerial competence.

Not going to argue about the competence (to say communication and organization of all parts of this operation could be clearer is just a wee redundant at this point).

On our discussion above, here's the official delivery logic they posted today:

Brewie
Please, keep in mind that there can be even month differences in the purchase date. Also, we started the delivery with the EU plug type and through Hungary.

Honestly it makes sense to ship Europe first...it's much tougher to work out bugs if you're having to ship across the pond. Trust me, you don't want to be Beta on this with no support in the US.

Today's email basically says that everyone that will receive a unit between now and February 2 have been notified. So that means if you, like me, have not been notified than don't expect it any time before that. It doesn't actually say when.

I am upset that we are still waiting with no real update. Everyone that ordered after us is getting a unit. Feels like it's a big F U to the USA supporters.

Come guys, let's be realistic here. They most likely had a pallet of 20-24 sent to them in Hungary and distributed the initial units from there. The remaining will be sent from manufacturing site. Yes they could put US plugs on the 240 setup, but it's a new production line of a fairly small number of units being produced, so following keep it simple policy. I'm in the US and would love to get my unit, but can we keep the bitching and moaning to a minimum.

I am upset that we are still waiting with no real update. Everyone that ordered after us is getting a unit. Feels like it's a big F U to the USA supporters.

Well, what did you really expect? Communication has been very sparse. I won't buy one just because when it breaks(and it will break) good luck getting ahold of anyone for spare parts. It will be a $2000 paperweight

Which also seems to be bull****. Or not ?

I think we'll find out next week. I've been chatting with this guy, and he told me that his unit is now at DHL hub 20km away from his house. He should have it delivered to his house next week. Probably monday as it's that close already...

They have sent a mail and written that i get the tracking ID this week.

Haven't you asked where did they hide your machine? I was supposed to get the tracking ID last week... I didn't. If I don't get it during next week I'll get suspicious! Machine was promised to arrive 21-23th Dec. This is really weird!

Haven't you asked where did they hide your machine? I was supposed to get the tracking ID last week... I didn't. If I don't get it during next week I'll get suspicious! Machine was promised to arrive 21-23th Dec. This is really weird!

I have waited until Saturday because I thought the Lord is gracious and sends me a Brewie, but that was a waste of effort. On Monday I will ask, but keep in mind it is everything as it was planned. Every time the same e-mails that get on your nerves, because they write nothing in it anyway.

Brewie is saying that the next update email with more sketchy tentative delivery dates is coming tomorrow.

Not going to argue about the competence (to say communication and organization of all parts of this operation could be clearer is just a wee redundant at this point).

On our discussion above, here's the official delivery logic they posted today:

Brewie
Please, keep in mind that there can be even month differences in the purchase date. Also, we started the delivery with the EU plug type and through Hungary.

Why would the plug type dictate manufacturing order? A plug is less than a dollar in Taiwan and should be plug and play swappable! More incompetence.

They are working to get everyone's machines. Sorry guys, wipe your tears and realize the world doesn't revolve around the USA.

it doesn't?:D
USAWORLD.gif

I understand the order due to different power supplies, frequencies, plugs, etc. Their customer base would be more understanding if they weren't so secretive and communicate with them. What are they trying to hide from us? Are we going to get a stainless steel box fill with potatoes?

Why would the plug type dictate manufacturing order? A plug is less than a dollar in Taiwan and should be plug and play swappable! More incompetence.

For some reason they chose to install built in plug so it's not swappable.

For some reason they chose to install built in plug so it's not swappable.
Regulations and certification - this isn't a printer or a set top box. This needs a built in cable or you would need an electrician to install it (in theory) just like an oven. It's probably easy to swap the cable if you know what you're doing but it isn't stupid user friendly 😀

The last update was a "better late than never" reply but at least I know their pattern. I'll wait and look forward to receiving mine when it's due.

I was off this thread for a month or more. Was too lazy to read through all the posts since then. From the few ones I read the situation is still:

- brewie does not deliver (yet?)
- brewie does not release valuable info
- brewie makes empty promises

Am I right or did I miss something?

Update on this post: I just checked brewie's Facebook page. There is a S..t-Storm brewing.
People start to ask for refunds. Seems most did not even get a delivery ID as of yet.

I ll grab my popcorn.

I just received tracking ID of Brewie and Brewie pad! Sent to me by DHL, so now the unit is really on the way home!

- brewie does not deliver (yet?)
- brewie does not release valuable info
- brewie makes empty promises

They definitely deliver. I have also received the Starter Kit a few days ago, but for 2 weeks still no tracking ID.

The main problem of the company is and remains that there is not enough quality in the communication. They send many mails, but do not give any concrete information. With e-mails that are constantly saying that everything is all right, no one is helped because everyone sees that it is not so if after many weeks still no machine has arrived. I think they wanted something different. If they have problems, they should say it. This is not the problem. No one expects from a small company that everything works. They must only communicate this.

I was only informed on request that there are problems with the customs documents and therefore it takes longer. This is not a problem, but after two weeks they could have said this by itself without request, otherwise there will be more and more dissatisfied customers.

Likewise, they would have had to avoid saying that they were delivering everywhere. Instead "we first supply Europe". So that no customer in the USA is irritated.

And if you do not have enough staff, then you have to adjust more for a short time. My goodness. This is better than neglected customers, who spread their anger to other customers and thereby the brand and company receive a bad reputation.

Hello Gabriella and team. I hope you read it and do it.

Back