Brewie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another snippet from email regarding shipping/timing - still 'waiting for tracking IDs' currently though.

From Brewie:
"First of all a few basic information about the shipping process:
- this year we will deliver machines from the first batch but we already have the second batch planned for next year – it means that afterwards we will be able to ship the Brewies continously
- the delivery of the additional orders (e.g. more Brewie Pads and kegs) will be delivered after the shipment of the basic package. Later on shipments of additional orders will have a shorter delivery time. It is only at the beginning that it takes longer due to preparations. We will try to schedule their arrival close in time to make sure you will be able to start brewing as soon as possible
- the solution for the question of VAT: in the European Union, there won’t be additional costs regarding this and for non-EU countries we will send a detailed list this week"

- this year we will deliver machines from the first batch but we already have the second batch planned for next year – it means that afterwards we will be able to ship the Brewies continously"

This is so typical of their communications: No specifics at all.
How many machines are in the first batch? was this the two they delivered in Hungary to make a video? Or are we talking a couple of hundred machines?

We already have planned for the next year... Wow, well done!
Care to tell us what the plan is?
How many machines, when?

From everything I have seen, I would wait at least a year. By then they will 1) be out of business or 2) have figured out production and shipping............

Looks like they are shipping to Europe. Wonder when USA shipping will start? I am hoping for Air shipping!

Has anyone bought the Russian version mentioned back in Sept? Looks mighty rough compared to the brewie... beerender.com

- this year we will deliver machines from the first batch but we already have the second batch planned for next year – it means that afterwards we will be able to ship the Brewies continously"

This is so typical of their communications: No specifics at all.
How many machines are in the first batch? was this the two they delivered in Hungary to make a video? Or are we talking a couple of hundred machines?

We already have planned for the next year... Wow, well done!
Care to tell us what the plan is?
How many machines, when?

Only way to get real answers is to ask the CEO Marcell directly. Updates written by someone else usually create more questions rather than giving specific answers as they're supposed to do! Ask something at FB and you probably get a vague answer if any.
This year's first production batch is 500+ machines (info from CEO).
I've calculated that they produce at least 50 machines a week, most probably about 100/week (+/- 20). My guess is that the machines they delivered personally were the ones that were taken to Hungary by the engineering team which returned from Taiwan. Shipments to rest Europe customers are reshipped when the larger shipment reaches their hub in Hungary. They have said that rest of the world customers are receiving the machine directly from factory... No clue when they start shipping or if they have already.
Seems to me that they just have too many things to figure out at the same with too little experience! That's how it goes. However, the machine is the most important! Their company will learn how do stuff! If the product is good, the success is guaranteed!

I'm one of the chosen one and will get my machine in december, so they definitely started to deliver.

Need help deciding! I can't seem to find specific information and asking them doesn't seem to help. I would be ready to order right now if someone can confirm how large of a batch size can you make? Can you make 5.28 gallons of 1.070?

Need help deciding! I can't seem to find specific information and asking them doesn't seem to help. I would be ready to order right now if someone can confirm how large of a batch size can you make? Can you make 5.28 gallons of 1.070?

Last year, they posted it could make 5.2 gallons of beer using a max grain bill of 17.6 pounds. You could get to around 1.090 with this, given 75% efficiency, depending on grainbill used. They've also suggested using an additional mash schedule or extract to make big beers.

However, there's a lot of anxiety surrounding the company right now. You'd be better off waiting a few weeks for some reviews and feedback at this point.

WTF? I feel Marcel Pal and his Brewie Team are about to receive a tidal wave of well deserved hate mail.

That wasn't my intention.
I was surprised too. When I saw that they would probably send only 30 machines or something, I would never have thought that I would get one this year. I think they start in europe, because its easier and for the rest they realized that shipping by ship is too long and now they try to fix this problem. That's my explanation.

Last year, they posted it could make 5.2 gallons of beer using a max grain bill of 17.6 pounds. You could get to around 1.090 with this, given 75% efficiency, depending on grainbill used. They've also suggested using an additional mash schedule or extract to make big beers.

However, there's a lot of anxiety surrounding the company right now. You'd be better off waiting a few weeks for some reviews and feedback at this point.

Thanks for the info. I could get a straight answer from them! I haven't been following to closely the last week what is the anxiety about?? Looks like they are shipping.

Thanks for the info. I couldn't get a straight answer from them! It seems like a 1.065 wouldn't be an issue. I haven't been following to closely the last week what is the anxiety about?? Looks like they are shipping.

Thanks for the info. I couldn't get a straight answer from them! It seems like a 1.065 wouldn't be an issue. I haven't been following to closely the last week what is the anxiety about?? Looks like they are shipping.

The nearly complete lack of communication throughout the entire indiegogo campaign and disorganization within the company gives reason to doubt their ability to provide sufficient customer service, replacement parts, and it brings into question their ability to survive as a company even just through the warranty period of the system itself.

Hopefully it all works out for them, but they haven't displayed any resemblance of a company that cares about their customers since their inception.

That wasn't my intention.
I was surprised too. When I saw that they would probably send only 30 machines or something, I would never have thought that I would get one this year. I think they start in europe, because its easier and for the rest they realized that shipping by ship is too long and now they try to fix this problem. That's my explanation.

Thanks for sharing - it helps confirm that they would produce all of the Brewies for one region (plug and voltage) as a time. Makes more sense to do that and make them in batches before retooling over to different sets of components for each region, even if it doesn't always go in order 'order'. Some of the earliest orders (perhaps even pre-Indigogo) were likely from EU as well.

Thanks for sharing - it helps confirm that they would produce all of the Brewies for one region (plug and voltage) as a time. Makes more sense to do that and make them in batches before retooling over to different sets of components for each region, even if it doesn't always go in order 'order'. Some of the earliest orders (perhaps even pre-Indigogo) were likely from EU as well.

No, this isn't the situation. Several in the US ordered 240v more than a year ago and have received no notification. The only difference between a US 240v and an EU 240v is going to be the plug (there is no 50/60Hz option). It's highly unlikely that Brewie is manufacturing their own plugs - they're just purchased and packaged separately. The only explanations I can think of are:

a) Brewie is showing favoritism to European customers for some reason or
b) There's an issue with the drop ship process from the factory

Either way, it further highlights Brewie's lack of managerial competence.

I have called Marcell about this question, check my earlier post:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7769687&postcount=371

Ok. Thanks for sharing! Good for you! Not fair to others who have been waiting for 1-2years, but it's definitely not your fault! Are you perhaps a product reviewer? You make Youtube videos etc? Any good reason for being so privileged?

Ok. Thanks for sharing! Good for you! Not fair to others who have been waiting for 1-2years, but it's definitely not your fault! Are you perhaps a product reviewer? You make Youtube videos etc? Any good reason for being so privileged?

To calm your conscience, I should probably write that I am a tester, but I believe I am just lucky. Or certain countries within the EU are first supplied. All remain calm. At the end of the day, all have their machine.

Don't worry! I can live with that! Being from Europe myself I should get my machine at Dec (ordered 1 year ago). I bet most pissed off people are the ones who are from US, and backed this product about 2 years ago. Aren't we all who buy stuff from crowd funding campaigns some kind of testers! =)

I really doubt that! Why would team Brewie register here with fake user ID? If they would do it to send people message that Brewies are being shipped, they would for sure do it saying that they backed the project 2 years ago. Besides, I've chatted with one Swiss guy who also received this pre-notification email last week saying that his unit in on the way and should reach his location 5th-9th Dec. So, next week first 30 units reach customers.

I see you just joined to tell yours is on the way. Any chance you work for Brewie? Got links to your previous test reviews?

Ok, you got me. I don't work directly for Brewie. I'm the lover of the sis of the CEO Marcel. He asked me to write a few good things in this amazing forum, so that there customers remain calm. I'm sorry. There is no delivery. Everything is fake. The boxes on the photos were empty. And the whole company is fake. The whole brewie team are cheaters. Or I just kidding and you shouldn't see a conspiracy behind everything.
You can choose.

Bronco really works for PicoBrew and has been brewing on a Zymatic this whole time and wants to upgrade to a Brewie.

Ok, you got me. I don't work directly for Brewie. I'm the lover of the sis of the CEO Marcel. He asked me to write a few good things in this amazing forum, so that there customers remain calm. I'm sorry. There is no delivery. Everything is fake. The boxes on the photos were empty. And the whole company is fake. The whole brewie team are cheaters. Or I just kidding and you shouldn't see a conspiracy behind everything.
You can choose.

Ha! That answer alone was worth all the hate I just felt.

Latest posts

Back