Brewie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly! You found perfect words to say what is the problem! Very much agree with you!

Dear friends of Brewie,

We would like to inform you that your Brewies are on the way, or probably some of you have already received them. This is an important chapter for us, so we would like to ensure you have the best experience.

What a stupid mail again. I read the tenth time that my brewie is on the way. Would be nice but i can't confirm.
I don't know exactly, but I believe there is a difference between me and the Brewie Team about the interpretation of the phrase "on the way". To my mind "on the way" doesn't mean that there is a machine which stands somewhere in Hungary and maybe in a few weeks it might be on a DHL truck. No. It means that this f.... machine is on a f..... truck and this f.... truck drives on a street in the direction of my house.

Hopefully you guys start actually receiving this vaporware, and I hope when you do finally get them that they arent a big shiny turd. Just way too many excuses from them and vague as crap emails. Sorry for your frustrations and hope they take care of it.

Hopefully you guys start actually receiving this vaporware, and I hope when you do finally get them that they arent a big shiny turd. Just way too many excuses from them and vague as crap emails. Sorry for your frustrations and hope they take care of it.

We'll find that out soon! Delivery next Wednesday! Excited and terrified at the same time! =)

We'll find that out soon! Delivery next Wednesday! Excited and terrified at the same time! =)

I'm sorry. If the package should go to Finland, it go through my country if it doesn't come through the Baltika. Then I think it will not arrive. ;)

I'm sorry. If the package should go to Finland, it go through my country if it doesn't come through the Baltika. Then I think it will not arrive. ;)

Go ahead! =) If you can find the right truck of DHL I think you have earned it! =)

+ there is at least another Brewie at the same truck going to Sweden... might be that even more!

I wonder what kind of freedom we will have with the programming. Like can we get the machine to do sous vide?

+ there is at least another Brewie at the same truck going to Sweden... might be that even more!

Its fun being an early adopter, but for me, not in this case. If I had money in this and could not get it out, my best case scenario is that I would get nothing for the next year and hope to get the second or third version.

My best case scenario is that Brewie is an excellent machine! 2nd and 3rd generation machines aren't always better... sometimes they're released with cheaper parts to raise the profit!

2 Brewies delivered yesterday/ today. Many more to arrive before end of the week.

Where are you seeing the updates?

Actually 3 confirmed deliveries now. 1 I see at YouTube/ Brewie's FB-site assuming he's same guy, 2 others I've been writing PM, they sent me some pics. Definitely not vaporware!

I'm really happy that you guys are finally getting them. Looks really well packed. I hope the actual machines are built with quality and work the way they are supposed to. Can't wait for the guys that are getting them to start putting them to the test and seeing what they can do. Hopefully the US guys aren't too far behind in receiving theirs.

Can you post the pics?

No, sorry! I don't wan't to reshare pics that were shared to me "confidentially"... those were taken at people's home showing some other stuff around, so my opinion is that evwryone shares their own pics!

My machine is now at Helsinki, with good luck home today! You'll get pics soon!

Yeah, we'll just have to wait patiently. At least a few guys have em, can't wait for further brewer feedback.

Also, we haven't heard a word about the social platform, are we going to have to manually type up the recipes into the machine? Will they provide equipment profiles for beersmith?

He is a swiss guy.

What he says in short:
- Ordered the brewie what feels like "100 years ago"
- delivery was blocked for a week at the border (customs)
- happy, that its finally here
- looks like a value machine
- here is where the hops go, this is cleaning stuff
- will have a look at it and keep you updated

As per the extended version: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5mQjqZvcyc[/ame]

Odd but with the Zymatic and PICO releases we had brewing reviews within hours of receipt of the machine...

I would have done a review but DHL lost my Brewie between Helsinki and my home town... Obly 1 oit of 2 boxes arrived.

Can someone please tranlate the review to English? This does not look good judging by all the error messages....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImEnW8UqZJk[/ame]

Well the first ones are kinda understandable. Maybe the wifi is not great where he is. The keypad is awfully small though!

The last error looks to be a deal breaker for that mash. Not exactly a good representation of your product's first live brew.

Automation is glorious when it works, but maddeningly exposes its human architects when it doesn't!

Nice to see a brew from a customer! It looks like it has the same "issue" as Pico has - it needs constant wifi. It should be fairly easy to update the software to handle this.

He's describing the process of entering the password for the wifi. It's obviously flaky because he keeps getting dropped. He's also having issues entering the password physically because the keypad is small. Then he goes on to describe the ingredients and the adding of them, also seeing that water enters and is pumped from the HLT to the mash tun. He get's another password incorrect issue at some point that doesn't go away. I'm guessing the SW does a callback over the wifi expecting something in return before it continues - when it doesn't its stuck. But he doesn't give up and will do another try soon.

Hopefully they will cache the recipe in future SW upgrades so once it's downloaded it's only the progress in the app/website that is broken if wifi is down.

Don't think the PICO needs constant wifi. Only to get online to select the recipe and to monitor progress. Monitoring is very cool but optional.

My opinion is this wifi bug is something that should have been caught and managed. Heck, even modules in locations where signals are good will drop WiFi from time to time. My own kegerator controller did that and I put a lot of time into making sure it recovered gracefully.

Yeah... Sorry for the delay caused by Xmast! I received my Brewie, but there was a leak at the bottom of the unit. They sent immediately new one which is on the way! Bad luck! The software was buggy, but there was update downloading when I noticed the leak and switched the unit off. Otherwise the build quality seemed veey good and the machine looks stunning. Not worries if the machine is good or not! I have 2 friends who have brewed with their machines now. Efficiency seems to very good = 20l of 1.045-1.047 with 4kg's of malt= Brewhouse efficiency about 75℅!!! Much better than I expected!

So far the build quality is not quite what you would expect. I am sure they will work it out but how many people will they turn off and how much additional cash burn will result from the remedies? Honestly, IMO there is little excuse for incomplete software at this point.

Back