brewfather Quarantine Mexican Lager corona clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryMc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I use brewfather app. I found this recipe Quarantine Mexican Lager (a corona clone) and put it in 2 5 gallon buckets with bubblers. It says to use WLP940 whitelabs yeast. I used CellarScience BAJA Yeast instead. Closest substitute I could find. OK so the recipe says to ferment 55 degrees for 14 days then up the temp to 65 degrees for 3 days then cold crash for 2 days at 32 degrees. SO I set my inkbird to 48 degrees for 14 days because that's in the temp range this yeast likes. SO my question is should I up the temp to 65 degrees for 3 days? Then cold crash for 2? The bubblers are still bubbling... Any advice appreciated.

Attachments

• VID-20230508-WA0000.mp4
    4.7 MB
You want to do a diacetyl rest . When fermentation is about 75% I ramp up the temp 3 to 4 degrees a day. When the temp reaches mid to high 60's leave at that temp for 3 days for the rest . By this time fermentation is complete , then coldcrash .

The point to raising the temperature is to allow/encourage the yeast to clean up diacetyl. While the exact timing of raising the temperature isn't necessarily critical, aiming to raise it when the fermentation is 3/4 finished should give you the results in the 3 days suggested. If the beer is closer to being finished it may take longer than 3 days to clean up the diacetyl.

Back